Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

No winter folks

+6
MikeW
georgegregor
ODIN
Mo
Cannon100
milspec6
10 posters

Go down

No winter folks Empty No winter folks

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:57 pm

For those who don't have to deal with harsh winters, I've always been curious about two things:

1. Is there an "off-season" in your area or does it pretty much run even year round?

2. If there is no "off-season" do you find yourself burned out or suffer more injuries?

The reason for the second question is because when I was stationed out in San Diego, I was able to train hard year round with the nice weather. I expected to be able to get into the best physical shape of my life as a result and lower my racing times. What ended up happening was the opposite. Since there was no real "off-season" from running, I ended up getting burned out and sufferring many over-use injuries, which is one of the reasons I moved back to the midwest.

So, if you clean in the nice weather year round, have you encountered more injuries or burn-out? I was thinking strongly about moving before the winter season arrives, but I am not certain that it would be a plus in my case.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

No winter folks Empty Re: No winter folks

Post by Cannon100 Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:07 pm

Pretty much year round out hear in Cali, I'm still pretty young and in pretty good shape so no injuries knock on wood, burnt out not really, not yet anyhow I have learned from RC hear on the board to pace your self don't over do it, plus I really love doing this, I no most of us do but I have been told that I am obsessed, with that being said I do get burnt out on driving I do wish all my work was in my city.

Cannon100

http://www.cannoncarpetcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Yes there is an off season in my area and I still get fatigued after the busy season,

I would imagine if you are planning on making a move the slow season in your area might be a good time to do it.

If you're moving because you love year around good weather like in San Diego? I say do it. Life is too short.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by georgegregor Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:43 pm

My domestic work slows right down between May and September which suits just fine. The commercial work keeps me ticking over and enough to pay the bills. Commercial work is a lot easier to re organize if I want to have a break. And if I want a summer holiday we just catch a plane and head to the northern hemisphere.
Cheers
George

georgegregor

http://www.condorcleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeW Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:59 pm

Steady year round here in Florida. Some of my busiest months are October through December. I think your body just gets used to it.
MikeW
MikeW
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.PaylessSteamCleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Slow a bit here in NC. Starts around September and runs through march. With a few peak weeks here and there. Our best month has always been October. I guess it a early thanksgiving rush.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeW Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:12 pm

October is my busiest month also
MikeW
MikeW
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.PaylessSteamCleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Soukoreff Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:53 pm

All year around and here in Canada I clean in extreme cold and with lots of snow! One of the reasons I use a Butler, fits in my toasty warm garage and I have the whole sealed up tight when I work in the cold. I prefer to work all year round and take a day off every week just for me and my wife. I don't work evenings or weekends and take all major holidays. I close up for two weeks during Christmas, Spring Break and at least a couple of weeks into the summer. This schedule is easy on the body and the steady income (no feast or famine) is easy on the mind.

Bill Soukoreff

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:00 pm

I'm with Brandon, all year round here in sunny southern cali, busiest months : Augusts, Novembers and Decembers, this year the August was switched to September as you may read one of my thread about "super busy September", that's also the reason why I haven't get that video going, I will do it next month though, before busy holiday seasons.
Burning out, yes definitely, especially with LA traffics, hufffftttt, very frustrating when it takes you an hour to drive 6 freaking miles, good thing I don't go to LA that much, and if I go, I usually schedule them in the middle of the day where traffic is the lightest, as long as there's no accident :-)
Burning out with the jobs, not really, I enjoy what I do, I burnt out with difficult customers or too demanding customers since it's hard for me to say "no", but I'm learning to say no and I will keep learning.
By the way if anyone does leather cleaning and service LA county area, please let me know if you're interested in more business, I have at least 2 leather cleaning requests per month that I turned down, I know it's not that hard to do, I just don't have the time or resources or interest to do them at this time.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:20 pm

dp1 wrote:
By the way if anyone does leather cleaning and service LA county area, please let me know if you're interested in more business, I have at least 2 leather cleaning requests per month that I turned down, I know it's not that hard to do, I just don't have the time or resources or interest to do them at this time.
Heck Ya, DP

I clean leather so send them my way. Very Happy

I'll PM you my contact info..........
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:25 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:
dp1 wrote:
Heck Ya, DP

I clean leather so send them my way. Very Happy

I'll PM you my contact info..........
Sounds good :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down