Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Customers and Cats are very similar at times

3 posters

Go down

Customers and Cats are very similar at times Empty Customers and Cats are very similar at times

Post by milspec6 Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:47 pm

We have been getting a steady diet of nice weather this past week in Nebraska. Highs in the mid-40's with lows in the mid-20's...a blessing this time of year and it has kept the phones ringing going into the next holiday.

I had 2 today that want to book for next week. Great, I have nothing scheduled for Tues or Wed. and the temps are forecasted to be around 50 degrees. They tell me that they want Thursday and Friday where the highs will be in the teens and lows in the single digits with strong winds and flurries.

I gave them the weather forecast and suggested that we choose earlier in the week, but both are persistent about their choice. In both cases, they have family visiting for the weekend so they want to clean right before they arrive....I don't see how a couple of days earlier would matter, but I can't seem to get my point across.

Sometimes a customer just doesn't listen to reason.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Customers and Cats are very similar at times Empty Re: Customers and Cats are very similar at times

Post by dp1 Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:25 am

I know you always put fans and carpets will be almost dry or completely dry by the time you leave, but this might be the time you let them know that by saving a day or two from any accidents, doesn't help them if dry times take a lot longer, maybe scare them a little bit, let them know that doing them on Tuesday or Wednesday, dry times will be a couple of hours while doing them on Thursday or Friday dry times can take 12 hours or longer, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Customers and Cats are very similar at times Empty Re: Customers and Cats are very similar at times

Post by milspec6 Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:27 am

I have been thinking about adding to the price instead for "winterization costs" for days below freezing. I have never done that before, but it is a truthful variable and maybe that will help them to understand my suggestion.

Just surprised that they don't see the value in doing it ahead of the weather shift.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:04 pm

dp1 wrote:I know you always put fans and carpets will be almost dry or completely dry by the time you leave, but this might be the time you let them know that by saving a day or two from any accidents, doesn't help them if dry times take a lot longer, maybe scare them a little bit, let them know that doing them on Tuesday or Wednesday, dry times will be a couple of hours while doing them on Thursday or Friday dry times can take 12 hours or longer, lol.
I think I've done that once or twice;)
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:06 pm

Once or twice only ? Are you sure Matt ? Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down