Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Fishing stories...

+2
Davey Cracker
Joe Bristor
6 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Fishing stories... Empty Re: Fishing stories...

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:44 pm

I'm not much of a fisherman, but I still do remember my G'pa teaching me to fish in Arkansas when I was just a young boy.....Standing in a stream almost waste deep, him teaching me to cast.....good times.

Oh, and my Dad took me out on a full day boat in the Pac. Ocean when I was young, and I caught or 'snagged' a Starfish.  laughing 

I'm more of a motorsports kinda guy.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:13 pm

I'll throw a story or two in here.

My first fishing excursion happened while stationed in N. Carolina when a neighbor offered to take me on a deep sea fishing trip.  At this point, I had only fished for some rainbow trout and catfish as a child, so I jumped at the chance to go for the "big fish".

I was told that everything would be provided (food, bait, beer, rod/reel, etc.) and all I had to do was chip in for gas at $50.  I was ready.

Well, the bait was there and so was the equipment, but the only food was those Old Home glazed tractor tire doughnuts and Old Milwaukee.  It was not a great combination as I bounced around in the back of a '69 Chevy truck 60 degrees in the dark.

Once we arrived at the dock, I saw a bunch of really nice Boston Whalers and teams of fishermen heading out for the day's event.  Unfortunately, we weren't one of them.  No, we boarded a crappy little 12 foot open bow fishing dump that was taking on water so bad that the bilge pump never shut off.

I was still excited about hooking into some really cool ocean fish like I saw on television, so I boarded and off we went 10 miles into the shipping lanes!!!  Large tankers were gliding by us as we wormed our way out to open waters.  The owner told me to keep an eye out for the Coast Guard as the craft wasn't exactly supposed to be this far out and it lacked a few "safety items".

We finally located a good spot and they started to look for schools to exploit, but my enthusiasm was now gone.  I don't know if it was the huge swells or the tractor tires and old swill, but I was very sick and started puking violently.

One of those lessons in life that you learn is that glazed doughnuts don't come up very well in vomit....they kind of turn into syrup and, well, you get the picture.

After the first 2 hours of puking, they told me that it would only be another 6 hours until we start heading back to shore, so I might want to try another beer to "settle my stomach".  I offered to buy the boat if we would just head back, but they didn't accept.

At the end of the day, I paid an idiot $50 to spend 8 hours in a state of violent puking aboard the USS Minnow in illegal waters and the only fish that I caught was a very ugly Sea Bass that jumped into the boat and hit me in the head as I laid nearly passed out from dehydration.Sad 

Some day I might tell you about my second attempt in California.  No puking, but 4 stitches from a barracuda which I had to destroy with the boat's fire extinguisher to avoid bleeding to death...... Shocked Mad
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:24 pm

milspec6 wrote:I'll throw a story or two in here.

My first fishing excursion happened while stationed in N. Carolina when a neighbor offered to take me on a deep sea fishing trip.  At this point, I had only fished for some rainbow trout and catfish as a child, so I jumped at the chance to go for the "big fish".

I was told that everything would be provided (food, bait, beer, rod/reel, etc.) and all I had to do was chip in for gas at $50.  I was ready.

Well, the bait was there and so was the equipment, but the only food was those Old Home glazed tractor tire doughnuts and Old Milwaukee.  It was not a great combination as I bounced around in the back of a '69 Chevy truck 60 degrees in the dark.

Once we arrived at the dock, I saw a bunch of really nice Boston Whalers and teams of fishermen heading out for the day's event.  Unfortunately, we weren't one of them.  No, we boarded a crappy little 12 foot open bow fishing dump that was taking on water so bad that the bilge pump never shut off.

I was still excited about hooking into some really cool ocean fish like I saw on television, so I boarded and off we went 10 miles into the shipping lanes!!!  Large tankers were gliding by us as we wormed our way out to open waters.  The owner told me to keep an eye out for the Coast Guard as the craft wasn't exactly supposed to be this far out and it lacked a few "safety items".

We finally located a good spot and they started to look for schools to exploit, but my enthusiasm was now gone.  I don't know if it was the huge swells or the tractor tires and old swill, but I was very sick and started puking violently.

One of those lessons in life that you learn is that glazed doughnuts don't come up very well in vomit....they kind of turn into syrup and, well, you get the picture.

After the first 2 hours of puking, they told me that it would only be another 6 hours until we start heading back to shore, so I might want to try another beer to "settle my stomach".  I offered to buy the boat if we would just head back, but they didn't accept.

At the end of the day, I paid an idiot $50 to spend 8 hours in a state of violent puking aboard the USS Minnow in illegal waters and the only fish that I caught was a very ugly Sea Bass that jumped into the boat and hit me in the head as I laid nearly passed out from dehydration.Sad 

Some day I might tell you about my second attempt in California.  No puking, but 4 stitches from a barracuda which I had to destroy with the boat's fire extinguisher to avoid bleeding to death...... Shocked Mad

How old are you Rob ? You just have a boat load of stories and jaw dropping life experiences, I think if anyone was to hang out with you every day for a few years, he wouldn't be able to hear the end of it yet  Very Happy 
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:26 pm

If you take my age in dog years, I'm a tree. tongue 

Actually, I just sound old, but my body is catching up with my stories.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Mo Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:52 pm

That was one funny story Rob I cracked up a couple of times. You ever het the "Stand Bug" or are you done?

My fishing story was at the Sea of Cortez in small fishing town called San Felipe. We found a school of Corvina, we couldn't pull them out of the water fast enough as soon as we put the line in the water the took the hook. We put two hooks on the line and were pulling two fish at a time. We fileted an ice chest full of fish and gave the majority away. It was awesome

Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:04 pm

The bug hits me at times, normally end up in performance mode with grocery checkers for some reason. Anything can happen. :geek: 

I really wish I would have a fishing day like that Mo, that sounds awesome!
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down