Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Getting Busy

+4
steamprony
ACpower1
Mo
milspec6
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Getting Busy - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting Busy

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:00 am

Just returned...even later this time (3:50 am). I was delayed by an unscheduled activity for 2 hours and then I had to fight with my prespray (Redline) so it took even longer.

I am beat this time around and plan to stay in bed until at least noon. I wish you luck with that Cimex machine Mo, I never found them all that helpful except to prescrub with. On a regular maintenance program...yes, but not for the calls of restorative cleaning which is most of them

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:00 am

Not a big fan of straight encaping with a cimex or CRB. I use the Orbot for commercial glued down when its not too trashed
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:56 am

Mo wrote:Not a big fan of straight encaping with a cimex or CRB. I use the Orbot for commercial glued down when its not too trashed

Yup, that is my thoughts as well.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:33 pm

straight encap with crb its not great but cimex is an awsome tool for encap, actually many consider it the best
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:35 pm

I think when its restoration the only choice is to wand it.

but a cimex should clean just as well as any other op machine with the right pads
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:18 am

I heard great things about VLM on commercial carpets mainly from Dave but I just haven't been sold on it just yet, I feel with 1500 sq ft / hour productivity with HWE have been working well for me, even at $ 0.25 / sq ft, I still make over $ 300 / hour on a decent size commercial work.
I need to borrow / rent cimex and use it on my carpets to see how well it performs.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:43 am

All I know, is what I have heard from MANY other cleaners. One I know pretty well doesn't have one, but wants one. He offers VLM for commercial too.

From what I derive, all VLM's do about the same job, it's just the Cimex is king of Sq Ft an hour. Nothing beats it. So if encap is your thing, or meaning you offer it and are good with it, then it's really beneficial if you do a lot of commercial carpets.

I've also heard that if you run employees, this this is king there too. It doesn't take much to train someone to run it, and it is better than the mistakes an employee can make with a wand or rotary.

As a side note, I bought my carpet machine from excellent supply. I got it on a 18 month interest free finance. They sell Cimex's and run that deal a few times a year. Other than cash, it's about the cheapest way to buy equipment. Not pimping anyone in particular, but maybe can save someone some money.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:37 pm

Freemind1 is correct about Excellent Supply being a great resource if you decide to pull the trigger on a Cimex. They really do have great customer service from what I have experienced.

As for the VLM on commercial, I hate to be "that guy", but I just don't like it. I have yet to get a commercial job that didn't include gum, tar, and lots of fine sand from the parking lot.

By the time you vacuum the area well and spot treat all those gum/tar deposits, you lose any time that VLM would have saved IMHO. Scrubbing fibers that include fine silt/sand is a bad thing, while you can get away with it running a wand without vacuuming first.

I had a sub that became a 100% VLM cleaner. Not because it was better or even equal, but because he was lazy and that VLM method fit his work ethic. He is doing well with it, but is limited to small commercial spaces like small shops and offices, which really doesn't take long to wand anyway.

What would be really interesting would be to set up a challenge between a Cimex and wand on various sized commercial accounts to see how they compare directly. If I could find a Cimex for a couple of days, I would certainly be interested in testing my beliefs.

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:01 pm

Some times VLM is more time consuming with spot treating , plugin in cords, changing pads and if its not up to par you have to pull out the TM anyways.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:41 pm

Love the new Avatar Mo, does it mean you are hitting the lake more or just wishful thinking?
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:13 am

About 4 weeks ago I had the opportunity to the lake 3 days in a row. i stayed at my moms house in Phoenix is close to the lake. I have only been back once since then. We get crazy monsoon weather in AZ July and August

It tough to get three people to go so that I can pull a tuber. Im going to get into fishing so that I have another way of enjoying myself on the water
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by IamJoel Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:53 pm

milspec6 wrote:Despite having a dead couple of weeks, things are now ramping up into a frenzy.  The storms have brought a fair amount of work and the commercial side is getting crazy with many new buildings being added.

I know that many don't like to clean commercial buildings.  Most are boring affairs that provide mind-numbing expanses of carpet and at a late hours.  I say most...not all.  Mid-September will include this building.  Deodorizing, sanitizing primate area, tile in the bathrooms, and there is even some carpet in there somewhere.  Never ran hoses across a rope bridge before, so that will be a new experience.

Getting Busy - Page 2 Jungle10

Getting Busy - Page 2 Jungle11

Wow! As in WOW! This is very interesting and yeah, it will keep you busy, but seeing this photo I must say that getting busy is nothing as long as you enjoy it and you love doing it. Keep us posted dude Wink

IamJoel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2