Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Cleaned carpet that was still wet from another company.

5 posters

Go down

Cleaned carpet that was still wet from another company. Empty Cleaned carpet that was still wet from another company.

Post by Devon07 Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:20 pm

Lady called and said she had an empty place she was moving into and just had carpets cleaned....she said she wasnt happy because of the smell....I thought that was a weird reason to not be happy being that the smell can come from many things....I had my day end quicker than I expected and had time to go see her issue, When I got there I smelled the issue and the smell in question was the famous rental smell...every rental Ive been to from California to Oklahoma has an odor that seems to be kind of the same....any way, I told her I wasnt sure if it was from the carpet but my concern was they were just cleaned and looked dirty to me.....they were pretty wet too.....she asked if I would clean them...I was a little hesitant...I had a feeling something may be wrong...it wasnt. Here are a couple pics of carpet that was cleaned last night and I cleaned today. Hope they attach now that im using firefox things are different.
Attachments
Cleaned carpet that was still wet from another company. Download?action=showthumb&id=237
2xclean 029.jpg (592 Kb) Downloaded 143 times
Cleaned carpet that was still wet from another company. Download?action=showthumb&id=238
2xclean 030.jpg (572 Kb) Downloaded 137 times
Cleaned carpet that was still wet from another company. Download?action=showthumb&id=239
2xclean 033.jpg (629 Kb) Downloaded 131 times
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Cleaned carpet that was still wet from another company. Empty Re: Cleaned carpet that was still wet from another company.

Post by Devon07 Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:24 pm

Sorry for the crappy pics. you can really see how soiled they really were in the last pic.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Cleaned carpet that was still wet from another company. Empty Re: Cleaned carpet that was still wet from another company.

Post by Mo Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:32 pm

The pics that you posted the last time made these look clean.

So were you not able to upload the pics using the host image option?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:40 pm

It prompted me in a different way this time. I didnt have the option to do it the old way.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:30 pm

Looks like a dirty, uncleaned carpet to me...this would have been one of those, bite my toung ones to resist saying "you get what you pay for".

BTW I also use FF and don't have a prob embedding pics. Scott I thought we already worked this out? Twisted Evil
Not to sound like a dick, but call me if you want and will figure it out.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Looks like they cleaned with an emulsifier only through their rinse tank, I see that around here a lot. On light soil, it can work, but on a dirtier carpet, you get what you see.

I would have asked her to identify that other cleaner and then every time you see them on a job, leave a flyer on the door when they leave.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:11 pm

I asked her not to tell me for my own sake...I dont want to be the guy who (and I know me) looks like he tries to down the competition. The carpet seemed over wet, I think he had a weak extraction as it was just too wet and MY goodness the residue was heavy.....when I drained the tank it was like a bubble factory. I had to defoam a few times.

I need to hook up my new computer but its in storage.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:31 pm

I usually dont bash the last guy who did the job because you really have no idea what the carpet looked like before.       Maybe it hadnt been cleaned in 20years and was hammered with grease.    

maybe the customer went over it 20 times with a bissell machine using way too much soap,   so the guy had trouble keeping the foam down and extracting well

we just do our thing,   ace the job and collect the check.    

bashing competition is very very bad business for many reasons
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:36 pm

I agree AC...thats always good practice! I said I didnt want to know...I just want to fix it. this wasnt in bad shape really....they said it just didnt look any better than before he cleaned. plus it was wet and smelled...the smell was enhanced with being disrupted from water and some solution that was really foamy....It smelled like simple green at times but was very foamy. It was a slow process because I had to rinse everything out that someone put in....maybe it wasnt even the carpet guy like AC states. Im safe either way! Wink
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down