Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

How do you give estimates?

+8
dp1
ODIN
Matt; My carpet cleaner
ACpower1
Davey Cracker
milspec6
Pro Touch
Ryan S
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How do you perform estimates

How do you give estimates? Vote_lcap18%How do you give estimates? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
How do you give estimates? Vote_lcap73%How do you give estimates? Vote_rcap 73% 
[ 16 ]
How do you give estimates? Vote_lcap9%How do you give estimates? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

How do you give estimates? Empty How do you give estimates?

Post by Ryan S Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:41 pm

I'm sure the majority do phone estimates. I was just curious of how many did others. Also just may find some good questions are answers come out of this poll.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

How do you give estimates? Empty Re: How do you give estimates?

Post by Pro Touch Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:00 pm

I do area pricing and I like to give an estimate on the phone and a firm price in person. If a customer wants an accurate price or is uncomfortable with an estimate because of past experiences I'll go out and give the customer an accurate price. I've found most customers are okay with an estimate and a final price upon arrival.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:05 pm

Rough estimates on phone, confirmed estimate at the site.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:07 pm

I can't imagine a plumber giving me an accurate price over the phone to re-pipe my house, an A/C guy for repairing my A/C, or an auto mechanic pricing a repair based on what I'm telling him is wrong with my car over the phone. LOL

So I don't expect customers to expect the same from me.   

I can't accurately quote what I can't see, is the way I see it. wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:42 pm

I give price on the phone because most of our jobs are under 1000.00.    Imo just not worth it to drive all over town giving estimates for jobs under 1k.      

We do 2-4/day depending on size...   thats a lot of estimates,   and traffic in Seattle is HORRIBLE lol  

thats 10-20 estimates per week,   possibly 60+ in a month!  

I would have no free time.    

Plus our coverage area is pretty big so this would be impossible.    

Main important thing is you make sure the customer is clear that the per room price over the phone is for a

"high quality cleaning that easily removes soiling,  anything grease, oil,  or food based...   but does not include removal of tough red stains or pet stains as that requires extra work and sometimes special equipment...   if vacuuming has not been done in a long time we ask that you give it at least a once over and then we will vacuum at the time of the job."

The only jobs we go an estimate are urine jobs when the customer asks us to come out and give a price because they know its a big job and are expecting to pay a lot to have the problem fixed.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:52 pm

Over the phone I'll ask;
How much do you have? I'll take that much.
OR..
That will run between $150-200. Then I go with the 200 when I get there. Their thinking "150", I'm thinking " 200". I did tell them 200 was an option.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:54 pm

My carpet cleaner wrote:Over the phone I'll ask;
How much do you have? I'll take that much.
OR..
That will run between $150-200. Then I go with the 200 when I get there. Their thinking "150", I'm thinking " 200". I did tell them 200 was an option.
NOT!
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:22 pm

ACpower1 wrote:I give price on the phone because most of our jobs are under 1000.00.    Imo just not worth it to drive all over town giving estimates for jobs under 1k.      

'What if', going out to give quotes rather than over the phone tripled the amount of 1k jobs you do, and Doubled your job average?
Would you "drive all over town" then?......for me it's not about really driving all over town because I sched quotes for when I'm out working in that area, if possible...Things/city's do not get more spread out than around here, so I know how that is.

I'm curious, if not too personal, what was your job average for last month, June?

I'm going to add up my totals, and figure out my job ave. is a few min........when I'm done I'll post that info here.  wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:42 pm

I know you're not calling full of shoot, are you Mr. Zip King?!?

Hey, I'm just here trying to help the old set in their ways Dogs, and you happen to fit that crusty profile.

Do what the F you want, but don't come calling me a liar because you Can NOT sell!!  wink

BTW why don't you tell us all, why it is you need to passive aggressively attack me here?............I'm tired of your BS and not going to ignore it anymore. So why don't you just ignore me rather than lash out and act like a douche!  wink 

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:54 pm

You don't have the balls to come out and say anything, so you have to post $hit like you did above.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Whoa there Cracker. Not sure what your reading into Terrys post, cuz what he said is almost exactly what I transformed from and changed into simplicity.
Would you rip a new one to a customer that complained or criticized your work? So why do it on here to a compadre on the wand?

Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:24 pm

My carpet cleaner wrote:Whoa there Cracker. Not sure what your reading into Terrys post, cuz what he said is almost exactly what I transformed from and changed into simplicity.
Would you rip a new one to a customer that complained or criticized your work? So why do it on here to a compadre on the wand?

This has been an on going deal with mr. Odin, him passive aggressively attacking me for months now, and I'm just fed up with it, and tired of ignoring it and keeping my mouth shut.

If you need proof let me know, there's plunty of his BS post on here I can point to.....he plays it off as mr innocent and I'm saying F him now.  wink

Last edited by Davey Cracker on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:27 pm

ODIN wrote:posted exactly how I do estimates changed my business model long before I even heard of you. Nothing in my post was about you anyway.

