Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

omg worst vehicles ever made... what a bummer

+2
Devon07
ACpower1
6 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

omg worst vehicles ever made...  what a bummer Empty omg worst vehicles ever made... what a bummer

Post by ACpower1 Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:57 pm

Really fell in love with the 03/04 land rover discoverys and found a really clean white one with 80k on it..

went and test drove it, what a pos. They had 2 of the same year on the lot and both had engine knocks. Got to reading more about them and I guess its really common and the 4.6L motor they have is considered completely defective. About 8/10 of them end up with the engine knocks

and right now of the top 5 worst vehicles ever made, Land Rover holds 3/5 of those spots with 3 different models.

Sucks because I really wanted to lift one up and put some big tires on it, they are off road capable but again not off road capable because they have like a 75% chance of breaking down.

Looking at a Nissan Armada, or Infiniti QX56.. very familiar with nissans and can work on them...

What are some other good SUVs you guys like? getting ready to sell my tundra trd soon
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

omg worst vehicles ever made...  what a bummer Empty Re: omg worst vehicles ever made... what a bummer

Post by Devon07 Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Had the Armada and Titan...very nice too! but they like the fuel.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

omg worst vehicles ever made...  what a bummer Empty Re: omg worst vehicles ever made... what a bummer

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:20 pm

Yup, you're looking at the wrong vehicles for off-roading.

Try the off- roading forums.

Sounds like you're looking for an off-road Caddy. Twisted Evil
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:49 pm

My brother sold his Land Rover for that very reason.

As for off-road, talk to me as I have driven all over the country where roads didn't exist. In the past, it was normally a Jeep CJ, Grand Wagoneer, Dodge Power Wagon, Jeep J20, and a Unimog.

It depends on what kind of trouble you plan to get into as to what you will need in a vehicle to get you out of. It might surprise you how little you really need as people used to drive stock panel trucks over trails in reverse at MOAB for decades....in 2 wheel drive!

I prefer trucks built prior to 1980 to serve as killer off-road vehicles, but if you insist on modern choices, this is what I see out there.

I don't know if you can lift them much, but the Subaru wagons are very capable and reliable. A police issue Tahoe would be a good candidate, but many were ordered in 2wd only.

The only thing modern that I think would be unstoppable is the Dodge Power Wagon (modern version) or maybe build yourself a Jeep Brute, but both of these vehicles are expensive.

No matter what you choose, avoid a diesel. All the weight sits on the front end and requires a lot of weight in the box to get through any kind of snow without going sideways.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Looking for something nice interior, only for very light off road like camping, snowboarding..

would go jeep if I was really looking to get crazy, but since wheeling your vehicle beats the hell out of it then its better to buy a jeep with no title and just trailer it.

I love my tundra but have had a truck for a long time and kinda want an SUV now.

like the 2007 and newer Tahoes/Denalis but they are still really expensive, about 20k for one with near 100k, I try and stay away from american vehicles with near 100k

Subarus are pretty awsome cars but Im a big guy and like the spacious interiors

How did you like your armada other than fuel consumption? My work trucks are the daily drivers so I dont mind a v8

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Too bad I like the look of the older model Land Cruiser.

What about a Scout
omg worst vehicles ever made...  what a bummer 001-300x225
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:35 pm

I've had a Scout ll as well. You can't drive 5 miles into the farming country around here without seeing a scout in the yard somewhere.

The problem with them were 2 things:

1. Most of the accessory parts were built by International, so if you want new shocks...good luck finding one to fit the mounts.

2. The motors sucked. Big displacement, but no power.

"Nice interior, roomy, light off-roading"...you just described the old Jeep Grand Wagoneer or modern Grand Cherokee.

The Wagoneers have become a bit of a collector's item now, so the prices have started going upwards and many were full-time 4x4, so mileage kind of sucked.

Find yourself a Grand Cherokee with the 5.2 or even the 5.9 motor and you will find what you want. They can be had very cheap and they are plush inside with a solid base for some adventure.

Even the old 4.0 isn't a bad choice, but they got about the same mpg as the V8, so I would go bigger. I don't like the modern Jeep motors, but those old V8's were very reliable powerplants.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:37 pm

One of my favorite car info sites.....it has saved me from making huge mistakes (Jaguar XJ6 for example) over the years.

http://www.carsurvey.org/
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Still miss the old goat

omg worst vehicles ever made...  what a bummer 1984-j10
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Sounds like there needs to be a decision made between a luxury and off-road truck....you're not going to really get both.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:40 pm

luxury 4wd is what I want, not looking to go hardcore mudding lol

I would only do that in a vehicle I didnt care about, theres lots of trails around here and doing that absolutely destroys your truck lol

just want something nice that can still go to the mountains, snowboarding, camping etc not rock crawling or anything.

