Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

I still got it

4 posters

Go down

I still got it Empty I still got it

Post by Andy Mc Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:44 am

During the shift to a new TM, I was with out a machine for a few days, got a call for a commercial office that needed it done asap, lady said this place was trashed not cleaned in over 5 years.

so I took the job , but I was with out a TM. It's been a long time sense I cleaned anything trashed with VLM, so I was a little nervous.

any ways long story short, with a pre scrub and follow up with cotton bonnet, I turned this trashed out carpet to almost brand new condition. It was fun! I got to give a plug to the new procyon extreme, that stuff worked like a charm and gave me one of the best results I ever did with a VLM cleaning.

Only spotter I had to use was a spray bottle of 40 vo on a few coffe spills, the pre spray destroyed everything else, tons of grease spots, heavy soiled back traffic lanes, and stains everywhere,,,,
procyon extreme (improved version) is an excellent product.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

I still got it Empty Re: I still got it

Post by milspec6 Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:22 pm

How many bonnets did it take?

I just never took to the whole vlm cleaning due to amount of bonnets that I would go through cleaning medical offices. The results were good (always surprised me) and it sure beat pulling hoses, but I would have a trash bag full of bonnets to clean when I got home.

I'm not trying to disparage the method...it really can get great results...but I was trading the dumping of a tank for doing laundry at the end of the day. Well, I really don't like doing laundry.

Glad it worked out well Andy and really happy seeing the new tm. It looks like your 2015 will be off to a great start!
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Mind sharing what the actual process was?......as far as what equipment you used and how?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:02 am

175,   heavy pre spray procyon extreme.   slow going with green strip pad, for pre scrub and first layer of soil removal,,

Then followed up with cotton bonnet, run fairly quick,  

500 sf of trashed commercial carpet,   I used just one green strip pad,  then just one cotton,  front and back,   2 pads total.     1   hour and done.  

If I had a fiber pad I would have used it in place of the green strip pad,   would have sped things up .

BTW, after years of running OP mahcines , I have yet to find a job that I miss it, the 175 does everything the OP did, just as well if not better.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:42 am

Wow, just one cotton bonnet? I must have been doing something wrong these past years....I would have gone through at least 5 and probably closer to 8 on 500 sqft.

I could really use some training on vlm cleaning, probably why I didn't do it very often.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:53 pm

Yeh I used to do that two, but you could run 20 pads and still get more dirt,

Best not to over do it, and be at peace with the fact that you aren't realy cleaning anyways, That's why I don't used it anymore on residential.

For Commercial, just get it to look good , then let the encap handle the rest, That's what they want, a nicer looking area,,, If I really want to remove dirt, then I hWE it, but then they must pay more, and they wont.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:44 pm

How long did it take you to finish the job and how much did you get if you don't mind me asking ? I lost the biggest commercial account this year due to management change and was wondering if I should offer vlm for lower price if it can shave some cleaning time off.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:54 pm

That's the problem with commercial, it can disappear at the drop of a hat regardless of what you do or don't do. I'm still stinging from a few big losses myself.

I used to vlm offices, but like I said, I would over-due it on the bonnets. What I did find was that if the building was going to be empty when you clean, then vlm can be a pretty good time saver.

If the building will be occupied, then I would avoid vlm as it doesn't seem as special to the client. He doesn't have a mobile textile cleaning plant, but he could probably pull a few 175's out of a closet and decide that it would be worth it to have his own staff handle it from now on.

In fact, when I was using vlm, I still ran hoses into the building for show...just in case they decided to view the parking lot cameras in the morning. wink
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:01 pm

milspec6 wrote:That's the problem with commercial, it can disappear at the drop of a hat regardless of what you do or don't do.  I'm still stinging from a few big losses myself.

I used to vlm offices, but like I said, I would over-due it on the bonnets.  What I did find was that if the building was going to be empty when you clean, then vlm can be a pretty good time saver.

If the building will be occupied, then I would avoid vlm as it doesn't seem as special to the client.  He doesn't have a mobile textile cleaning plant, but he could probably pull a few 175's out of a closet and decide that it would be worth it to have his own staff handle it from now on.

In fact, when I was using vlm, I still ran hoses into the building for show...just in case they decided to view the parking lot cameras in the morning. wink

LOL, that's funny, it's funnier if they have hidden cameras inside the building and see that the hoses are not connected to your 175, lmao.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:20 pm

dp1 wrote:
milspec6 wrote:That's the problem with commercial, it can disappear at the drop of a hat regardless of what you do or don't do.  I'm still stinging from a few big losses myself.

I used to vlm offices, but like I said, I would over-due it on the bonnets.  What I did find was that if the building was going to be empty when you clean, then vlm can be a pretty good time saver.

If the building will be occupied, then I would avoid vlm as it doesn't seem as special to the client.  He doesn't have a mobile textile cleaning plant, but he could probably pull a few 175's out of a closet and decide that it would be worth it to have his own staff handle it from now on.

LOL, that's funny, it's funnier if they have hidden cameras inside the building and see that the hoses are not connected to your 175, lmao.

That might be hard to explain....might need to glue on a hose tube to my jiggler for show. Laughing
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:55 am

Not a problem if you tell them before hand that you use a different system for commercial. this system is taylor made to address problems with commercial carpet. When they see the the results they wont care. Especially when you do it for a low price. Dp1. With a 175. 1000 sf per hour is my Average. With a wheel on the ground op on board spray system 1500 sf per hour average. Thats using absorbent pads. For straight encap (scrub n run) add another 500 sf. To the production

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Thanks for that info Andy, seems like it's pretty close to my HWE efficiency, the only time saved would be from not pulling hoses which can take about 30 minutes between setting up and rolling up, I don't think I can give them much break on price, oh well.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum