Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

What are some of the disadvantages of working the higher end market?

+2
Davey Cracker
Mo
6 posters

Go down

What are some of the disadvantages of working the higher end market? Empty What are some of the disadvantages of working the higher end market?

Post by Mo Thu May 07, 2015 3:52 pm

We've discussed the advantages, higher average tickets etc. What are some of the pitfalls and disadvantages of working this segment?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

What are some of the disadvantages of working the higher end market? Empty Re: What are some of the disadvantages of working the higher end market?

Post by Davey Cracker Thu May 07, 2015 4:24 pm

Only thing that comes to mind is.........

You're usually working in very nice pristine homes, where the littlest scuff or mark on the paint sticks out. Which is the advantage to working in lower end and rentals....you can usually beat the hell outa them and it's not noticeable. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

What are some of the disadvantages of working the higher end market? Empty Re: What are some of the disadvantages of working the higher end market?

Post by Mo Thu May 07, 2015 4:30 pm

That's one of the things that came to mind to me also. You have to be really careful around their stuff cuz its going to cost you more to replace
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu May 07, 2015 5:45 pm

The fabrics, definitely the fabrics.

You can clean the poly carpet and furniture all day without worry, but on the high-end homes, it isn't so easy. You can run into a piece of furniture with wool, silk, rayon, cotton, etc. all in the same item. Carpets run into transitions with marble, exotic woods, or even fine metals as trim.

Bottom line....far greater risk and care is needed.

Screw that up and you are buying a 7k dollar sofa or 30k to replace a rare marble floor using imported tiles from Italy or some crap.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Thu May 07, 2015 5:54 pm

Dealing with eccentric kooks who demand you remove your shoes before entering their abode. When you explain that your job requires footwear they start deciding if they want you in the house at all. At this point you know that you are not going to do this job for any amount of money, you inform them that you can not do the job and they start backpeddaling- realizing that they will not be getting their carpets cleaned that day and that their bratty spoiled ways have once again back fired in their faces. True story
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu May 07, 2015 6:12 pm

I know the type, usually Asians, around here.

It's a quick fix, if you slip on shoe covers.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu May 07, 2015 6:18 pm

I think a a lot of us have been there Diablo. Some think that they're your boss and that you will be putting up with there sheeet
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by abuelo Thu May 07, 2015 10:19 pm

The floors, I hate the sound of my hoses moving and jumping around the floors and working with the idea that if I scratch or mark that expensive wood I'll be paying for that.
I don't care about the smell and the poor condition of the carpets, I feel more confortable in those empty and nasty places. Almost forgot, the driveway is also a pain in the neck and always I cross my fingers to do not leave a motor oil spot just right there.

abuelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pablo Thu May 07, 2015 10:31 pm

Sorry that was me, I don't know computer became crazy here, mucho loco.

Pablo

http://www.bairescarpet.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu May 07, 2015 11:04 pm

If you leak oil, it's probably better you stay working in da 'hood......
That's a big no-no in any driveway really, especially if you're looking to make customers "Fo' life". .. lol
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu May 07, 2015 11:36 pm

I dont turn them down but also dont specifically market to them.     Is it my preferred job?  definitely not but still do the job just like any other.      

It all depends what were talking about here,   because we have lots of what can be considered "high end" but Im talking about the super rich...   like over 8-10k and larger sq ft house...     those are the ones I dont really enjoy doing.        

But we clean lots of high end 4-5k sq ft homes which I dont really put in the same class..    the difference is one is paying a mortgage and the other could probably buy 10 of their homes cash.    

We do like cleaning for middle class the most because I can relate to the customers more and they tend to be more enjoyable to deal with.    

plus its a numbers game,   there just arent nearly as many super rich people out there..   they are in fact the 1%     so your pricing should reflect affordability for the largest demographic and you will be more successful.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri May 08, 2015 4:56 pm

I think we can all agree that this segment is a smaller piece of the pie and you can be really susceptible to a bid drop in revenue when a recession hits.

I got into this biz less than a year before the great recession. I had a couple of cleaners come by and give me quotes and there was one company that was really high priced. I would see his three vehicles all over town. The guy advertised on YP, Adwords, TV he had a big advertising budget. When the recession hit the guy practically disappeared.

Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down