Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

added our window washing truck!

+3
milspec6
Mo
ACpower1
7 posters

Go down

added our window washing truck! Empty added our window washing truck!

Post by ACpower1 Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:33 pm

Just got our window washing truck all set up. So far so good its out kicking ass, no marketing for it yet but randomly 2 customers in one week during carpet cleaning asked if we do windows... also we took down 2 commercial jobs!

We got a nice ladder rack on toyota tundra, 1 28ft ladder, 1 16ft ladder, 1 8ft plus water poles and all the hand tools. My good friend has been out of work for the last few years but spent a long time working for a company doing high rises downtown seattle plus lots of residential.. so decided to put him on and see how it goes.

Went and did a whole house carpet job with him doing all windows at the same time the other day, went great. Gotta say, other than being up high Im jealous of the laid back work it is lol much less labor intensive then doing carpets.

anyone else offering window washing?
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

added our window washing truck! Empty Re: added our window washing truck!

Post by Mo Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:47 pm

ACy, You are the add on service King. I get asked about windows too but I just cant do heights.

Im surprised you're not doing house cleaning. You would be a one stop shop for all your cleaning needs. Sounds like a slogan doesn't it?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Does the ladder guy have a fall harness? Someone holding the ladder?

I've been holding accident investigations far too long that I can't help but see danger at every turn. A guy falls off a ladder higher than 6 feet without fall protection can end in a huge OSHA fine and badly injured employee.

I know, we all do it, but when a business does it, it becomes an issue. I can't dispose of an ounce of asbestos tile as a business, but the homeowner can throw out a house full and nobody cares.

Being a business, you can get creamed by the legal beagles for not making the job site safe for even the village idiot.

That being said, I think window cleaning is a great idea. Might be limited to early Spring and late Fall, but why the heck not since you are already there.

Is the window cleaning ever done without carpet cleaning or is it a package deal?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:39 pm

milspec6 wrote:Does the ladder guy have a fall harness?  Someone holding the ladder?

I've been holding accident investigations far too long that I can't help but see danger at every turn.  A guy falls off a ladder higher than 6 feet without fall protection can end in a huge OSHA fine and badly injured employee.

I know, we all do it, but when a business does it, it becomes an issue.  I can't dispose of an ounce of asbestos tile as a business, but the homeowner can throw out a house full and nobody cares.

Being a business, you can get creamed by the legal beagles for not making the job site safe for even the village idiot.

That being said, I think window cleaning is a great idea.  Might be limited to early Spring and late Fall, but why the heck not since you are already there.

Is the window cleaning ever done without carpet cleaning or is it a package deal?

I agree, especially here in California, way too risky for me to add that.
Out of curiosity what's your price structure on that ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:05 pm

its a great ticket and not a risky service...   thats like saying painting houses is too risky

just have to have common sense and be aware,      no where near as risky as something like tree work

everything has risk,   even carpet cleaning you could get furniture wet and ruin it

gotta use high quality ladders no cheap home depot aluminum and nice leveling legs, plus wall stabilizers

these ladders were expensive but feel so solid, no side to side or flex in the middle on the 28ft, most homes your not even up that high
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:48 am

I agree that there is risk in everything that we do, just wanted to make sure people are thinking safety and not just money.....a big failing in this industry.

I like the idea of window cleanings as it is a task most homeowners want done, but don't want to actually do themselves. I actually strung Christmas lights for customers one year as a promo and it was very popular.

Have you considered going even deeper? Power wash siding, cleaning gutters, etc.?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:44 am

If you are ever starving, clean windows!...I have always been asked here too....I pass unless we just need the work.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:58 pm

definitely aiming at exterior cleaning, siding, controlled pressure washing with recovery like ive talked about before.

This is the main reason why we named the company Hydra Clean NW, and not "something" carpet cleaning

I would probably stay away from gutter cleaning, or sub contract it

mostly want to stick with the services that require special equipment, but window washing was just a no brainer the start up costs were very low.

We did another house the other day, 372.00 for all the panes.. they just had their house painted and the painters wiped the windows with some sort of solvent and left a haze on all of them.

Oh, Dp to answer your question about the pricing.. we are charging $5-8 per pane. If they are hammered and need razoring then usually $8 or extra large windows
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:08 pm

We have a guy here who cleans every window in town (commercial) and just walks it....when he is done with his route he starts over again and keeps going....he cleaned one of my friends shop and charges $10 everytime he does them.....he was there 2 minutes!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:30 pm

Have you looked at "Sky Vac" systems? There is some unique equipment that could be of benefit to you.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:27 pm

ya ive seen those, there have been many inventions made to try and make it easier but none really do a good job.. to be professional u still have to get up there and make sure they are clean, plus clean the debris filters at the top of the down spouts.

one guy invented a really dumb little robot/remote control car that drives through the gutters and cleans them, but its worthless.. u can see videos online making fun of it.

gutters are just more of a roof cleaning type job, ill prob stay away from roof cleaning and gutters..

but patios, walkways, siding, windows, carpets, tile, uph, all fair game
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Yes I saw that remote control.

When I cleaned the tower house the couldn't find any one that would clean the windows
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:10 am

What do you think about this kit to clean skylights AC. Its supposed to make the easier to clean Skylights added our window washing truck! 1cd6197f-6903-447d-943a-91a958fba93a
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:36 am

Hey don't forget to look at the windows. A lot of newer homes have double hung windows that tilt in no ladder needed.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:51 am

ACE Services wrote:Hey don't forget to look at the windows. A lot of newer homes have double hung windows that tilt in no ladder needed.

I was thinking that too after looking at my house....the questions then are does it make it easier for you or does that take away the need for the service?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:09 am

I cleaned windows for 25 years and carpet for 25 years and being that I am only 54 I obviously cleaned both at the same time for many years. If you think window cleaning is less labor than carpet cleaning you're coo-coo. On some jobs sure but not all and not after that many year when your shoulder, knees and wrists are wiped out.

As an add on it isn't near the wear and tear as doing it every day. Not to mention the risk of life and limb. I have the scars to prove it. I would not go back to window cleaning and would not add it on except for one story store fronts.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:41 pm

Mo wrote:What do you think about this kit to clean skylights AC. Its supposed to make the easier to clean Skylights added our window washing truck! 1cd6197f-6903-447d-943a-91a958fba93a

yes we use a pole system just like that with several attachments, its just there in case you run into something out of reach
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:49 pm

Agree with ya Ken! some of the younger guys have the means to pull it off though...AC is a beast! Back in my hay day I bought anything I could make a buck with.....I once bid a painting job in a building because it was empty and didnt need to tape off anything at all, I purchased a Binks airless sprayer and made $3500 above that and started a small painting company with a local painter....he still paints and ironically I will be hiring him to paint my house.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:04 pm

expanding past carpets and tile is very important if you want to get off the wand scrubbing some day

its all cleaning, all of these services can be mastered.. its not like carpentry

and when you have a good list of services it makes it much easier to keep the schedules booked!
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:24 pm

I'm torn on this topic AC. I don't want to hijack anything, but I am always torn on whether it is better to diversify services or specialize?

Every year I wrestle with that one. Which is really better for a business?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down