Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

FedEx did it to me again

5 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

FedEx did it to me again Empty FedEx did it to me again

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:04 pm

I have a really cool guitar project on the way from New Jersey. It used to belong to the guitarist of a well known local band and I am going to restore it and locate the owner. Just sounds like a great Holiday adventure...at least if he wants it back, I don't know the whole story yet.

Anyway, I have been viewing the tracking information every night in anticipation as if it was Santa himself flying in form the Pole. Last night it was still a few States away and had an expected delivery date of Tuesday. Well, the door bell rings this morning while I was upstairs in my office and since I wasn't expecting anyone, I walked over to look out the window.

There we go again, the FedEx driver is already jogging back to the truck with a package. I ran downstairs and out the front door, but he was already gone. I checked the slip he left on the door and ran the tracking number.....yup, the damn guitar!!!!

Now it is going to sit in the warehouse until Tuesday since they don't deliver to residential on Mondays....hopefully, without getting smashed up.

No offense Mo, but I am really done with FedEx delivery. The tracking doesn't get updated and the drivers really don't seem to want to deliver to residential. I know the drivers are sort of subcontractors who buy their own trucks, so the sooner they finish the route, the sooner they get to go home, but this is just unacceptable.

I may just be ranting for nothing, but if you can't be bothered to at least wait long enough to press the doorbell twice, then you don't offer any customer service. Evil or Very Mad
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

FedEx did it to me again Empty Re: FedEx did it to me again

Post by dp1 Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:39 pm

I'd have to somewhat agree with you on this, my UPS driver is awesome, he's always the same guy, well unless if he's off of course, when I used to live a block from here ( Condo / townhouse style ) he left a few cases of scotchgard which I was pissed off about and called UPS and complained, I didn't know him then, but after that we moved and he always left packages for me inside my side gate, I offered to clean his carpets for free cause he has a kid that has asthma.
My fedex drivers are always different person, they were mostly nice but they don't seems to remember which door bell in my home that works, good thing they always attempt to re deliver the next day, up to 3 times.
Sorry Rob, that sucks.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:12 pm

My son was working back east. Studio apt. They wouldn't even knock. Just a note, signature required, not at home.
2x on the same package.
2 uninsured packages stolen. Insured one, not.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:37 pm

Ahh man that sucks Rob and no offense taken. If you have the option choose UPS for delivery instead.  It doesn't seem like that driver has the patience to wait till you answer the door. The real ass hole drivers are the one that say they attempted delivery but really didn't.

In the future if something is coming FedEx find out what the delivery date is and make sure you leave a note on your door stating, Fed Ex driver I authorize you to leave package and sign it.

For now I would put that "Sorry we missed you" door tag back on with the OK to leave package unless your afraid of the package getting ripped off.

But then again I haven't worked at fedex in over 15 years so I may not know what the hell Im talking about Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:24 pm

The problem is that it isn't just this driver.

We get a ton of deliveries at the power plant from just about every courier you can think of. The FedEx guys are always very impatient and like to complain to the boss that they were made to wait for 30 minutes....the surveillance cameras show it at 3 minutes.

I just think the use of subcontracted drivers is a bad policy these days. They should pay them by the number of packages delivered.....that might encourage them to make a better effort than the "counting coup" method they employ now of only feeling the need to touch your door.

I wasn't even expecting the guitar until Tues / Wed in the first place, so nothing really changed except that I had the rug pulled out from under me again. Just knowing that I could of had the project on the bench right now irritates the heck out of me.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:28 pm

I got up after only a 3 hour nap last night to make certain that I was going to receive my guitar today. I had my window open so that I would hear every vehicle pull up this time instead of relying on the door bell.

I never heard the truck as he parked 1/2 a block away up the street and carried the box to my door, but this time, he not only rung the doorbell....he rung it twice AND waited!!

Turned out to be a different driver on the route and not my Jessie Owens ninja I normally see....or don't see. This guy was great! We talked guitars for about 10 minutes as he to was a player and swapped some local band suggestions......in other words, customer service!

There is an important business lesson here that translates to us cleaners. Taking a little extra time with the customer makes a huge difference in the over-all experience and that generates a desire to be a repeat customer.

Be a jerk...even once...and you might lose that customer for life. Even worse, that irked customer might steer others away from your company as well....and the others will continue to spread the word until you have lost a lot of business.

All because one guy couldn't be bothered to take a few minutes and make the effort at customer service.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexMason Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:43 am

A little more time to listen your customers and provide them some useful cleaning tips as a gift, always appreciable and shows that how much you are caring for your customers.

AlexMason

http://hydra-int.com/carpet-cleaning.html

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:58 pm

Exactly.

My old route driver was back yesterday. I locked myself in my house all day since I was expecting a new guitar body and didn't want to miss it.

I left a huge note on the door saying that I was upstairs waiting for the delivery, so give me a few seconds after hitting the door bell and I will be down.

I sat there from 8 am until 2 pm and then couldn't take it anymore as I had some errands to get done as well.

When I walked out the front door, the package was on the porch. It didn't require a signature this time, but why would you not push the door bell anyway? Especially when there is a huge note asking you to?

I probably wasted half my day for nothing.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum