Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

How many of you old geezards

+9
SixShooter
Rainbow Rider
Cjcann
SCCC
Ken Raddon
Davey Cracker
dp1
milspec6
Mo
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many of you old geezards - Page 2 Empty Re: How many of you old geezards

Post by SixShooter Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:38 pm

REALCLEAN wrote:You can test body ph with saliva.  You can buy strips at pretty much any nutrition store.  

Generally, that whole alkaline craze gets a bit exaggerated.  The only folks who have a problem are diet soda drinkers.  It's a combination of the addiction to the diet soda and it's replacement of drinking water.  

I have pretty bad arthritic hips from a case of Lyme Disease in 2006.  I find a great deal of relief by taking Hyaluronic Acid, Sam-e, and Barleans Ultra omega.  All natural.

Used to have bad hip pain

I just quit diet soda about a month ago and also discovered the foam roller.

Between the 2 my hips are 100% better.

What have you heard about diet soda? Does it contribute to joint (hip) pain?
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:56 pm

ACpower1 wrote:
Davey Cracker wrote:With that method^ I can't imagine your wand strokes are longer than 2'??
Too short for me.

actually 4-6ft

Oh that's not too bad, I was picturing a rocking motion with no arm movement.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:14 pm

all soda is pretty bad diet or regular

the less high fructose syrup in your diet the better lol
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:29 pm

SixShooter wrote:
REALCLEAN wrote:You can test body ph with saliva.  You can buy strips at pretty much any nutrition store.  

Generally, that whole alkaline craze gets a bit exaggerated.  The only folks who have a problem are diet soda drinkers.  It's a combination of the addiction to the diet soda and it's replacement of drinking water.  

I have pretty bad arthritic hips from a case of Lyme Disease in 2006.  I find a great deal of relief by taking Hyaluronic Acid, Sam-e, and Barleans Ultra omega.  All natural.

Used to have bad hip pain

I just quit diet soda about a month ago and also discovered the foam roller.

Between the 2 my hips are 100% better.

What have you heard about diet soda? Does it contribute to joint (hip) pain?

Interesting thing I learned recently. A close friend, 51 years old, was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. Very first question the Dr. asked, "do you drink diet sodas?" Her answer, "yes, about 6 or 7 diet sodas a day." He said, "either you agree to stop, or I'm wasting my time with you. Diet soda has been proven to contribute to colon cancer."

Diet sodas are as bad nutritionally as regular sodas. However, they're worse because of the addictive nature of the artificial sweeteners in them. An average Coke drinker may have one per day, but also include tea and water or other throughout the day. The majority of Diet Coke drinkers drink 5-8 Diet Cokes per day, and ONLY Diet Cokes.

I've never drank diet sodas. The only time I drink regular Coke it's full of Crown. Smile
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:56 am

Use your ph strips and test your urine. Have a carpet cleaning buddy who's wife ordered ph strips on the internet for $30, he was pissed when he told her he had the dam things on his truck she could have used for free. It's not only diet soda drinkers- all processed food need acid to keep botulism at bay. Our modern diet is killing us slowly, loaded with inflammatory cheap ingredients. Also try Cherry juice it is amazing at reducing athritis, it really works. You can get 100% cherry juice at Trader Joes. Try a glass a day and I bet it will help. Geen tea, hylaranoic acid, Glucosamine, chondriton, MSM are all supplements that will help. Change your diet do the research. Check out Dr Mercola's website- this will lead you in the right direction and change some notions you have about what is really healthy for you.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:31 am

ACpower1 wrote:dont move your arms hardly at all.    

Step into the forward stroke and step out on the back stroke.      

I teach our guys to rock back and forth from one foot to the other,   really really saves the shoulder, back, arms everything.     It is actually a really good workout a lot like some of the exercises in the p90x program  

If you were lifting weights or any gym training you wouldnt reach way out and put your body in funny positions.  

If I am standing like a right handed batter,   then my right should is hardly moving at all and you step in and step out.
 I with you and Gerry on the stepping forwarded on the front stroke and stepping backwards on the back stroke youre kind of simulating a walking action which is a natural motions. But not moving your arms would look kind of funny.

This is the motion I was using with my OP machine on 2 jobs yesterday
How many of you old geezards - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRogSLRS-leML1RuIfujYlfN6gMBvmaCUec13RQrem_mrMnXSA7w
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:35 am

( miller ) gerry wrote:I am 50.  Been scrubbing for 18 years.  Younger days worked for a United moving company, unloaded garage doors from semis, hung drywall, painted for 5 years and many other physically related jobs.  Not kind on my body.  It has caught up.    I am going through spinal decompression for c3, c5 and L5 bulging discs.  Slow process but helping.
Good deep tissue massages monthly, chiropractic adjustments on a reg basis.  Minor physical activities to keep joints lubed up.  Suppliments also help.  Lots of water.  A bitch getting old.

It's amazing you're still cleaning Gerry. Carpet Daddys comment about a Hot Tub would probably help you a lot.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:39 am

SixShooter wrote:
SCCC wrote:
Davey Cracker wrote:I'm not old, so I won't respond. LOL But........

I've had my share of back pain from this stuff.......inversion table helps the most, for me.

Dave I want to tell you something, my whole life a had a dad with a terrible back. He worked through it his whole working carrier, and he bought a inversion table and it did bring him relief.
But I want you to know this and maybe have a check up. One of my dads eye doctors ( my Dad lost vision in one eye due to work) He had sight for many years but the doctor said that some of it may have been due to the InTable. The problem from what this doctor said is when you hang upside down it can cause pressure in your head...and thus in your eyes, the pressure causes nerve damage and can cause eye problems latter.
How accurate this is I do not know but it maybe a good idea to have a eye check up. Eye nerve damage IS NOT SOMETHING YOU FEEL!!! it painlessly happens over time....my dad thought it was just him getting older, he would still have vision if he would have check eye pressure.
So next time just maybe mention it to your doc and have them do a pressure test on your eyes.

you're scaring the crap out of me.

I love my inversion table.

Can I just do until I need glasses?

But you know what, believe it or not a simple foam roller has worked miracles on my back, hips and legs. All my friends have been commenting about my posture being better, etc.

I swear by the foam roller. Use it everyday before getting in bed and before getting dressed in the morning.

Cost about $20 from Big 5.

I think what happens is a lot of people invert all the way on the table and I heard you're really not supposed to do that.

The young guys reading this thread must be thinking

What a bunch of How many of you old geezards - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnzrnBIPgEkpRPWxbZIhGJ8DKnXOkTfclTbqQjI-pDzvLrVG6rqg
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:39 pm

Some day they will have everyone wearing robotic skeletons who do manual labor.....then we will be talking about favorite battery packs and swivels.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum