Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

New moves for business 2019

3 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

New moves for business 2019 Empty New moves for business 2019

Post by Freemind1 Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:56 pm

Taking steps and making moves for 2019 in my business.

I am in the process of writing a business plan for my business this year. It's a first for me. Only reason I am writing one, is because a business mentor from SCORE told me I need one. I always knew before that making one makes sense and is a way to hold your feet to the fire about goals, but I was just being lazy and got along without one for several years.

As I said, I am seeking help from SCORE. I think a mentor will be helpful to me. I signed on for help in commercial marketing. This one is a tough one for me. My business is dominated by residential, and I want a 50/50 split of resi and commercial. I may seek help in other areas too, but we'll see how it goes for me.

Secondly, I am seeking help from another local organization (NIIC) that helps small to large businesses. I need help in general, since I've never had any college education, about doing things more proper in a business.

Third, I am setting growth goals, not just for this year, but out to the next 4+ years. In that growth, it will include employees a few years down the road. More immediately, by the end of next season, it will be a plan to have a box van.

I have added a program called Markate to my business to try for this year. It's a mobile app/program similar to house call pro/monster/etc. It's pricing structure is extremely reasonable. I have high hopes for this, that it does lots of things (like reminders of appointment, invoicing, and book keeping), but also automates things so I don't have to remember or fill up my Google calendar to remind me.

Next, I need to find some kind of program to do my self employment with. QuickBooks has a monthly one called Q.B's self employed, but that's 15-20 a month. I won't hire and accountant to do this, because they are SUPER expensive here to hire them to do your accounting/payroll. You guys that are self employed, how are you taking care of your payroll to yourselves?

I'm trying to take things more serious this year, since I am leaving employment to be self employed. I have an 8 month season, and I have set the minimum goal at 80K gross sales. Broken down, that's only a $500 average a day, 5 days a week. I've set my starting salary for about half that. No more flying by the seat of my pants....

How about you guys? Any plans for this upcoming season?

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

New moves for business 2019 Empty Re: New moves for business 2019

Post by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:38 am

Dont know what the hell happened but my online presence has dropped in 2018. At first my Google maps completely disappeared and have no idea why. I relisted it and have not been able to break the top 7 and that's after being number 1 for years. My organic listing has dropped off as well and just struggling to stay in the top 10.

Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:02 pm

Probably Google has "redone" algorithms again. If you do social media, it helps your ranking if you connect it with your website. Adwords will also boost ranking.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Freemind1 wrote:Probably Google has "redone" algorithms again. If you do social media, it helps your ranking if you connect it with your website. Adwords will also boost ranking.

Freemind,   what features does the CRM software have that you mentioned?  for what its worth House Call Pro has boosted us a whopping 40%+  in our gross sales.  

I highly recommend it.     Our repeats and our review rates are way way up.      We got a link generated by google (contact them and they will get you one)  that links directly to a selection for the customer to click 1-5 stars and leave review.    Its 1 click for them and then submit.      We have this link included in our automated thank you email.

Gl in 2019,   Im super excited for this year we have a lot of things in the works
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:10 pm

ACpower1 wrote:
Freemind1 wrote:Probably Google has "redone" algorithms again. If you do social media, it helps your ranking if you connect it with your website. Adwords will also boost ranking.

Freemind,   what features does the CRM software have that you mentioned?  for what its worth House Call Pro has boosted us a whopping 40%+  in our gross sales.  

I highly recommend it.     Our repeats and our review rates are way way up.      We got a link generated by google (contact them and they will get you one)  that links directly to a selection for the customer to click 1-5 stars and leave review.    Its 1 click for them and then submit.      We have this link included in our automated thank you email.

Gl in 2019,   Im super excited for this year we have a lot of things in the works
AC,
Markate is a CRM and an accounting software in the cloud. You can do your typical invoicing/expensing, and use it for a CRM. You can add the booking option to your website, do email and SMS blasts, postcards for whatever occasion you want, send reminders for appointments, reminders for payment, etc.

Their website is www.markate.com , check them out. Cost is only about 200 a year for basic, and 5 bucks a month for options, and about a buck a post card.
One thing I will really appreciate is you can do an onsite estimate and send it to them through e-mail instantly. You can also set your estimates so they have to approve it electronically, which can save you time contacting them to see if they want to proceed. I have my system set to email 48 hours after an invoice for a reminder so I don't have to remember.

Lots of things are automated, and that takes the strain off me to remember to get so many things done.

Who/where did you contact with Google to get the link for reviews? Markate will do that too, for 5 bucks a month. You can have them get reviews from Google, FaceBook, or whoever you want. Markate will even get reviews for their site so you can 100% control the reviews.

I tried the google review link for google my business, and it doesn't work. I think it's changed because a window is the only thing that pops up, not a URL for your GMB reviews.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:47 am

you have to contact google and they will generate the direct link for you, it doesnt work just copy pasting
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

havent been on here in a while, are the usual guys still posting here?
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down