If you want to go hardcore offroad the best thing is just to buy a jeep with no title, theres tons of them on CL.. then you just trailer it to the spots
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:34 pm

Have you considered a "Sportmobile" or Quigelys?

I would love to have one of those to take camping or down to the water. Could even use it for business.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:48 pm

Jimmy Buffett likes the Sportsmobiles a lot.

omg worst vehicles ever made...  what a bummer Jbuffe10
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:11 am

Hey what about the Toyota FJ
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:24 pm

ACE Services wrote:Hey what about the Toyota FJ

I had 1969 FJ (yes, I used to be a vehicle junkie) with a chevy straight six. That thing could go anywhere, but not in comfort. I assume that you mean the modern version.....that one I have no experience with, but it always seemed a little unnatural to me. It just looks like some kind of children's toy car to me.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Just thought I'd ask, never ridden in one. But it's the width of a Tahoe. I've been told they get 18 to 20 mpg on the hwy. Just threw it out there.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:46 pm

Milspec...I had an F-350 4x4 diesel one time for a cleaning wagon....It was used when I got it but it was a DEA van and had electronics wired all through it...they took the goodies out but it was a beast...wish I had a pic. It got me a nice water damage one winter when no one else could get to it....my service call rate was special. Wink I wanted the van and the wife said it was just a toy...I used it for the weekend and took her camping Wink she liked the van after that and said buy it. lol It was filled with cleaning equip just after that.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Love the 4x4 vans!

I didn't know the Toy FJ got mileage like that....pretty nice. I wasn't trying to irk you ACE, I apologize if I did in my response. It might be a little jealously with those FJ vehicles as I sure couldn't afford one these days, but I classify them like hummers.....when I see one I normally get a negative vibe.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:53 am

No worries Rob I didn't even think about it, just wanted to join in the conversation.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Glad to here ACE.....off topic, but how would you set up a live reel off the TNT?

I am thinking off just using a brass tee block before the panel with a shut off valve to send it to the reel, but then I lose the panel gauge readings (psi and temp).

I guess I could run it after the panel, but seems like a cluttered way of doing it and adds more bend to the solution line.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:13 pm

If I'm getting it right in my head. Put the tee in were you are talking about but put the cut off on the line going to the reel the Q connect on the front will stop the water flow if a hose isn't connected. Then when you open the cutoff the hole system is charged and everything is reading right.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:10 pm

I can show u a pic of my TNT Mil, everything is live except vac line

4x4 vans are so badass but they are super expensive, Theres an Express 3500 4x4 out there but its pretty rare.

Id be all over the newer toyota FJs if they had a different body style, they should have hired me for marketing that thing... I would have made it boxy looking with a military styling

kind of like the mercedes g500 wagons but a toyota
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:33 pm

We are on the same page AC, a boxy military look would have been awesome....kind of like the jeep prototype truck they teased us with a few years ago.

omg worst vehicles ever made...  what a bummer Jeep-n10

I would like to see you live solution set-up too, if you have the time.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Damn that thing is nice!      ya toyota could have really killed it with the FJ making it look more like that,    would have been a very strong competitor to the new 4 door jeeps rubicon etc

instead it looks like a cartoon car like in a chevron ad  

heres the live reel,    sry not the best pic

I had a jumper hose made from the connection on the front of TNT to the swivel on the Cox reel

garden hose is live too, same exact thing but a thicker low pressure water heater hose going to the garden hose female on the TNT

BTW these COX reels are sold on steambrite for $500 under a different name, I can get them for $270 for the larger size than steam brite sells for $500

also a few TM manfcters sell them as well marked up a good 40%

omg worst vehicles ever made...  what a bummer IMG_1637_zps5ed6b908
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:52 pm

Ya know, I look at your truck and then cry when I look at mine.....damn modular floors!

Everything had to be custom sized to fit the compartments which is not what I wanted to be doing. It should finally be done minus my propane tank in a couple of days.

It looks cramped and I worry about the tnt being too heavy for the platform...seems to have a slight sag already, but it might just be the way it settled from the weight.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next