Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Flash Cuffs

+2
Davey Cracker
Devon07
6 posters

Go down

Flash Cuffs Empty Flash Cuffs

Post by Devon07 Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:15 am

After using my Flash Cuffs now for a couple months I'm extremely happy! Ive always used the cuffs that came with the hoses Ive purchased. I am more than happy with them and will always own them from this point forward. Ive had no problems what so ever with them....I did however lube them a little to keep them working freely, as with like anything they will wear. Love em! Flash Cuffs and my electric hose reel are my favorite purchases....I do like the Cleanco 47 in general too. FYI! coctail
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Flash Cuffs Empty Re: Flash Cuffs

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:15 am

Are the flash cuffs the ones with the button you push to unlock it?

Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:28 pm

I do like those Cleanco units, glad to hear it is working out well for you.

I am always tempted to get rid of the Butler van, but the direct drives are just so simple to operate I can't convince myself to dump it.

In fact, I might upgrade it this fall for a good winter rig. Butler, Cleanco, or even the Sapphire would be a nice addition.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:06 pm

Yes Davey.,...the button push...if you're not using them, you need to. I was torn but knew it couldn't get worse so I got me some and Damn! they are the shiznit. I hate to buy something and it not be much better then what I was replacing, these were 20 steps forward.

Rig out with them and if you dont like them, i'll buy them. Wink
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:22 pm

In regards to the Cleanco, at 250 hours I had the hour meter break and had the exchange next day...(great warranty service) then I had a hose melt that was touching a manifold and weakened....had a new one made fast and was back in biz.....also had my van get a little hot because my heat exchange leaked and freaked me out....turned out it just loosened up, so, it needed to be tightened. it runs like it did the first day. I find myself turning heat down rather then up....it delivers the heat.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:02 pm

Good info, I saw another Mytee cuffs that has thread ( not pushed ), I wanted to purchase a set just to test as well as curious if that's interchangeable with Joe's cuffs. I'm sure if it is, JB will be thrilled to hear that Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:08 pm

Apparently the pushed cuffs are hydro force, not mytee, the mytee cuffs are threaded, not pushed.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Whatever they are, they rock! I dont care who owns them or who made them as long as they are respectable. If you dont have a set DP...get them.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Like my flash cuffs. Can take a beating and keep on cleaning.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:11 pm

I'm getting one set of flash cuffs and one set of mytee cuffs next time I order from JD and will compare them all.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Sun May 01, 2016 6:07 am

I recently one a door prize at my local distributer. An mytee hog filter( love it!) and a whole set of mytee cuffs. Mytee cuffs sort of work with kool kuffs, can be tough to get them seated all the way though. I went to my local dist to get a couple more sets of MYtee cuffs and they sold me ones with o-rings instead of rubber bands. The o-rings promptly got sucked into the filter and never saw them again. I asked dist to exchange them and the played dumb. ConTACTED mYTEE AND THEY PLAYED DUMB. These were the older stock and nobody wanted to admit it or exchange them. That's what they sent us, dist claimed, don't know what your talking about MYtee said. F' em both. In this day and age? Just about to go all Mytee cuffs and this is how I am treated. To boot the Mytee cuffs will either be to loose or to tight and need a Channel lock plier to loosen. Not a great design. Been getting emails from Joe Brister company about sales and lower prices on Kool Kuffs. Thought I was banned. Need to check out the Flash cuffs.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun May 01, 2016 6:55 am

El D....trust me and get the Flash Cuffs! if you don't like them I will buy the from you for a back up on my set, if and when they wear out. Just last night I strung out ALL my hoses for a restaurant and was thanking the whole "Flash Cuff" idea as they made life just a little easier with a major hose drag out....mine do not leak, they snap together easily and definite. They swivel and get a little better when they get some wear. I think you will be surprised with these cuff. I like doing upholstery a little better now because hoses cooperate more with a quick acting swivel when I'm about to get in a bind.

