Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Everything went wrong today...best day in months

+2
sam miller
milspec6
6 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Everything went wrong today...best day in months Empty Everything went wrong today...best day in months

Post by milspec6 Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Today started out to be a terrible day.

I had a copper service line in my basement rupture behind a shower stall at about 3 am. The best part was there was no shut off valve in line with that pipe and I had to shut off the main and start my own flood job.

At 8 am, I received a call from my Sister that her 2 kids were sick and throwing up all over the house. She wanted the new carpet cleaned before it could stain, so I loaded up the van and took off for her house about 90 minutes away. I drove by a bad crash where a semi rolled and caught fire, not sure if anyone died. The burning smell was very strong and it filled my van with a acrid smell.

For the rest of the drive, I couldn't get rid of that burning smell. Then I realized that the smell was actually my van when I saw smoke coming out of my rear tire.....my brake was locked up, the parking brake didn't release all the way. It was funny, the van was heavily loaded so I didn't figure the engine strain was anything unusual and it didn't give me any other symptoms (no warning lights, pedal felt good, no pulling, etc.) Still, the wheel was too hot to touch.

I managed to back off the adjuster enough to release the brake shoe and decided to continue onward. By the time I reached the house, you could have cooked a steak on that wheel...yup, the brake shoe was locked up again. A few strong curse words and I went to work realizing that I will be rebuilding some brakes this weekend. Evil or Very Mad 

I got the whole house cleaned up and deodorized, but not before I strained a muscle around my neck and it left me unable to move my head without pain (my neck is held together with 3 metal plates and 24 screws from a double fracture years ago).

I was not in a good mood and knew that I still had to limp the van home and fix the plumbing in my house tonight. It was turning into a horrible day in all ways. Then I checked up on my niece (she is the one pictured on my door hangers) who was still not feeling well. I stayed with her and played a game that had rules she just made up as we went along...goofy kid, but a terrific one.

By the time I was about to leave the house, it was already dark. I had to go upstairs and get my cellphone that I left in the hallway and walked by my 3 year old niece's room as she was going to bed. I heard her pray for her parents AND her "Uncle Robbie".

Best day in months! Very Happy 
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Everything went wrong today...best day in months Empty Re: Everything went wrong today...best day in months

Post by sam miller Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Thats one sweet prayer, Don't do to much get your rest and maybe let someone else fix the breaks. I hope your business is doing good enough to not kill yourself.

We all think were super hero's. hope you heal fast!

sam miller

http://www.sammillerscarpetcare.net

Back to top Go down

Everything went wrong today...best day in months Empty Re: Everything went wrong today...best day in months

Post by milspec6 Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Thanks for the wishes Sam, but I have already been clinically dead 6 times, so I have been practicing. wink 

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by sam miller Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Ouch. Your not a zombie are you????? Shocked Shocked Shocked 

sam miller

http://www.sammillerscarpetcare.net

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:15 pm

I am pretty close, I think.

I never get hungry and only sleep for 3-4 hours per night. I am always amazed at how little I need for food despite being very active...the body is a strange machine.

I wonder if I can get a special insurance rate if I was declared a zombie? I will have to read the fine print of the Obama plan, laughing 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Andy Mc Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:34 pm

That is a good story Rob. Warmed up my cold heart by at least 10 degree's.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:14 am

You are one tough son of a gun. Pat yourself on the back you deserve it. I thought I was having a bad day, no hot water for 3 days water heater on the blink, the new kitchen faucet leaked all over the floor. Puts things in perspective for me, god bless you and your niece.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:57 pm

Cool day, amazing what a little prayer from the purest hearts can do.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down