Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Screw the UN...I like global warming

4 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Screw the UN...I like global warming Empty Screw the UN...I like global warming

Post by milspec6 Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:14 pm

It is sunny and 47 degrees here in Nebraska and the forecast shows low 50's for the next week! Even better, the lows at night will be right at freezing and not the normal 12 degrees that it has been.

If man is causing global warming....thanks folks, keep it up.

My phone has been blowing up, I think people feel like it is Spring again. This is going to be the best 2 weeks I have ever seen in December, so despite a dead fall, I get to finish the year with a strong rush. Wine

The only funny part is that I just got my heater for the cargo box and purchased more insulation panels.....at least it will be warm installing them. (Pics to follow)
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Screw the UN...I like global warming Empty Re: Screw the UN...I like global warming

Post by Devon07 Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:52 pm

cant wait to see pics! glad you are getting some nice weather...It was 72 today and sun was out and clear as can be ...perfect day! I cleaned one place with a good ticket and scheduled 6 jobs....3 for one lady.her house, her biz and her sons house (couple rooms)
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Screw the UN...I like global warming Empty Re: Screw the UN...I like global warming

Post by dp1 Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:38 am

Lol, I had a feeling you started this thread Rob when I see the title, today is the coldest day of the week here in LA at 68 degrees, lol.
Scott keep reeling them in !!
I actually slow down a little now, I'm sure it will pick up by the end of next week.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Fourth day in a row with Sunny and 58 degrees!

I haven't heard Christmas songs in the store in this kind of weather since leaving Hawaii. I don't care what people say, I am loving it.Cool

I can get some needed repairs and maint. done on the equipment and the phone keeps ringing every day......have 2 houses and full furniture cleanings to do on Friday plus I am booked out until Wed. of next week.

IF it would only stay like this.........damn, snow in the forecast next week.Sad
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Yeah it's been really warm here too, it's close to 80 or may be even a little over 80, but I'm not busy yet, a couple of jobs tomorrow through Friday and 3 or 4 so far Saturday, including one good size commercial job on saturday, hope I can wrap things up by the 22nd and take a few days off for Christmas.
It looks like it's going to be a late rush of jobs for Christmas the way things are going now, I hope it doesn't get to 10 jobs / day the last week before Christmas, it's scary !!

Last edited by dp1 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:43 pm

how could you do 10 jobs in a day? thats like 45min per job with 2 trucks and little travel time
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Two trucks doing 5 jobs each seems very possible if the jobs aren't real large....a couple of apartments, some furniture, etc. can add up quickly if counted separately.

I never get called for the smaller jobs, it is normally a 3 story house and some furniture or else a large commercial. I would like to have some smaller ones, but I don't seem to find that work.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:22 pm

Lol, that's a good problem Rob, I want bigger jobs but seems to get half and half.
AC, we're very efficient with 2 guys each van on Saturdays mostly, a local friend didn't believe me either until he worked with me and we knocked 6 jobs, lol.
We use a good prespray mix and that eliminates a lot of spotting. When I measure the carpets my tech is preparing the hoses, by the time I'm done he gets started right away with the prespray, I get the wand and pull the vacuum hoses behind him and get him started with the cleaning, I put the hydro force back and go back inside with the folder and as I prepare the invoice for customer I pull the hoses as needed, I never let him touch the hoses ever, when he's doing the last room, I checked the customers out with payment and give a copy of invoice. On average we're in and out in an hour 15 minutes times 6 jobs = 7.5 hours plus a couple hours driving time, about 9 hours doing 6 jobs, if 2 vans out generally we're done in 8 hours ( 5 jobs ).
Small jobs 2 - 3 rooms we're usually done in 30 minutes or less, customers are happy cause they can continue with their usual activities instead of being stuck at home for 2 hours waiting for their carpet cleaners to be done cleaning.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:14 pm

thats true, Ive done some 5 job days before... was really packed tight though.

dont forget lunch in there too, cant work on empty
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Lunch ?? What's that ?? Wine laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum