Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Thought I was going to have to ditch my RC-99

5 posters

Go down

Thought I was going to have to ditch my RC-99 Empty Thought I was going to have to ditch my RC-99

Post by Devon07 Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:09 am

After the fall out with Joe Bristor and owning one of his products I knew getting any consumables from him would be an issue...I haven't tried but honestly don't feel comfortable with him having my billing info at this point, kind of sucked but I wont be owned by anyone! So, with some tedious research I finally found the correct filters for the RC-99 I was going to toss mine out this week (RC-99) as I didn't want to use the wrong filter and make it fit. I'm going to make my own filter system, that's what some of my background is anyway and I have the ability to design and manufacture....I'm not going to sell them, lol just make one for me that suits my needs. If anyone is having trouble getting mesh filters pm me and i'll send you in the direction of the perfect filter. I can get them in 25 or 72 count. Wine
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Thought I was going to have to ditch my RC-99 Empty Re: Thought I was going to have to ditch my RC-99

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:14 am

Sounds great!

Did you find the liners with the elastic?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Thought I was going to have to ditch my RC-99 Empty Re: Thought I was going to have to ditch my RC-99

Post by milspec6 Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:24 pm

Buy them buy the case off ebay....if you are referring to the paint strainers.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:02 pm

eBay doesn't have the ones I needed...those were only 5 gallon.

Yes Davey, they have elastic.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:20 pm

should be just 2 gallon elastic paint strainers.

Im getting ready to use my one of my RC99s for a base to make a much improved version.

Probably just going to use the cylinder and make a new lid(clear), then scrape out all the old puddy stuff that leaks and put in some high quality silicone or JB weld it for good.

New lid Im going to make out of thick acrylic with claps to snap it on tight and a much better water proof foam gasket, that rubber stuff sucks ass.

Also going to add a thicker ring around the basket so it wont let so much hair and debris get passed

Was thinking about getting a devastator but $500 is a lot and I think I can just take some time to make the RC99s I already have super air tight
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:14 pm

Hang tight guys, I heard Tony is going to make a filter, I will definitely buy one and test it out for y'all Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:35 am

I would have bought the devastator but wasnt told about it when I asked...well, I was but only after the guy who makes it told me to buy the RC-99 because he thought it was more affordable for me or something.....I try to buy quality. The RC-99 is fairly good but not over time.....so, I'm doing my own as I said. I just got 100 filters as I like to toss them each day...right now I'm out so cleaning it is way over rated.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:30 pm

I change out my filter bags each day or each job on larger cleanings as well....not a big fan of keeping anything that smells in the van at the end of the day. I buy them in lots of 100 and that will last me awhile.

The advice I always give on the filters are this: If you are an owner / operator without techs, get the devastator from Tom. If you have techs running your truck, get the RC99 from Joe.

We all know that techs will not value your equipment the same way that you do as the owner, so I would never let them destroy expensive tools and accessories. They get the old Quad wand and not the Prochem Ti wand for example otherwise you get a bent up or lost tool pretty quick.

The RC99 is a great filter for the money. I'm not trying to sell anyone on it, it just is. Every cleaner can afford one and they are almost the same price as the inferior plastic pool-style filters that are still showing up on cleaner's trucks.

I do seal off the end cap with windshield self-filling silicone from NAPA and have never run into a problem with leaks. The only issue I have ever run into are with the basket tabs breaking on the older versions.

As long as you seal the end cap and lift up on the filter to help your machine dry up the filter before shutting down, you will not have dirty water leaking and making a mess.

I do like Tom's filter and actually like the wand design as well, but right now the gains do not extend past the price for me. If the filter was under $250....I would probably go with it, but I don't see that happening.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down