Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

What do you guys say we do a Cleaners Lounge Loaner

+6
Floorguy
Pro Touch
Ryan S
Davey Cracker
milspec6
Mo
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What do you guys say we do a Cleaners Lounge Loaner Empty What do you guys say we do a Cleaners Lounge Loaner

Post by Mo Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:37 am

What do you guys think. A loaner Sponsored by the Cleaners Lounge. Maybe a sponsor would be willing to sell us the tool at wholesale.

We use cleaners lounge funds and donations to purchase the tool and after were done we raffle it or auction it off?

I demoed the SS Upholstery tool at ICE and it was pretty cool. I think I might actually enjoy cleaning upholstery with this tool. It's small so not expensive to ship to each other.

What other tools would you like to demo? Any thought or ideas?

What do you guys say we do a Cleaners Lounge Loaner 9k=
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

What do you guys say we do a Cleaners Lounge Loaner Empty Re: What do you guys say we do a Cleaners Lounge Loaner

Post by milspec6 Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:45 am

Might be interesting to send out the HF upholstery tool with the shear angle as well. It would be interesting to see the comparisons first hand.

I really like my Sapphire tool, but I know that people have been proud of the other one as well. That loaner could be a real life shoot-out.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

What do you guys say we do a Cleaners Lounge Loaner Empty Re: What do you guys say we do a Cleaners Lounge Loaner

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:47 am

I'd love to try that SS Upholstery tool!!....lets dew this!  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:31 pm

The upholstery tool challenge.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Mo wrote:The upholstery tool challenge.

Yes, would def love to compare it to my DriMaster!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:45 pm

Define the program. How many Lounge members will participate?  When will reviews be given?  How long will the loaner stay in one place?  What are we looking to find in the results?  Lots of information so this can be successful and valuable. Like everything, the more we do the better we get at our target goal of testing. Should be fun to follow. 

Soiling level of performance should be one
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Dryness is a huge variable to me on upholstery tools as is comfort in my hand.

I would suggest some kind of scoring system as well as comments to see which one really wins out over-all.

Comfort / ergonomics
Dryness
One pass cleaning
Anti-clogging
Control
Quality / Durability
Price / Value
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:57 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking Ryan and Rob a rating system. Maybe guys with moisture can take readings with each tool.

But first things first we have to raise the funds to get these tools. Maybe participants will be required to donate a minimum amount in order to qualify for participation in the program and of course they would have to be a cleaners lounge member with a minimum number of posts.

Not sure id that would work since Ryan and Mil and other already own said tool
Maybe we can test the HF tool first since it's about 100.00 less.

I could add a donate button so that we can see our running balance and how much is needed to purchase the tool

The participant or entire forum would be eligible to participate in a no reserve auction for that tool after completion of testing and those funds could be used for the next tool.

Just brainstorming here and more input from other members would be appreciated.

Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Maybe raise it on a raffle platform...winner gets the tool at the end, or choice of tool as it may turn out.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:47 pm

milspec6 wrote:Maybe raise it on a raffle platform...winner gets the tool at the end, or choice of tool as it may turn out.

Thais a cool Idea, I really like it!~!!!  cheers

And maybe only let those guys who purchase a min. amount of tix to be in on the use of the floater and also for the chance to win it in the end.  confused scratch wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:01 pm

Raffles a cool idea. Some people hate the sound of donation. I'll buy 10 tickets at $10.00 a pop. There is the first $100. Lol
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:07 pm

I may be off base here, but here goes. If we all gave up one latte a month and sent that money to the Lounge instead, we could have all the money we need for this program. Right now we have 200 members and at $5 a month that's a $1,000 a month and $12,000 for the year. I know I certainly receive $5 of value and entertainment a month from here. Of course that brings up the issue of do we want to charge to be members here or not. Just some food for thought. Don't kill me.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:14 pm

Not a bad idea Eric. I talked about this to Mo, and we determined that not all would pay to be a member as well as this would slow our growth by putting restrictions. 

Although a donate button would produce some money support for the forum. Lots to think about when talking $$$.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Floorguy Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:41 pm

I just used my SS tool....its pretty nice....

for some reason i thought it was a "rolling" type water like the drimaster..seeing as it has a lock...

but it squirts out...just not as hard as other "jet" types...

then go over an dry it...was pretty dry really
Floorguy
Floorguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.paynelessfloorcare.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:07 pm

ODIN wrote:loaner program sounds good

but

With a bunch of A D D carpet cleaners waiting for the next greatest toy I am afraid of the time it takes to get from one cleaner to another.

Life gets in the way and cleaners are going to keep it longer than the time span allowed and I mean long time. Too busy to get to UPS store today " darn got to finish those 50 rental apartments I'll get to it tomorrow and that turns into weeks. Then the hard feeling towards the guy or guys who kept the tool for weeks on end.

I think this is going to fall under the category of no good deed goes unpunished.

If a tool only went to two or three people max it might work.

