Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Voodoo Dolls

3 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Voodoo Dolls Empty Voodoo Dolls

Post by milspec6 Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:40 pm

Okay, which one of you goobers have me in a Voodoo Doll? My string of luck can't possibly be a coincidence.

As you know, it has been a bad 10 days for me with all the disasters happening with my trucks, weather, etc. I finally got over one hurdle and fixed up my TNT pump problems so that I have a working machine again.

I was starting to feel better about things and was talking to ACE about that very thing when water started dripping from behind the light fixtures in my kitchen. I rushed upstairs to find my bathroom flooded....everything was under water.

The city was testing the sewer lines today for leaks by pressurizing them along with smoke. Well, the bastards blew the line right up and out of my toilet and sink!!! It took me 3 hours to get things cleaned up and now I have to tear out some drywall as well.

Can't wait to see what will happen next? I have to find an exorcist or something. Shocked
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Voodoo Dolls Empty Re: Voodoo Dolls

Post by Mo Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Aren't you used to have those valves at the main to prevent back flow?  Might have to keep my distance until this string of bad luck runs out ya
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:18 am

All newer construction have those back flow valves installed, but my house was built in 1860 before the town showed up. There is no check valve and I don't want to dig up the entire yard down 12 feet to install one.

I am pretty certain that the same thing happened to large parts of town by the phone messages that I received. I did not have any plans to remodel my bathroom nor to tear into the ceiling before, but they are on the "to do" list now.

In about 4 hours I will be driving out to a very small village about 34 minutes away to provide a quote for mold abatement on a HUD home that someone is trying to flip. Not even GPS or google can find the address either.

Then I will be cleaning the offices of my insurance company....without them seeing the propane heater and tank. It might get a little tricky if it blows up or catches fire. Very Happy

Then I get to start on the butler repairs....pretty sure that will be nightmare.

Deep cleansing breath......
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:19 am

You can look at it two ways Rob. #1 Oh crap one more thing to go wrong whats next.Been there know how you feel big time.
#2 Look at it this way now you know what to do to fix it when you git the call from everyone else to come clean up their house. So you will get work from them and then you can pay for your repairs at home. I guess you could call it a vicious cycle but you could be one the others just paying for repairs.
I'm sure that the town is getting calls from angry customers about this seems they should have thought about this before they did this test.
I know its probability not where they want it installed but is there anyway you could install that back-flow valve under the house before it goes under the ground, that would at least protect the house. Just a thought. You will survive and over come my friend.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:32 am

That is an interesting idea ACE.....will have to look into that.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:43 pm

I think I have turned it around....maybe.

Started the day with an intestinal bug that has sent me to about every bathroom in a tri-city area over the last 9 hours, but I did run into a guy asking me for a job.

Here is where things turned. He has been out of the military for 3 years now due to an injury to his knee. For 2 of those 3 years, he had been working for a small shop that built heating coils for pressure washers. Hippo

He will be repairing mine the right way once I pull it out again. That is a bit of good luck that I can be happy about. Now if I could eat again soon, that would be nice as well.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum