Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Real sales video

3 posters

Go down

Real sales video Empty Real sales video

Post by Andy Mc Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Hey Guys, had a few people call and tell me they like the presentation style on my phony sales video,, and they said I Should do real ones and put them up on my web site. Not sure a bathroom sales pitch would hurt me or help me??? lol

Went ahead and shot this one , would like to know honest opinions, things that I should change? or is it good? or is the whole thing silly and I should not post these videos?

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Real sales video Empty Re: Real sales video

Post by Mo Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:16 pm

Ill give you C on delivery presentation.

Invest in a tri pod looks goofy and un professional filming yourself. The background needs to be solid so that it's focusing on you, maybe you can film the presentation in front of your vehicle. or a desk.

When you want the viewer to focus on what your saying zoom in to shoulders and up so that they can see the sincerity in your eyes and face.

As soon as you bone up on your presentation it will flow better and come across more natural and sincere.

Get ride od the word crapola in describing the bait and switch companies. If you want the prospect to take you seriously stay professional.

Get rid of the word "Cheap" when referring to your business. Although it's definition is low cost it has negative connotations use affordable instead.

Personally I think it's more powerful to have your customers do video referrals.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:17 pm

I didn't get to view it (says video is private), but I am a fan of people just talking off-script in a commercial. I don't need to hear a script full of cliches as the pitchman tries to act like he isn't really reading a copy.

I also think a carpet cleaner should be making the presentation on the carpet, that is what you are the expert at. For a dirt sucker to be speaking from behind a desk or in a suit and tie would be laughable to me. Just think about your mechanic, would you trust one that wore a tuxedo or a white lab coat as he worked on your vehicle?

Put the carpet in the backdrop, be yourself, and just talk to your customers...you know who your customers are and what they expect better than any one else. They will respond to your message if you focus on them.

Sure wish I saw the video....maybe none of my comments are valid.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:54 pm

Thanks for the feed back, Mo. Rased some good points,,, Just for the record, it was a very rough draft, and I don't plan to release anything of me talking to my bathroom mirror, lol

Milspec great stuff, thanks

Video was removed cause it already did it's job, No need to embarrass my self further. Great thing was I saw 100 things I didn't like, plus the things Mo stated. So on to the next one.

I figure after 10 or so Ill have a good one. It took me 100 carpets cleaned before I felt I was good at it.

But it is over coming the fear of failer that get's you thru that first 10 or 100

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:03 pm

I tell you what Andy it's a lot easier to critique a video than it is to stand in front of the camera and make one. You do have a relaxed vibe going on. Glad we could help
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:29 pm

funny thing is it took me 15 minutes to work my self past the fear to even talk to my self in the mirror lol.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down