Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Saigers chems

+2
Mo
milspec6
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Saigers chems - Page 2 Empty Re: Saigers chems

Post by Freemind1 Wed May 16, 2018 4:07 am

Chemical exposure is becoming a real issue among the general public. Lots of people are becoming sensitive to chemicals and smells. I even hear people talk about it in window cleaning, though I personally have not run into the issue.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed May 16, 2018 4:02 pm

I think most of the sensitivites are likely psychosomatic, but the symptoms remain real just the same. I always wonder how most cleaners out there answer when a customer asks "what's in that sprayer"? Before the internet, they would have no idea and just trust what you say, but a lot of people do some research these days and can't be dismissed too easily.

If you don't know what the answer to that question is (probably 90% of the industry since suppliers don't want to tell you) you should also ask yourself what are you doing to yourself? Not just breathing or getting it onto your skin, but via the eyes. Your eyes are porous and are like little petri dishes, you absorb a lot through them on a daily basis.

What is in your sprayer?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat May 19, 2018 8:40 pm

What’s in my sprayer ? Prochem power burst, what’s in it ? Enzyme ! If you want more details, you should google it yourself, lol.
You guys are right though, there are more people asking more questions these days, I usually just tell them how I typed up there, in all honesty, I don’t want those customers that freaks out about chemicals use, they tend to be a problem after service is done.

Hey AC, thanks for the info, great pictures and great work.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat May 19, 2018 9:01 pm

I just refer them to the MSDS. It doesn't tell them everything that's in there but it will give them the health rating and weather the product contains an inhalation irritant, carcinogen, etc
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat May 19, 2018 10:21 pm

I think there is more to it than that gang. Not so much for the customer but for the cleaners using them. Did you know that a lot of unopened presprays these days can explode when they reach an environment of 120 degrees? How hot does it get in your van on a hot sunny day in June or when the TM is running?

I am always reminded of the day a brand new cleaner told me about how he ended up in the hospital after crashing his van. A container of solvent spilled out in his van and the fumes caused him to black out before he could lower the windows. Destroyed the van, his business, and ended up broken ribs. We carry a pretty diverse chemical facotry in our vans yet most don't give it a second of thought.

We need to know what we are using far more than the customer.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun May 20, 2018 7:57 am

True. Most of what I carry isn't a problem. But IF I have to do hard water stain removal, most of the more effective stuff is acid.

You sure wouldn't want to breath the fumes from that stuff.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun May 20, 2018 12:33 pm

This is how we do it these days.    

Light soil - green encap pre spray (encapu green),    CRB,    very light rinse with TM - dry carpet in an hr or so

heavy soil/restoration - RSF spiked pre spray,  CRB,   and heavy flush very high heat   about 4-6hrs to dry

tile/grout/stone - groutmaster and we use respirators especially if in a shower

The truth is the pre spray is not as much your enemy as using an extraction detergent,    heating up a chem to 200+ degrees and breathing the steam is.      

when you pre spray the solution shouldnt be entering the air nearly as much so your exposure is very low,   also these are only for the heavy nasty restoration jobs anyways,     the air quality in that customers home is already extremely poor.    

if you use Dawn dish soap,  tide laundry detergent,   dial hand soap,   windex,   409, colgate toothpaste,  use any kind of chems when working on your car such as brake cleaner,   engine degreaser,    etc etc          your already exposing yourself to plenty of chems and people have been doing this for many years.  

We do have some customers where everything in their home is natural and if that is the way you want to live,   thats great but carpet cleaning is a terrible industry for you to be in if your highly chemical sensitive.

any of us who live in big metro areas are exposed to so much more than a carpet cleaning chem, we have millions of cars on the road everyday
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun May 20, 2018 12:44 pm

All very true AC and I run very low risk stuff like Procyon these days except for commercial where it needs more punch. A smart cleaner knows how to reduce exposure, but how many smart cleaners do you see out there these days? Most are poorly trained techs with no supervision spraying the harhest stuff they can find and many holding the sprayer in the air while talking rather than focussing on the carpet. How many are smart and wear respirators when cleaning shower tile like that?

Over-all, I think the Owner / Operators understand it, but there are not so many of us these days compared to $14 / hr. techs being sent out to clean. It just irritates me to see people get put in those situations and by an industry that seems to support it with the "secret formulas" and false advertising.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu May 31, 2018 6:58 pm

Rob procyon is not as safe as you may think, research the ingredients.

RAW pre spray is 20x more effective and safer.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu May 31, 2018 8:14 pm

I have looked at the Procyon and I understand your point, but I need to use up a couple of cases worth yet and it seems to work really well on the corn-based fibers that I am seeing these days. Not bad on some furniture either. Once I use it up, not sure if I will order any more. I still like the original Grease Eraser, but I am out for now.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:52 pm

its not a bad product but the advertising is misleading...   the baby holding the bottle like hes about to drink it and all lol

there are many copies of procyon that are more concentrated,   much more cost effective. I still have about 30lbs of it sitting around.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:01 pm

The marketing used by this industry is pretty predictable isn't it? Use the key words of "green", "healthy", and show a baby crawling on it or something to reinforce it. Ever wonder how many carpet cleaners really own dogs? We all know the problems that they can cause to flooring and furniture yet nearly every cleaner seems to show a trusty dog on their website.

I bet most of the cleaners live like they are just barely removed from a frat house. I look around my place with all the tools, chemical boxes, etc. and sure don't look much like the common cleaner that you find in those websites and van signage.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2