Why would this become a problem now??.......it really hasn't been in the past with loaners has it??

Also, it there's an entry fee, such as the raffle tix mentioned, as a cost of entry/participation it may very well only have a few people to go to as you said?

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:27 pm

Pro Touch wrote:Right now we have 200 members and at $5 a month that's a $1,000 a month and $12,000 for the year. I know I certainly receive $5 of value and entertainment a month from here. Of course that brings up the issue of do we want to charge to be members here or not. Just some food for thought. Don't kill me.

You only get $5 a month value a month?!?!.......really, is that all you figure it's really worth??......sorry, but that surprises me and makes me have to ask?

If there are 200 members here, 80%+ of them are basically dead weight, not hardly ever posting or not at all. So you sure can't base participation on that, the reality is more like 10 members make 95% of the post here, and I'd really be surprised if all 10 of those would donate or buy raffle tix for something like this........hopefully I'm wrong?

Also, I don't think anyone said, or wants to "charge to be a member here"?....Mo, Mods????
I'm under the impression, this would totally be an individuals choice in participation with either a donation or by buying raffle tix........which would have nothing to do with being able to come here read and post messages?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:29 pm

ODIN wrote:loaner program sounds good

but

With a bunch of A D D carpet cleaners waiting for the next greatest toy I am afraid of the time it takes to get from one cleaner to another.

Life gets in the way and cleaners are going to keep it longer than the time span allowed and I mean long time. Too busy to get to UPS store today " darn got to finish those 50 rental apartments I'll get to it tomorrow and that turns into weeks. Then the hard feeling towards the guy or guys who kept the tool for weeks on end.

I think this is going to fall under the category of no good deed goes unpunished.

If a tool only went to two or three people max it might work.

Why would this become a problem now??.......it really hasn't been in the past with loaners has it??

Also, if there's an entry fee, such as the donation or raffle tix mentioned, as a cost of entry/participation it may very well only have a few people to go to as you said?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:46 am

All valid questions and comments. I think we need to get this loaner off the ground soon before we over-think it. So, how about a roll call, who are interested in trying out these tools and who likes the raffle idea?

For me, I already use the Sapphire, but would be interested in trying the other contenders as well to make sure I am using the best tool for my needs. I would be willing to purchase raffle tickets to accomplish this AND I will auction off one of the tools if I ended up winning the draw.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:57 am

I'd be IN for all you mentioned, Robert!......raffle, trying loaners.  cheers 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:08 am

milspec6 wrote:Might be interesting to send out the HF upholstery tool with the shear angle as well.  It would be interesting to see the comparisons first hand.  

If I'm not mistaken, HF just introduced the v3 of their uphol tool, so definitely worth adding to the list, esp if it is a new model!? wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:24 am

I already have a couple ss upholstery tools, but I'm down with the raffles tickets and other loaners.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:30 am

Davey Cracker wrote:
Pro Touch wrote:Right now we have 200 members and at $5 a month that's a $1,000 a month and $12,000 for the year. I know I certainly receive $5 of value and entertainment a month from here. Of course that brings up the issue of do we want to charge to be members here or not. Just some food for thought. Don't kill me.

You only get $5 a month value a month?!?!.......really, is that all you figure it's really worth??......sorry, but that surprises me and makes me have to ask?

If there are 200 members here, 80%+ of them are basically dead weight, not hardly ever posting or not at all.  So you sure can't base participation on that, the reality is more like 10 members make 95% of the post here, and I'd really be surprised if all 10 of those would donate or buy raffle tix for something like this........hopefully I'm wrong?

Also, I don't think anyone said, or wants to "charge to be a member here"?....Mo, Mods????
I'm under the impression, this would totally be an individuals choice in participation with either a donation or by buying raffle tix........which would have nothing to do with being able to come here read and post messages?

I definitely get more than $5 a month in value here. A lot of what I have learned here is invaluable. I was just trying to make the point that for as little as $5 a month we could generate some serious cash.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:38 am

Hey Mo, give us a break down of total members that post. Can you make a graph like you have top right with total members who post 200 plus, 100 plus, 50 plus, 20 plus and under 20 post.

It's ok with me if people want to just read. Maybe one day they will learn enough to where they feel like they could part some helpful information.

Wouldn't we rather have 35 members who post actively than 875 who only have one active poster?

Money is not a huge deal at this point either. Remember we are developing OUR model, not the same one that has been reproduced several time over. I would suggest we all read the better than banners thread in the wanders forum. Just disregard where Joe and mo had a snow ball fight. It makes since and we all should work toward developing OUR forum.

I'm in on raffle and would try the HF tool.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:58 am

No can't do that Ryan those are widgets that only show the top 10 in total topic and posts. But you can see the total posts in the members list and sort it by total posts.

I think it might be a good idea to auction off the tool to everyone so that we can use those funds to buy the nest tool.

What would be a good minimum amount to donate to the fund?

I would be in favor of any idea to help bring new members and contributors to the forum.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next