Then why don't you tell us who you're referring to in your post, Mr. Innocent?  laughing 

Ur so full of $hit, step up and be a man!!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:33 pm

You know /I don't even care at this point if stating my point gets me kicked off this forum really, at least I have the balls to stand up to some talkin out of side of mouth coward.  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:49 pm

I know I'm not in the middle of this convo , but Dave; with your track record of profanity, criticizim, bad mouthing others...just what value do you bring here? Lift up or tear down?
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:03 pm

My carpet cleaner wrote:I know I'm not in the middle of this convo , but Dave; with your track record of profanity, criticizim, bad mouthing others...just what value do you bring here? Lift up or tear down?  

Sheeeeit, he's done it to you also!!............

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com/t1170-jerry-rigged-it?highlight=jerry+riggede

"with your track record of profanity, criticizim, bad mouthing others"

Who besides, Oden??

Maybe I'm not innocent either lmao...........typical Oden line.

I bring a lot more value then mr Oden here, being this is a cleaning forum and not political forum......but if seen as I bring "No Value" here then I'm out!  wink 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Ok, hold up here, listen alpha males, lol, we are all males here and we don't do drama right ? I'm trying not to be bias here, Terry has a way to p!ss people off, Davey is just being cracker, lol, both are annoying at times, I've requested in a thread a while back to respect each other and I was being attacked for that request, if we respect each other, this wouldn't have happened.
We all have different methods of cleaning and pricing and means of giving estimates as this thread is all about, if we all can respect each other's method, this wouldn't have happened.
And to be honest, with all due respect, I'm not a fond of political threads either, but I don't care and I don't read them, I'm here to learn more techniques and tricks about cleaning and cleaning accessories, solutions, hacks, etc, lol. Oh I'm also here to help others as much as I could.
So both of you CUT IT OUT ! Razz

I also give estimates over the phone, it's called "estimates" it's not going to be exact nor I'm bound by it ( explained this to customers over the phone ) if conditions or size is under estimated or lied to, the price is going to change ( again, this is explained over the phone ).
Is that a perfect system ? Of course not, people lied but we always refer to MY conversation to them and if they still lied then that's the time to walk away because that smelled trouble.
Is in home estimates a perfect system ? Nope, because it'll add the fuel costs by a lot at the end of the month not to mention the time that it takes to go there twice, but whatever floats your boat is all I can say.
Happy 4th of July everyone, let's burn those fireworks  dancing 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:31 am

lol wow this thread went bad.

doesnt matter how much you charge or how you estimate or how many jobs you do

in the end its how much you put into your bank account after expenses whether you do it with 20 vans or 2 vans, or driving around doing estimates.

and how happy your customers are... I prefer to keep it simple.

dont want more than 2-3 vans in the end out working as I have other business interests... and I dont want to be an o/o that charges 1000.00 for impeccable work because ill never be able to step back and enjoy free time.

theres a good middle ground but what ever is working is working so roll with it Smile
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:30 am

The thread is not out of control. Cracker is right. I've been and still am on the firing block with what is is referring to. Doesn't matter. I did as Cracker did. Now, I just let it roll.

Speak freely Dave! Your contributions happen to be a major roll being your the fourth top poster.

This is going to happen from time to time. All that matters and when I will step in is when it drags out. So say your peace and move on.

Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:14 am

They say that in a group, you should not discuss politics, religion, or wives. Maybe we should include business models to that list?

We all have different goals and methods, so each business method will be unique and often vastly different from another. That's okay, because we all can learn from each other despite those differences (takes an abrasive rock to sharpen a knife).

They say that half of all businesses fail in the first year and half of the survivors fail in the second year. You guys are a special breed which millions wish they could emulate your success, so let's not make our differences personal.

Enjoy the holiday weekend realizing that there will be many that have to work their soul-stealing jobs. You are what the Gounders of this country had in mind all along, so celebrate well...it is your holiday!!
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:01 am

"They say that in a group, you should not discuss politics, religion, or wives. Maybe we should include business models to that list?"

Who ever said that should be slapped. Makes for a word full of fake smiles and phonies. Is that what you want Milspec? A bunch of fake Mr Rogers, kindergarten teacher type people walking around all telling each other how wonderful they are?

I say let the real thoughts be expressed, and if found unworthy, then let them be demolished in the heat of debate.

As for hot headed Cracker, a 5 minute phone call with terry and you'll see he is a harmless lovable fuzz ball.

He proly didn't appreciate you talking smack about his Viking shirt is all.  Rolling Eyes  lol

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:32 am

Nothing fake or phony about Courtesy....just the way I was raised.  Debate is productive and educational, but once it turns personal, nothing will be gained as neither side is going to be willing to listen.  Once that happens, the other members are left taking sides and things fall apart from there.

Being successful in business is an inspirational thing, never forget how unique you guys are.  Just remember that each person has a different view of success and different methods to get there...all are equally valid.

It is your board gang, you can spend it arguing, but we will not accomplish much.  Courtesy would have kept Davey from feeling offended in the first place, wouldn't that have been better?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next