Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

2nd River trip

+3
Davey Cracker
milspec6
SCCC
7 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

2nd River trip Empty 2nd River trip

Post by SCCC Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:26 pm

Well Fellows,
We are getting ready for our 2nd river trip. We have river front access to the beautiful Sacramento River. Last year my wife and I decided to be a little adventurous and make the float from our home Anderson Ca. to Red Bluff Ca.
It is @ a 48 mile float, it was one of the most awesome things we have done, fished, swam,and just plain kicked back for two days.
The first trip we took our raft and then attached a poop load of tubes to carry our crap, being the first time we packed like crazy, I think we had three tubes attached to the boat, it was all good till we got down to a little run called China Rapids, it is not white water rapids like most picture, more of a narrow channel with giant underwater rocks that create giant boils of water some sticking out .....will as soon as we entered the channel it seamed every rock had some magnetic pull and we headed for everyone like a pinball game.
My go pro footage was priceless didn't know I could drop that many F bombs in one sentence Shocked Shocked  
This year we are pulling out just before that, we are taking my youngest son and maybe his friend this trip so it is better to be safe than sorry.
It is a beautiful trip with several Bald eagle nest hopefully they are there this trip. Deep canyon wall sections that really make you feel you are somewhere else.
I don't know if any of you are around any water but we bought a Mariner 4 inflatable raft and it is really a awesome raft for the money, inflates with the pump they sent in about 5-7 minutes and is very good construction for the cost.
Here is our set up from last year....you think we took enough, oh and our two dogs too.
This year we are going to camp on two islands, one about half way down and one just before our take out point for the second night, then a little float to the truck for a early morning cooler load up.
I will post some pics of our trip when we get back....maybe some with some killer Rainbow trout, the first island is a awesome fishing hole for some good evening fly fishing, if I don't catch dinner we will have Ballparks....my wife is hoping for Ballparks I am sure of it Very Happy
2nd River trip <a href=2nd River trip GOPR0147_zpsgdhv0pdl" />2nd River trip <a href=2nd River trip GOPR0153_zpsatrqexmc" />
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

2nd River trip Empty Re: 2nd River trip

Post by milspec6 Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:38 pm

I cannot tell you how much I miss time on the water. Being from Providence, RI, I used to spend my weekends with my Father on the ocean with a late 50's wooden Chris Craft boat.

I've toyed with the idea of buying an old Boston Whaler, but I never have the time any more. I think I spent one day on the lake with a kayak this year....just no time.

That is a nice looking raft! I am jealous staring down a week with 2- 18 hour work days and a single day off.

Want to trade? Sad
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:54 am

That looks like great fun.

Looks like you packed enough for a 2 month trip. Razz
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:51 pm

So that's where all the Cali water is at. I used to raft at the Kern river 25 years ago very relaxing a great way to recharge
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:28 pm

Very cool !
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:46 am

nice! I love floating the snoqualmie river here in washington

ive done it with my stand up paddle boards but the tubes are super relaxing
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Milspec,

You work too hard. You only live once.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:46 pm

Rainbow Rider wrote:Milspec,

You work too hard. You only live once.

Well yes and no.

I do work way too hard and it robs me of a lot in life....I'm trying to do better, but it will take some big changes.

As for only living once, I have been clinically dead 6 times now so you can almost claim that you live multiple lives.

It's funny, I went to one of those people that is supposed to hypnotize you to find out who you were in your past lives once. She went through the whole show and when I woke up, she just looked puzzled. When she finally did speak, she said that she was able to go back 4 lives....each time I was still me. Rolling Eyes
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:48 am

Lol she didn't even bother going back a little farther
You know you.re a workaholic right?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:41 pm

Well no fish this time, mainly cuz I didn't fish. I just had a great time with my wife and son.
Built a nice camp fire, cooked some hamburgers, made some smores, and just kicked and relaxed.
We camped on a island and was just at the end of a nice little riffle so the sound of the water as we went to sleep was awesome.
This trip was just to rushed this time, my son is doing football this year and had to be back in time for practice, so we kinda rushed it but it was still a lot of fun.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:49 am

Mo wrote:Lol she didn't even bother going back a little farther
You know you.re a workaholic right?

Definition of a workaholic:

I was running the numbers this morning and here is what I discovered.

Up to July 18, I have worked over 454.8 hours of overtime at the plant for 2015....not counting the 721 hours spent cleaning, that would mean that I have averaged 8.7 hours of work (plant only) for every single day of this year. Evil or Very Mad

Then you can add just over 3 hours of cleaning for each day of the year to this point and you find that I AVERAGE about 12 hours of every day working thus far in 2015.Shocked

No wonder I can't seem to get anything done. This has to change and soon or the only floating down the river for me will be after the heart attack and I'm face down....it would save on the cost of rafts though. Razz
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:23 am

Do you work at the plant for the fringe benefits? Otherwise I would think carpet cleaning would pay you a lot more money. When you work for someone else, they decide what your time is worth. When you're self employed you decide.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:34 pm

Sometimes I wonder why I work here actually. I left here once before only to suffer a medical issue that nearly killed me....actually it did kill me in surgery...within the first 6 months of business.

I guess that has made me gun-shy about jumping off again. There are some good benefits to this job, but nothing that keeps me here other than the security of a steady paycheck with a good medical plan.

I just requested every work day off in October, Nov., and December that wasn't already taken by others. I was saving my hours to cash out upon resignation, but if approved, it gives me the chance to function nearly on my own with a harbor to return to if things don't pan out.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down