Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

end of year push

5 posters

Go down

end of year push Empty end of year push

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:39 pm

So what's your plan to end the year with a bang; marketing wise.?
I'm going to start send out postcards to churches and profession offices.
I use to do 8-9 churches, with a lot of sf. Now its 2. And I'll be doing one of them soon. It'll hurt, 3 days and a lot of sf. Not milspec kinda of SF, but a lot.
And anyone who has done churches knows they are not that dirty Very Happy
I want to get more Dr, DDS, chiro..... Offices. So I'm going to focus on that. Just pick up afew here and there.

Last edited by Matt; My carpet cleaner on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

end of year push Empty Re: end of year push

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:40 pm

The cookie thing worked, Mo.
Now I forgot what the 2 other topics/mssg I wanted to post Shocked
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:43 pm

Churches are a great idea as are medical offices during the winter, but you are missing my favorite and probably easiest to get on a routine schedule.....day care centers!

It is Flu season again and it is the easiest of sells to convince a day care center to get there surfaces cleaned on a monthly if not weekly basis. That means carpets, furniture, tile, counter tops, and everything else you can think of.

The way to win is to explain the sanitizing benefits of the super-heated water, peroxides, and products like Sporicidin. In fact, if you have never used Sporicidin....brush up and start stocking up, you will thank me later.

Remember that those dentist offices and many medical offices are already using Sporicidin as a hand soap and to clean instruments. Telling them that you also use it to help sanitize their offices will close the sale very quickly.

I was about to go door to door this week to lock in those contracts until the deer decided to become an air filter. I will be rolling with the box truck next week now that the propane parts are scheduled to get here this weekend and set myself up for winter work.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:47 pm

http://www.sporicidin.com/products/mold-remediation/cleaning-and-restoration/all/sporicidin(r)-disinfectant-solution
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Jose D Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:07 pm

So far this year, I cleaned for 7 churches. 2 of them are being cleaned twice a year. All the others loved the way we cleaned and want us to call them next year for another cleaning. I just picked up a small monthly account for sleep diagnostic center yesterday. The owner says he has a total of 3 offices that need cleaning. As far as day cares, I had my wife call about 30 today but most say they clean in-house or they are corporate. I got maybe 5 who want us to them info. I figured day care centers would want to be cleaned on a monthly basis. My plan is to get more commercial work that I put on a monthly or quarterly maintenance plan.
Jose D
Jose D

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:06 pm

Jose D wrote:So far this year, I cleaned for 7 churches. 2 of them are being cleaned twice a year. All the others loved the way we cleaned and want us to call them next year for another cleaning. I just picked up a small monthly account for sleep diagnostic center yesterday. The owner says he has a total of 3 offices that need cleaning. As far as day cares,  I had my wife call about 30 today but most say they clean in-house or they are corporate. I got maybe 5 who want us to them info. I figured day care centers would want to be cleaned on a monthly basis. My plan is to get more commercial work that I put on a monthly or quarterly maintenance plan.

Outstanding work....sounds like you are setting up well for winter.

A lot of daycare centers try to do it themselves on the cheap, but most fail badly. Don't give up on them yet, check with the local health department to see how often they are "required" to clean. Push them on the sanitizing aspect and remind them that just one outbreak of flu, measles, chicken pox, or even just strep infection and they will lose nearly all their business for awhile....you are cheap in comparison.

Trust me, leave a flyer or at least business card with these daycare centers and they will be calling you at some point this winter. Also, a good idea to keep dropping those reminders on a monthly bases up through March.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:07 pm

Jose, what state are you in ?

Down here, commercial business is much more cutthroat than residential, I don't care that much for them since I can't compete with 15 cents per sq ft cleaning companies, I can do 15 cents if they have minimum 5000 sq ft or more and willing to do bi monthly or monthly, but usually daycare is pretty small and they frown at my minimum charge ( $ 100 ), churches, well smaller churches are still free of charge, I only charge when they're over 1500 sq ft. I only have 1 church account that's 3000 sq ft and they do twice a year.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jose D Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:49 am

dp1 wrote:Jose, what state are you in ?

Down here, commercial business is much more cutthroat than residential, I don't care that much for them since I can't compete with 15 cents per sq ft cleaning companies, I can do 15 cents if they have minimum 5000 sq ft or more and willing to do bi monthly or monthly, but usually daycare is pretty small and they frown at my minimum charge ( $ 100 ), churches, well smaller churches are still free of charge, I only charge when they're over 1500 sq ft. I only have 1 church account that's 3000 sq ft and they do twice a year.

I'm located in Texas.
Jose D
Jose D

Back to top Go down

Post by Jose D Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:54 am

milspec6 wrote:
Jose D wrote:So far this year, I cleaned for 7 churches. 2 of them are being cleaned twice a year. All the others loved the way we cleaned and want us to call them next year for another cleaning. I just picked up a small monthly account for sleep diagnostic center yesterday. The owner says he has a total of 3 offices that need cleaning. As far as day cares,  I had my wife call about 30 today but most say they clean in-house or they are corporate. I got maybe 5 who want us to them info. I figured day care centers would want to be cleaned on a monthly basis. My plan is to get more commercial work that I put on a monthly or quarterly maintenance plan.

Outstanding work....sounds like you are setting up well for winter.

A lot of daycare centers try to do it themselves on the cheap, but most fail badly.  Don't give up on them yet, check with the local health department to see how often they are "required" to clean.  Push them on the sanitizing aspect and remind them that just one outbreak of flu, measles, chicken pox, or even just strep infection and they will lose nearly all their business for awhile....you are cheap in comparison.

Trust me, leave a flyer or at least business card with these daycare centers and they will be calling you at some point this winter.  Also, a good idea to keep dropping those reminders on a monthly bases up through March.

Great info!
Jose D
Jose D

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:18 pm

Jose D, Churches are an excellent choice for regular business. I have several and one is scheduled for Monday. It's huge and is done about every three months. Fortunately for me they have a big walk behind vacuum I can use first. Encapsulation is the only way to go for large spaces. We use a TM on the heavy traffic areas and a Cimex on the rest. Love those churches.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:10 am

DP, I hear what your saying about freebe for churches. You should re-think that.
I'm involved with recording the tithes received at my church.
Churches can afford to pay, believe me.

I can see that you may do that so the membership knows WHO is doing a great job on the churches carpets.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:11 am

Jose,
Good to see you here.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:DP, I hear what your saying about freebe for churches. You should re-think that.

I can see that you may do that so the membership knows WHO is doing a great job on the churches carpets.

I actually don't have any agenda in cleaning churches for free, I only do free cleaning for smaller churches, the big ones pay full price Very Happy
The smaller ones tend to struggle and a lot of them actually less of a hypocrite than the bigger ones, I'm not judging, just an honest observation.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:53 pm

dp1 wrote:
Matt; My carpet cleaner wrote:DP, I hear what your saying about freebe for churches. You should re-think that.

I actually don't have any agenda in cleaning churches for free, I only do free cleaning for smaller churches, the big ones pay full price Very Happy
The smaller ones tend to struggle and a lot of them actually less of a hypocrite than the bigger ones, I'm not judging, just an honest observation.
I know what you mean. I've seen the churches with the older generation or inner city are struggling. Our local council of churches have been helping the small, low income area churches. With work project (and carpet cleaning). They couldn't do it on their own, I was glad to do my part.
Like any think else, life is about improving and evaluating our situation. Same with the biz
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down