Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

T&G Commercial Restroom Challenge, WWYD?

4 posters

Go down

T&G Commercial Restroom Challenge, WWYD? Empty T&G Commercial Restroom Challenge, WWYD?

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Yesterday I went and looked at this restroom for a contractor I do hard surface cleaning and restoration work for........

They want to have the T&G floor and walls cleaned so it's not so disgusting looking, but their not looking for perfection because it's a restroom that's going to be used by the laborers working in a manufacturing plant. Luckily the walls have very dark grout and aren't very bad, the floor much worse shape, especially around the urinals as you can see.  The floor also has pretty dark grout, so it's mostly going to be a lot of calcium deposit removal, and urine staining to deal with.

The other issue is the buildings former business was a large scale printing operation, so some ink tracked on floor as well. AS of today, all the partitions have been removed, so I won't have to try to work in and around those, which helps.

It's 305 s.f. of walls, and 170 s.f. of floor.

I'll be giving them my Bid on Monday, so will see what happens.

Have a Look LOL.................
The last pic, I did a lil hand testing with 2790, and was pleased with the results but not the smell!!  affraid 

T&G Commercial Restroom Challenge, WWYD? Photo154

T&G Commercial Restroom Challenge, WWYD? Photo155

T&G Commercial Restroom Challenge, WWYD? Photo156

T&G Commercial Restroom Challenge, WWYD? Photo158
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

T&G Commercial Restroom Challenge, WWYD? Empty Re: T&G Commercial Restroom Challenge, WWYD?

Post by milspec6 Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:24 pm

I really like those kind of jobs since he already has set the bar low on expectations so you will blow them away after cleaning. Makes you look like a miracle worker!

I wonder if any of that tile is going to be pitted from all the neglect at this point....should still clean up well.....good luck. cheers 
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

T&G Commercial Restroom Challenge, WWYD? Empty Re: T&G Commercial Restroom Challenge, WWYD?

Post by ACpower1 Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:38 pm

gross, I would charge extra but damn that test spot is clean!! I thought u needed super acidic for the urine on tile.

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:47 pm

ACpower1 wrote:gross,   I would charge extra      but damn that test spot is clean!!   I thought u needed super acidic for the urine on tile.

Actually, I forgot to mention........................

I did fallow 2790 hi alk cleaning with a real low ph acid cleaning in that test area to get the result in pic.......mainly to remove calcium and urine staining from grout, the tile came as clean as you see pictured with just 2790.  cheers 

That's one of the main reasons for testing, so I (you) know if I'm dealing with, wither just cleaning or what I call "restoration cleaning", where a multi step process is need using acid. And it appears from my testing, "restoration cleaning" will only likely be needed in the areas in front of urinals.

"Charge extra" you say, you mean like $2-3 a s.f. right?.....that's what I'm thinking.  wink 

Rob, amazing enough, the ceramic tile itself seems to be in pretty good cond.

And yes, you're right, they're not expecting it to look new, but are expecting it to look good and sanitary, like the other jobs I've done for them in the past....the grout being fairly dark is going to mostly work in my favor on this one, except in the areas where the calcium is.

I like these type of challenging jobs too, because it test me, and pushes me to keep learning.  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:34 pm

dont waste your 2790 on that! Just get greaselightining or purp power, followed by peroxide and SOO if you want..
I would pre spray, ( max sure you have your anti slip ninja skills in place ) then hand tile spinner the top foot of the wall tile, then bust out a pressure washer gun for the rest of the wall and most of the floor... then do some acid or SO/peroxide final floor spinner action. It seriously is a fast easy job.

Tile often looks intimidating at first but the second you bring out the big guns it flys. Should take you MAX two hours. I do a gas station every couple of monthes including the bathroom and 9 isle's in an hour and 115 minutes and that was when I was running from a porty for suck that I had to clean around/deal with.

Get some bar keepers friend for the metal if you want, or to boost your second step with it.  T&G Commercial Restroom Challenge, WWYD? Tumblr_mgaq01dv8w1rpvtrdo1_500
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:24 pm

Well, apparently we do things different, because It won't be a 2 hr job for me, not doing the restoration quality work I do, and being paid to do so, regardless if it could actually be done in 2 hours *properly*, which I seriously doubt, unless a crew of many were doing it!  wink 

I'll be doing it tomorrow, and what sucks LOL is I got the entire job quoted, even though I didn't want it and tried to price it so the customer would look elsewhere on the "cleaning the fixtures" portion of the job......my preference was to do just the T&G cleaning on the walls and floor, including sealing floor grout.

Even though I've done general cleaning in the past, move out type toilet and sink cleaning I now try to avoid it..like the Plague!  laughing 
So when asked if I'd also include a quote for the fixtures (2 toilets, 2 urinals, and 1 4' long double faucet sink), I said yes I would, but told them "my price on that will be much higher than it would cost you to hire a person that specializes in that type of general cleaning", I was told, "that's OK, please give us a quote on that anyways".  

so I did, and purposely priced it real high hoping they wouldn't want me do it. For example, I priced the fixture cleaning, I'd guess more than most would charge to do all the floor and wall T&G cleaning, which is 4 times the amount as the fixtures......I know, Good prob to have, work and money...........Guess I'm just saying I'm not a fan of cleaning toilets and urinals even if paid well.  wink       
Guess I have to look at the bright side, sure beats the hell out of no work, or working cheap tho. Smile
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:38 pm

Didn't realize u were going to seal it ( even though that wouldn't take too long either as 8 would micro mop it on and off ) and clean the metal and toilets.. take your time and I'm guessing it will still go faster than u think.. Also some union guys would rather be the janitor than be the boss and get paid the same.. All I'm saying is there are be if it's to this job and don't for one second feel bad about scrubbing toilets! Heck I probably made over 5k last year in scrubbing bathrooms!
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down