Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Anyone ride ?

+2
milspec6
dp1
6 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone ride ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone ride ?

Post by Freemind1 Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:00 am

https://hudsonleather.com/

That is THE place, to buy leather here.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:38 am

The taylors leather page can't be opened Bob.
Hudson leather has good prices but I don't see anything I like, thanks James Very Happy
I'm also still on the verge between motorcycle jackets and leather jackets, motorcycle jackets have those pads on elbows and backs sometimes which can be uncomfortable but they should provide extra protections.
I definitely will need all the protections I can get riding in my area, there is a reason I pay $ 30 more / month in insurance when I moved here 8 years ago without any tickets or accidents on our record and I found out soon enough why that is, people got into accidents because they applied their way of driving back in Asia in here, I don't get it.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:56 am

http://taylorsleatherwear.com/
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:00 am

You could try one of these suits.....yes, it is actually a real product.

Anyone ride ? - Page 2 Storm-10
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:54 pm

Put on a leather jacket and bang you elbow on a wall now pout on your jacket with armor and do the same thing, Which one hurts more Very Happy Very Happy

Leather has the best prices on riding gear since the riding season is ending they have a lot of deals going on right now

http://www.leatherup.com/c/Mens-Motorcycle-Jackets-Closeouts/3/1252.html
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:07 pm

Thick leather is a wonderful thing. Ever look at striking gloves? When I used to be into boxing, I spent a lot of time working with a 150 lb heavy bag made of cordura. I wore leather striking gloves....no padding...just thick leather.

No bruising of knuckles and more importantly, no abrasions from glancing blows against the rough cordura. In a wreck, it is the tumbling and abrasions that do the most damage and not the impact. That is why a jacket is so snug, it will not catch on things and keeps your arms supported at your sides to stop the "rag doll" effect.

I would stick with a thick cowhide jacket over anything else.....along with good gloves, helmet, and at least a thick pair of jeans. You would never see me on a bike in shorts, t-shirt, and flip-flops like the fools that I see around here.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:15 pm

Yeah road rash has got to suck. Check out the link DP leather armour 200-300 bucks
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:33 pm

All this talk about road rash, rag doll tumbling, and impacts might be getting Dp spooked. Let me throw out another one to finish the job. Very Happy

Back on base (Camp Pendleton) in the early 90's, I had 2 members of my squad die in a motorcycle accident. They were racing each other late at night and when they rounded a turn, they were met with an oncoming car without headlights. They both swerved to avoid it at high speeds.

One rider when down and flew over the handle bars. He didn't tumble at all, but slid superman style almost 150 feet. When they rolled him over, they found that the pavement ground down his helmet and face....his brain fell out when they moved him.

The second rider went wide and in doing so, hit a tree nearly head on. He stuck his arm out in defense before the impact. We found his arm stuck through the tree like an arrow and his body about 50 feet away.

The base banned all motorcycles for 2 weeks while they conducted a "safety stand-down" to drive home the risks involved in riding....especially when riding like idiots at high speeds.

Dp is clearly not that kind of guy. Still, the need to ride very defensively cannot be emphasized enough. When you drop a bike these days (too nerdy for crash bars any more) bones will be broken. At least on my police bike, it was wrapped in crash bars all around so that I never hit the pavement at all when I laid the bike down....still broke my wrist though when I struck the car.

Ride safe man.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:40 am

the single most important thing to wear when your riding,   I could have been paralyzed from the wreck I had on my gsxr1000 had I not been wearing that exact one.     Guy on an r1 slammed into the back of me trying to pass me in a corner (be careful who you ride with)

jackets do not provide the same protection,    many have spine protectors but not as solid as having it tightly strapped to your chest like a bullet proof vest.      I literally slid on the spine protector like a turtle so I was told, have no memory of the wreck after feeling the hit from behind.     You wear it under your riding jacket and you wont even notice its there after a bit.  

I got so comfortable always having it,   then I went snowboarding and I felt naked without it..   rode the gsxr one time without and felt naked again.  

wore it snowboarding the next time I went and it was great      

Anyone ride ? - Page 2 44457d1236224807-help-choosing-back-protector-fa_vest_310x312
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:49 am

I guess ill join in the scare tactics lol

A kid I had gone riding with before fell off i90 right in down town seattle.     150ft to his death with his bike.  

a honda with some idiot kids enticed him to speed then ended up cutting him off.   his mistake to take the bait but a scary way to go out for sure.        

I wasnt there but another guy was up ahead looked back and his buddy was no where to be seen he was stumped and went looking for him then saw the debris on the road.         he fell into the metro bus station 150ft below and died on impact

I tried to google the news article and was surprised how many motorcycle deaths there have been since in seattle,   even a bunch where the rider fell off of the bridge...   couldnt even find the article.

another guy I knew was riding with his sister on the back going about 40mph on an arterial when a kid in a subaru pulled out right in front of them at the last second,     Brandon was killed on impact and his sister suffered major brain trauma but survived.

Last edited by ACpower1 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:57 am

I finally gave up riding when I couldnt sit on a sport bike for more than an hr without my hip hurting and my knee cramping up.       both injuries were from that accident.    

ive since mostly healed but we have the absolute worst drivers here in the entire US,  and when your on a bike anyone around you could kill you at any moment with the wrong move.     you always think you can dodge it and most of the time you can, but when it happens you never saw it coming and its happening before you even realize whats going on.

the stereo types are true about old asian women,   and soooooo many people texting while driving I see it every single day im up high in the work truck.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:06 am

Thats the big one AC the smart phones and drivers surfing the net and texting while driving.

Back in my early 20s I was a courier using my bike and logging 150 miles per day in the streets of LA.  It was like like the cars were trying to kill you. You ride defensibly and trust no one.

I think we just convinced DP to sell his bike Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:22 am

I don't think we can get Dp to sell the bike.....he might move to Iowa though.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:01 pm

Lol you guys are funny !
No I get it guys, I had 5 motorcycle accidents back home in Indonesia when I was young, one of them is a big one, up to this day I didn't know what caused it, I blacked out, woke up and wondering why I have bruises all over my body.
I'm riding safe, so far Very Happy
The good thing about my bike is it's loud, I revved it earlier in the 1st gear, went to 50 mph and a car was almost going into my lane but because it was around 8000 rpm, he heard me, plus I just got my HID light bulbs and I installed them earlier.
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the horror stories Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Could just go dressed as a clown....I hear that works to keep people away.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:56 pm

So check this out, yesterday when I was driving my cargo van, hit an intersection with traffic lights went out, stop signs are placed on each line divider, that's 2 signs at each side, I stopped and took off, saw this Mercedes sprinter van drive full speed at me, I brake as hard as I can, he saw me and brake too, our bumper corners almost "kissed", I was calmed, Danny wasn't, of course he was on the passenger side, lol, the sprinter's driver was calmed, his passenger pissed off, mouthing off and raising his hands up like "what are you doing ?" motion, I was pissed off and gave him the finger and I just took off slowly, I thought of this immediately, if I was on my bike and he hit me like that, I would've been dead or seriously injured, that thought scared the crap out of me, I'm riding safe and will continue to do so, and definitely would look right and left whenever I'm passing through intersections, these drivers can't be trusted.
Another thing is I was on guard of my van earlier today cause we had to park on the only driveway in this condo complex due to no parking on the street ( one way street ), as I was standing there in just short 30 minutes I saw 2 cars ( different times ) going the wrong way, despite people honking and telling them that it's a one way street ! I was thinking these people are the reason why I'm paying high insurance prices, shaking my head the whole time.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:49 pm

milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:55 pm

Man, motorcycle accessories and service sure is expensive ! Just bought a jacket, not even a leather, $ 137 !! Gloves $ 27 !! I haven't even bought boots yet, the cheapest I found was $ 90 !! That's not even attractive looking boots. The good looking ones are $ 500 and above !!

Motorcycle service costs also outrageous, I think I'm going to start a motorcycle repair business, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Service costs are expensive, slow, and often hard to find.

Around here, if it doesn't say Harley on the side, nobody knows how to work on them. I had to tune and balance the 4 carbs on my Kawasaki myself because nobody seemed to know how to do it.

No hobby is cheap any more.....ask a boat owner.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Yeah? Tell me about it DP!

Oil change for my Polaris UTV is 200 bucks. One filter, two quarts of synthetic. Full service, all fluids is about 500.

I think they are 150 an hour for labor.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:03 pm

Freemind1 wrote:Yeah? Tell me about it DP!

Oil change for my Polaris UTV is 200 bucks. One filter, two quarts of synthetic. Full service, all fluids is about 500.

I think they are 150 an hour for labor.

That is brutal....costs less to change the oil on a Porsche.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:41 pm

So after 6 months, I finally listed my bike for sale on CL earlier today, it's been fun but during the short time I ride it, I realized this is a bike for 20 years old, not 40 years old, I ride crazy once or twice but responsible craziness, not super fast, but fast through traffic and wheelied it up a bit when people purposedly trying to block me from lane splitting ( which had been legalized a few months ago ), I feel like I did it in the most reasonable manner ( of course if I see a video of it, I might say sheeettt, lol ) but this bike has got way too much torque and power for me.
I feel like I don't use it for what's it designed for, it's almost like you set your equipment at "upholstery" setting while you're supposed to set it at "single wand".
Riding season is almost here and I listed it at $ 6500, hopefully I'll get close to that since the market price is somewhat higher than that amount.
I'm sure I'll miss it, but you guys are right, the risk of injury is so great around here, people just don't pay attention, their heads are always down to their phones, if their insurance is minimum ( 15 / 30 ), the most I'll get is 30 k which is not even going to cover medical costs if something were to happen.
I might get a Harley sportster or something like that I never the future but I'll take another break from riding.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:09 pm

Aha yeah those crotch rockets are uncomfortable thats why i like cruisers
.Perfect time to put it up for sales too

From what I recall riding in Cali, white lining was legal if it was bumper to bumper
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:15 am

White lining = lane splitting ? If it is, then yes it's been legalized since 3 - 4 months ago.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Speaking of motorbikes. Rig one of those engines up to a blower and pump...
You see where I'm going with this?
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next