Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Water Damage Restoration Referrals

4 posters

Go down

Water Damage Restoration Referrals Empty Water Damage Restoration Referrals

Post by Mo Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:08 pm

One of my customers called me today to see If could extract some water. The landscaper left the faucet on and water got into the bedroom. When I got there the carpet was soaked and the water went through two walls. I recommended that she get her insurance and WDR company involved. She asked for a referral for WDR. I don't refer my competition I  all always refer Serv Pro because they dont have a presence in town but the will WDR here.

Later this afternoon I revived a call from Serv Pro letting me know that I have noticed that I referred a few people and they were going to start recommending me for carpet cleaning. Sweet!! Of course when I refer to them they
make thousands and tens of thousands and when they refer me I make a couple of hundred pale

Have you guys teamed up with any WDR companies?

Last edited by Mo on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Water Damage Restoration Referrals Empty Re: Water Damage Restoration Referrals

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:55 pm

No, I don't referrer, I do the work myself, and make the "tens of thousands"!........Altho my biggest WDR job so far is a lil shy of ten thousand. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:13 pm

I refer serv pro also,   if your not really geared towards WDR with lots of insurance for it (the proper insurance is really expensive,   its a huge overhead of these companies for good reason, it has to cover massive loss if they make a mistake)   along with lots of equipment your putting yourself in a really stupid position that could easily put you out of business and even lose your assets...    such as your house.

for instance,   If you get a call for it and go dry it out but you miss a leak somewhere or somehow dont get it completely dry and theres more flooding than you expected then weeks later the customer find outs they have mold/mildew guess whos completely liable?    you and your business because your claiming to be WDR when your mostly a carpet cleaner

Something I definitely want to get into someday,   and we do water extraction only..     I dont mind some overpaid water clawing,  but always tell them to call serv pro immediately after we hang up and then let me know if you still want me to come extract.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:30 pm

As a flood damage / mold contractor as well, I enjoy those calls, but they are a pita and come with lots of liability risks.

I contracted with Serv Pro last summer to clean for them....didn't work out too well.  Part of their contract includes cleaning the carpet after the structure has been dried fully and they are required to have a truckmount by the franchise corporate.  The problem is that most of them don't have people trained to clean very well.

Where it went wrong for me was that many of those flood jobs might only be a single room, so they would expect me to drive out of my way to clean a single room at times.  That just wasn't working out very well.  I still insisted on my minimum charge, but it added a lot of travel time for that minimum....time I could have cleaning a larger structure for more money.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:01 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:No, I don't referrer, I do the work myself, and make the "tens of thousands"!........Altho my biggest WDR job so far is a lil shy of ten thousand. laughing

I have no desire to get into that biz Dave. Im trying to wind this down not vamp it up. Did I not spell check again Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:03 pm

milspec6 wrote:As a flood damage / mold contractor as well, I enjoy those calls, but they are a pita and come with lots of liability risks.

I contracted with Serv Pro last summer to clean for them....didn't work out too well.  Part of their contract includes cleaning the carpet after the structure has been dried fully and they are required to have a truckmount by the franchise corporate.  The problem is that most of them don't have people trained to clean very well.

Where it went wrong for me was that many of those flood jobs might only be a single room, so they would expect me to drive out of my way to clean a single room at times.  That just wasn't working out very well.  I still insisted on my minimum charge, but it added a lot of travel time for that minimum....time I could have cleaning a larger structure for more money.

Definitely mot the type of relationship I want to have with Serv Pro Rob.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down