Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Chemical observations

3 posters

Go down

Chemical observations Empty Chemical observations

Post by milspec6 Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:17 pm

I have cleaned for over 15 hours of commercial carpet in a 24 hour period. I am a little beat, but in that time, I also ended up using 3 different presprays and thought I would pass on some observations.

Due to my chemical sensitivities to many solvents, I have been trying to stay with safer products. Last night, the building was so trashed that I couldn't see anything working very well form the safer side of the aisle. I mean they had been averaging over 2500 people through it each day and we hadn't cleaned it in 2 months!

The hottest thing that I had was Redline Enzyme boosted with some citrus solvent. I needed something stronger, but the Redline was an okay product that seemed very similar to Extreme Clean minus the higher ph. Cleaned okay, but not a favorite.

Then we cleaned another building with Slop and Gobble. The building only had light to medium soil and it did a fine job on it, but left some spots behind from spilled coffee and sodas. Low odor was nice and one great thing was that it cleaned up my sprayer and left me with a "like new" fan spray again. I just wish it had a little more horsepower.

Then today, we ran into a large ball room. Carpet was in pretty good shape with light soil for the most part with some cake frosting, coffee spills, and maple syrup in the mix. There was also some lingering "stale" smell to the room.

I finally broke out the Grease Eraser for this one. Cleaned up really nice....got the frosting, coffee, and even the syrup came out with out resorting to spotters. The staff arrived and commented on how nice it smelled...although it is very light. It really seemed like a winner, but this was not a trashed carpet either.

So, thus far, I am leaning towards the Grease Eraser for my commercial work. I will have to play around and see what boosters would be needed for the more trashed arenas, but certainly feels like a strong candidate.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Chemical observations Empty Re: Chemical observations

Post by ACpower1 Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:13 pm

grease eraser is a great product.    

For commercial and any residential that is heavily soiled or heavy pet urine job I run the hydro force at 500-550 psi, you mentioned you wish it had more power.    

Always was 350-400 before but going a bit higher really does give you good penetration and you dont have to spend as much time pre spraying.     Doesnt really seem to affect dry times much.

Also usually never went 500 for wanding residential,   always stayed at 400 but lately Ive been running around 500 and the heat increase is incredible.     I seemed to me before that pressure wouldnt increase heat ,  but higher flow the heat reaches you faster.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:38 pm

Good observations. I to run at 500 on commercial with only 300 on residential, but yes, the greater flow gives better heat...big time.

I cleaned a ball room yesterday that was 240 feet long. I used a drag wand method with my Mach 15 wand and by the time I reached about 25 feet, I had to let go of the wand due to heat.

Now this is on an old Butler unit (you know the one that many people complain about only getting luke warm water?) and I was registering 193 degrees AT the wand.

I ended up with a nice blister on my hand before the day was over and melted 3 layers of latex gloves. Greater the flow....greater the heat, especially on heat exchanger systems.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:01 pm

Yeah you should play around with grease eraser on more soiled carpets, I would put an extra scoop or two on heavy soiled carpets.
I also set the hwe at 500 psi on all the jobs I do due to the heat that you guys are talking about, the hotter the water, the faster it evaporates.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down