Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

What do you dislike most about carpet cleaning?

+7
dp1
milspec6
ACpower1
SCCC
Davey Cracker
Steamway Pro
Mo
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you dislike most about carpet cleaning? Empty What do you dislike most about carpet cleaning?

Post by Mo Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:20 pm

For me it's winding and unwinding hoses. its a pain in the arse. Are electric reel really worth it?

There was a guy on you tube that saw one of my videos and made a comment that he uses a hide a hose. I've seen small sections of hide a hose for upholstery cleaning but 25 - 50ft section of hide a hose for carpet cleaning? Wouldn't that kill CFM? Or make the hose hard to manage?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

What do you dislike most about carpet cleaning? Empty Re: What do you dislike most about carpet cleaning?

Post by Steamway Pro Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:31 pm

WINTER...!!!!!!!!!! I'm already starting to worry about winter. Been a cool summer. Only had a few days in the 90's. It's going to be another very cold winter with a lot of snow.

Steamway Pro

Back to top Go down

What do you dislike most about carpet cleaning? Empty Re: What do you dislike most about carpet cleaning?

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:44 pm

I think besides the disadvantages you already mentioned Mo......there would also be the cooling factor of your water temp and added cost.

No reason you need an elec reel for solution hose, it's the ez one!....but maybe it's time to get an elec vac reel if it bothers you that much, or convert yours.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Mo wrote:For me it's winding and unwinding hoses. its a pain in the arse. Are electric reel really worth it?

There was a guy on you tube that saw one of my videos and made a comment that he uses a hide a hose. I've seen small sections of hide a hose for upholstery cleaning but 25 - 50ft section of hide a hose for carpet cleaning? Wouldn't that kill CFM? Or make the hose hard to manage?
I'm sure it would affect some but what would really affect is all the crap that would get caught on the little hose can't you see the hair ball stuck in there....eewww
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Steamway Pro wrote:WINTER...!!!!!!!!!! I'm already starting to worry about winter.  Been a cool summer. Only had a few days in the 90's.  It's going to be another very cold winter with a lot of snow.  

Forgot about that one steamway. Doesn't get as cold as jersey but I remember cleaning in 16 degrees and hit my finger on something ouch
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:57 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:I think besides the disadvantages you already mentioned Mo......there would also be the cooling factor of your water temp and added cost.

No reason you need an elec reel for solution hose, it's the ez one!....but maybe it's time to get an elec vac reel if it bothers you that much, or convert yours.

Electric conversion? Interesting. You ever done one
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:58 pm

SCCC wrote:
I'm sure it would affect some but what would really affect is all the crap that would get caught on the little hose can't you see the hair ball stuck in there....eewww

Yeah a nasty hair ball would definitely kill CFM.

What do you dislike the most SC?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:03 pm

The fact that you see a lot of ungrateful people, and very poor conditions for kids, to live in.
That is what bothers me the most.
Have you heard of "Flowers in the Attic" I had a job like that where the mom locked the kid in room, I found him.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:05 pm

That's right. I've cleaned kids rooms for free cuz the parents couldn't or didn't want to pay to clean the kids room.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:21 pm

I didn't find I should say but I showed up to clean a town house gov assit account.
The lady forgot I was coming so when I knock she was not prepared as I entered the unit the smell of urine was VERY STRONG, as we climbed the stairs it went from strong to cattle stockyard strong you know what I mean right.
We walk down hallway to the end to a door and the lady is trying to open it, as I pass through door way I notice the door knob is on backward lock to outside ????
As we enter room from under bed comes a naked little boy 3-5 years old and hugs onto my leg and wont let go the room is so bad your eyes would BURN mine were running.
The lady says to me he wet his bed the other day !!!! there was a pile of poop in the corner of closet.
I told her carpet needed replaced she got pissed at me told me to leave.
I had 5 units in that complex that day the little boy watched me from window ALL DAY.
I reported to manager as soon as I saw here. Also to CPS !!! The manager said I just thought he liked his room.
CPS DID NOTHING....NOTHING
I asked what happened to the boy a few weeks ago and the mom got caught by undercover police office trying to sell dope on school campus to minors....SHE STILL has the boy in the window she got off for the offense for the drugs selling because she has kids ????
I don't understand I really don't that poor kid.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:26 pm

my list is

I hate going down into a basement then working my way out, hate cleaning stairs backwards and walking on them.

Hate it when the macho a$$hole husband calls for a $400 dollar carpet cleaning when his house has 20k worth of pet damage to walls and floors, you go through the whole deal with him showing him everything and you just get an aggressive response pretty much slam the door in your face type of deal. I hate those, so awkward

Have only had maybe 3 of those, and you can already tell your not the first company to break the news.... last time it was probably the wife who was home, so husband thinks hes going to punk you into doing it

Lastly, I hate the lawyer type where you feel like you need to document the entire job with pictures like a crime scene and get signatures on every stain or they will come after you.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:45 pm

Winter...everything about it. Sitting up all night in a storm just in case the power goes out leaving your van susceptible to freezing.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:13 pm

ACpower1 wrote:my list is

I hate going down into a basement then working my way out,   hate cleaning stairs backwards and walking on them.  

Hate it when the macho a$$hole husband calls for a $400 dollar carpet cleaning when his house has 20k worth of pet damage to walls and floors,    you go through the whole deal with him showing him everything and you just get an aggressive response pretty much slam the door in your face type of deal.      I hate those,   so awkward  

Have only had maybe 3 of those,    and you can already tell your not the first company to break the news....   last time it was probably the wife who was home,   so husband thinks hes going to punk you into doing it

Lastly,    I hate the lawyer type where you feel like you need to document the entire job with pictures like a crime scene and get signatures on every stain or they will come after you.

Wow, that nailed my answer, it's almost like we're related, lol.
Aside from those up there, I also hated apartments where you have to pull 300 feet of hoses to clean 2 small rooms for $ 125. I also hate cleaning in the rain, the muds getting in between vac hose ridges are a pain in the butt to clean up.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:59 pm

That's quite a list there AC i bef betf you felt good after typing that. That last one made me laugh.. I hate it when you go to someone's house and the dog smells your crouch and the customer looks at you like not nothing happened and they say â„¢he just wants to smell youâ„¢
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:13 pm

Wow that's crazy Tom. You did everything you were supposed to do to try and help that child. How frustraring that nothing was done and I bet she never called a carpet cleaner again
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:37 pm

I hate cleaning in the summer.....To damn humid down here. That is my goal, take all summer off and lay in the pool.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:43 pm

At least you have the beach close by
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Henson Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:49 pm

Mo wrote:At least you have the beach close by
Do you realize how humid the air is blowing in off of the Gulf? You can wake up at 5 in the morning and it's 85 degrees outside and the heat index is 95 to 100 already and you know you are in for a bad day, especially when the windows in your house are so fogged up you can't see out of them. The beach...I avoid it...hate it. Give me the mountains...until winter.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:03 pm

Yuck
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Customers that expect a miracle when they've totally trashed the carpet and now want their rental deposit back. Your cat pissed the carpet to death and clawed a hole by the door! Guess what?

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Yeah, unreasonable or unrealistic folk, they suck. I don't get a lot of it. Most seem to have common sense. But, you do run into ding a lings. If I recognize it beforehand, I recommend someone else clean for them. I recommend the local 25 bucks a room guy with free aqua guard.

Stairs are one thing I really don't like cleaning. I'm 6'3" and I got to wear kneepads to do them.
Textured Berber is also a nemesis. I have it in my house and have run into it just a few times. PIA to get it dry. Never has seemed to clean real great either.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Have to go along with you on stairs. With land at a premium, most homes here have them. I put them off till last. I don't know what a "textured Berber is but I've had good success with a high Ph pre-spray followed by extraction with a glide. A glide is a must on Berber. I'm assuming a polyester Berber of course.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:49 am

What do you dislike most about carpet cleaning? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT93RDzH74Rci9VZQeacresOnZoTxsBqrWSbfPC-UaTYuB7jeIS

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzsucker Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:24 am

Air soft pellets are the bane of my existence.
Those damn solar driveway lights all over the place.
Cat piss.
Houses with 50 stairs just to get to the front door.
Red stains, I hate doing them. I don't care if they want to pay me to take them out.
A hot van on a hot day.
That super tacky poly carpet. Its like pushing the wand over spider traps.
88 cent a square foot carpet. No, you traffic patterns will not come out. It's garbage.
Piss covered houses that want no smell in the carpet.
Fuzzsucker
Fuzzsucker
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://thepremierclean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:48 am

Freemind1 wrote:Yeah, unreasonable or unrealistic folk, they suck. I don't get a lot of it. Most seem to have common sense. But, you do run into ding a lings. If I recognize it beforehand, I recommend someone else clean for them. I recommend the local 25 bucks a room guy with free aqua guard.

Stairs are one thing I really don't like cleaning. I'm 6'3" and I got to wear kneepads to do them.
Textured Berber is also a nemesis. I have it in my house and have run into it just a few times. PIA to get it dry. Never has seemed to clean real great either.

I share the same height and find no joy in cleaning stairs. Someday I will hire a midget just to specialize in stairs...probably corner the market. Laughing
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next