Smile
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Thu May 05, 2016 4:22 am

Devon07 wrote:El D....trust me and get the Flash Cuffs! if you don't like them I will buy the from you for a back up on my set, if and when they wear out. Just last night I strung out ALL my hoses for a restaurant and was thanking the whole "Flash Cuff" idea as they made life just a little easier with a major hose drag out....mine do not leak, they snap together easily and definite. They swivel and get a little better when they get some wear. I think you will be surprised with these cuff. I like doing upholstery a little better now because hoses cooperate more with a quick acting swivel when I'm about to get in a bind.

Smile

Just ordered all new flash cuffs for my vac hose. Tired of prying, twisting, wrapping vacuum connections. Going all in. Ordered from JON DON- best price and shipping. Mytee kuff lynx and JB cool cuffs are going the way of the dinosaurs for me. Hope these work as well as advertised.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 am

How old are your Cool Cuffs El? If they aren't too old, throw them in a box...I might buy them.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu May 05, 2016 11:53 am

I got mine from Jon Don too. let me know how you like them ....and I'm serious I'll buy them if you don't like them. Last night we did an Applebees restaurant and with all the twists and turns and table legs....if even once they twisted to help me in some way it was worth it.....but they helped several times! I also like the quick change out when I get to where I can take one hose off and wrap it up as I'm getting closer to being done. They bring a level of professionalism too. Wink
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu May 05, 2016 9:08 pm

Charles, what don't you like about mytee cuff lynx ? Do you have the swivel ones or non swivels ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Tue May 10, 2016 4:53 am

dp1 wrote:Charles, what don't you like about mytee cuff lynx ? Do you have the swivel ones or non swivels ?

I have both.
#1 2 different designs, rubber band seal or o-ring seal ( end up in your filter with 1 use.)
#2 Difficult to lock or too easy to lock
#3 swivels so much that they come undone, or won't swivel at all
#4 Need to have channel lock pliers to remove stuck together cuffs
#5 Leaks air due to the above mentioned reasons

Will use flash cuffs today for the 1st time will let you know how it goes.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Wed May 11, 2016 4:36 am

OK, 1 day of use........... and love them, thinking I am never going back. Best feature of this product is not the quickness of connecting 2 hoses- (which is completely awesome and will save a lot of wasted time grappling with twist style cuffs) but rather the ability to swivels FREELY which it's 2 competitors fail miserably at. Devon was dead on target with that benefit. Rolling up your hoses at jobs end is soooo much easier if the cuff swivels. There was a slight amount of air leakage due to the design, I could hear it at each union, but the vacuum seemed stronger than before. If these hold up to every day use this is a no brainer game changer.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed May 18, 2016 10:30 am

Glad they work for you El d....Mine seem to get better as they get broke in. Just yesterday I had my first little issue....one that never gets disconnected caught some debris and was hard to disconnect....a little twist and moving it around broke it free....just needed cleaned. I dont have any air leaks that I can hear....make sure you are twisted on real good....I gave mine a clean cut section to twist onto.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Thu May 19, 2016 4:55 am

Devon07 wrote:Glad they work for you El d....Mine seem to get better as they get broke in. Just yesterday I had my first little issue....one that never gets disconnected caught some debris and was hard to disconnect....a little twist and moving it around broke it free....just needed cleaned. I dont have any air leaks that I can hear....make sure you are twisted on real good....I gave mine a clean cut section to twist onto.

They are the best thing since sliced bread, another benefit- my filter always stays upright, instead of flopping on it's side because the OTHER cuffs refuse to swivel under load. I always seal my vac cuff connections . I wrap the vac hose with self sticking Nashua silicone tape to take up any gaps and then apply good quality silicone sealant. This way it is sealed tight but can be removed to re-use the cuff if needed.
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu May 19, 2016 11:53 am

Awesome! Glad they worked for you. I'm getting another set to have a backup...I'm spoiled with mine and can't see doing it any other way now.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down