Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Condo Hallways

4 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Condo Hallways Empty Condo Hallways

Post by Rainbow Rider Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:02 pm

Thought I might tell you about a bid I'm going to submit next month. It's 24,000 square feet. First I'm going to meet with the board to give them some education on they're situation. Here it is in a nut shell. They have long (and I do mean long) hallways with very little ventilation. The carpet is a low loop pile medium tan (even color). It has obvious wand marks (caused by wicking) from previous cleaning attempts, and a heavy dirt build up. It's a perfect storm of problems. They have three bids for what the resident manager described as (up there). In reality they are less than 25 cents psf. I'm planning a carpet cleaning 101 session including a walk through of the worst areas with the board in tow. My plan of attack is 1. Thorough vacuum. 2. Application of pre-treatment using a Cimex. 3. Hot water extraction with a truck mount and a wand with glide. 4. Encapsulation after the carpet is dry to smooth out the expected wicking.
I usually do a demo for free, but this time I plan on cleaning one long hallway as described. Cleaning a small area as a demo won't be a true example because it will dry quickly and won't give a true picture of what happens when a long hallway takes a lot longer to dry. To make matters worse they have very limited electrical outlets which preclude the use of air movers and dehumidifiers (which they would likely be opposed to paying for anyway). I'm going to push hard for a regular maintenance program. Sound like a job you'd like to have? affraid

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Condo Hallways Empty Re: Condo Hallways

Post by ACpower1 Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:21 pm

unless you notice residue in carpet I would just start them out with an encap.

but if you feel there is heavier soil load or soapy cleanings in the past then HWE first, encap next 4-5 visits then HWE again.

Ive been working on writing up these proposals for landing commercial accounts. Theres a guy on TMF forum that has lots of golden info
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:01 pm

In my opinion, at least for my area, if their eyeball already almost jumps out of socket hearing $ 0.25 / sq ft, nothing will make them want to pick you if your price is higher, nothing else matter to them but price, I would spend an hour and not a minute longer to try to convince them, especially when you're dealing with board of directors, one or two might be convinced but when they take a vote, they will be outnumbered.
I also would do what AC suggested, that's probably your best shot in keeping your numbers not too far higher than $ 0.25 / sq ft. Remember contract can be breached, I would charge initial cleaning rate and then a more competitive rate if they honor the contract.
Good luck Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:17 pm

Well, let me take a swing at it.

1. I would actually hwe using a good quality encap and combine the two steps by using a rotary extractor. Pick any of them, they will all get the job done. You will get the cleaning that is needed AND the anti-wicking benefits.

2. Find some portable power of some kind. You only need 1-2 air movers of the right kind to do this and that is just one outlet. I have a bunch of Bulldog 2k negative air machines that can blow the drywall off the walls. Forget the carpet cleaning air movers, look to the hazmat guys doing mold or lead abatements for a negative air machine for rent. It will push a ton of air a very long ways.

3. I am concerned about the 25 cents rate, but that might just be a bluff as well. Give them your rate, if they pass, you saved yourself some misery and they will likely call you again after the other guy fails.....sounds like someone already has in the recent past.

I like the size and 25 cents works well on volume jobs. I do a lot of commercial that size for less and it comes out pretty good as long as you can be efficient.

HWE with a good encap beneath a rotary, some air movement, and cash the check.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:19 pm

These are what I like to use......have 4 of them.

https://www.activeforever.com/abatement-technologies-bulldog-bd2kl-negative-air-machine?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp11820639&gclid=CLys7qTGiswCFQIcaQod6QEKYQ
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum