Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

How would you answer this?

4 posters

Go down

How would you answer this? Empty How would you answer this?

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:41 am

An online review was left for a competitor ("special water" people) which was interesting. If your customer would have left this regarding your business, how would you respond? What would be your thinking?

First, the guys who came were super-nice, and at first, I was impressed. The 2 stars instead of one is for the guys. But about 2 weeks after they were here, one of my cats spilled his water bowl on the carpet they'd cleaned. Just water, no big deal. I grabbed paper towels to mop it up and prevent mold...the paper towels came away GRAY with dirt. I was shocked. This wasn't months later, or in a high traffic area. The towels should have been wet but not dirty. I won't have them back because their cleaning method apparently doesn't *clean*. Nice employees, but I wasted my money. :-(
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

How would you answer this? Empty Re: How would you answer this?

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:03 pm

After 23 years I have come to the determination, that no matter how much I clean an area; they may get some "grey" if blotting a wet spill.
I'm a carpet cleaner, not a carpet cleanest.
Today I was doing a rental, and this one area kept pulling grey water. With my RV, I went back and forth 5-6x. Looks better, dry passed it real good. Done. Clean? More like cleaner and looks better.
Disclaimer; I'm not a carpet cleanest.

To clarify, this would not be my response to a customers review.

Last edited by Matt; My carpet cleaner on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:24 pm

I remember watching a video years ago where one cleaner used a Steamin Demon extractor and the other pad-capped. When they both finished, they ran a bonnet over the Demon side....dark grey pad.

The encap cleaner smiled big at the results until he went back and dropped a bonnet on his side....dark grey pad.

Both agreed that you can't get all of it and some soil will remain.....which is true every single time. We use prespray and agitation to suspend the soil and then flush it away with water, so the water and soil is mixed. If the carpet is still wet when you are done, then there is still a percentage of dirty water left behind. Now drop a tablespoon of dirt into sink of water and tell me how much of a mess it can make.....it takes very little when suspended in water.

In this company's case, the problem is their advertising. They over-claim the effectiveness of their service by claiming that they leave "zero residue" and only use "special water" to clean the carpet. Add a list of BS charges like "disposal fees" and you have a customer that pays a premium only to find that reality and sales aren't always the same.

As the advice goes, always under-promise and over-deliver.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:17 pm

How I would answer that ? Just like Matt said, no answer, however I would contact the customer and invite him to a demo of re clean a few square footage of areas in his home as many times as he deemed that it's cleaned properly to prove that it's going to be still gray when blotted with clean towel / paper towels, now I also would like to challenge him that if we spend that much time proving that to him, if it's still gray and we give him a refund, he will take the review off the internet, it's only fair for the both of us.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:16 pm

That is really the issue, education and understanding. Once you educate the customer you will both be on the same page and misunderstandings will not lead to a negative review.

I think you might be surprised how many cleaners don't realize that the paper towel will always come up gray, it isn't just the customers.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by steamprony Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:08 pm

Yes, exactly. The matter of proper education and understanding. They need a proper demo of this to make them understand it.
steamprony
steamprony

http://www.steamprony.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down