Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Advertising on Facebook

4 posters

Go down

Advertising on Facebook Empty Advertising on Facebook

Post by Devon07 Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:22 pm

Anyone ever do it? I ask more out of curiosity....ive spent tons on Google with my other business and never really had a chance to play with FB....was curious because its more directed to a nice local target audience. low budgets and seems fun to play around with. unless you guys have been there done that and have good info for me. My other business is global and I dont have the pleasure of playing the game so local and detailed. Thought it would be interesting to drop a couple hundred on FB and see results good or bad. Thoughts??
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Advertising on Facebook Empty Re: Advertising on Facebook

Post by Devon07 Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:16 am

Maybe FB isnt good??
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:24 am

I have no real experience with FB, so I can't really say.

In fact, I am not on any of the social media sites. I firmly believe that in small markets, you are selling yourself and not the company. It wouldn't matter if I was selling widgets, hot dogs, or carpet cleaning, it would come down to getting people to like and trust me that mattered.

I don't think that can happen over the internet or in media, it has to happen face to face. I'm a talker, sitting at the barber shop or dental office or just shopping, I am always engaging people in a conversation that eventually leads to the "what do you do for living" question.

I always carry a dozen business cards and that is where I get my work. Sure, I don't get 6 jobs per day like many, but I do have over 70k sqft of commercial and 6 homes scheduled thus far this month from it.

A lot of people never even think about having their carpets cleaned until you end up sitting next to them in a waiting room talking about it.

Advertising and social media would get people who already clean their carpets to pay attention, but they end up comparing price more than anything. Targeting those that have never cleaned their carpets requires a personal touch and then it is a yes or no deal rather than price shopping.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:55 pm

I agree to a degree...FB should help with awareness I would think. If I depended 100% on meeting them I would be in trouble.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:53 pm

I've tried them in the past ( a couple of years ago ), didn't really work for me back then, I kept thinking to try again though, just haven't had the time to set it up.
Most people will shop around, regardless if the awareness comes from a stranger telling you that he's a carpet cleaner or due to their evil mother in law is coming. Only a few will not, and I'm sure everyone wish they get their business, these non shoppers will come from advertising media, referrals, etc. I believe areas and demographics have a lot to do with where these customers come from.
If you live in Robert's area, you're one lucky dude ! Lol, advertising agency will not make $$ there Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:18 pm

I'm not sure about this SM way of advo,  but I've never tried it. And really don't see it being good, but I have no real experience with it.

Also, I'm not the typical high volume cleaner, looking to do every call that they can get either.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Never discount the free advertising.....you and your truck.

I drive mine everywhere and wear the company shirt when I do. In small towns like mine, it gets you all the awareness that you need.

Now when it comes to the big city part of my area, I don't exist on anyone's radar except the commercial customers and real estate agents. To everyone else, I'm just some lost contractor driving around...which is fine with me.

You don't have to be a shark to be the bully fish in a pond. I move to the ocean and I am just bait. Smile
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:41 am

I have great connections and will need little advertising...not any yellow page stuff.....maybe local news paper and I need to find one other way to boost a little more to keep me at the pace Im looking for....honestly I can do 1 or 2 a day and be happy with an occassional water damage. I used to do 4-8 a day with one truck and those days are not what I need anymore. Im teaching my son some skills he could possibly use later in life and making some extra cash doing it for both him and I. So, I need a moderate form of advertising....right now other than the ones who know me, there is no way for them to easily find my number. News paper, Van, shirts are all Ive done and been doing 2-3 a week so far from referals.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:31 am

Sounds like you need a grand opening event of some kind to let people know that you are back in the game.

Maybe do a charity event where you set up in a parking lot and clean rugs for charity donations. Probably end up cleaning 30 rugs and getting a lot publicity at the same time. People see the van, the equipment, the tools, and you get to meet / greet a lot of people as you go.

Let the kid work and you work the crowd like a carnival barker.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:09 pm

milspec6 wrote:Sounds like you need a grand opening event of some kind to let people know that you are back in the game.

Maybe do a charity event where you set up in a parking lot and clean rugs for charity donations.  Probably end up cleaning 30 rugs and getting a lot publicity at the same time.  People see the van, the equipment, the tools, and you get to meet / greet a lot of people as you go.

Let the kid work and you work the crowd like a carnival barker.

That's not bad of an idea, I wish I can use it in here, people would line up 5 blocks up with their area rugs just to use the free service and will never buy anything else from me, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down