Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Sympathy Factor

5 posters

Go down

Sympathy Factor Empty Sympathy Factor

Post by milspec6 Fri May 04, 2018 8:35 pm

I ran into 2 old co-workers of mine today around town. It was odd bumping into 2 of them on the same day after not seeing them for 2 years. They both complained about their jobs and all the over-time and told me how jealous they were at my success since leaving the plant. Then it was my turn to tell them that it has not been successful at this point and that I was trying to go back to work for months now.

Both of them seemed more upset than me like I was the Indian who escaped from the asylum in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and they needed to believe that they could escape some day as well. They both told me that they could find me a lot of work in their neighborhoods and took 70 flyers from me to distribute in their areas. One even posted about me on his Facebook page.

So, I guess I have some elves out there trying to get me back on top instead of seeing me go back to work. It really felt like it was important to them that I succeed for their own sake. I never expected that angle in marketing, but if it helps, I will certainly be happy with it. Otherwise, I am scheduled to test for a postal carrier job on Monday. I would never in a million years thought I would ever say that, but it is the best job I can find in my area. People seem to either like the job or despise it with nothing in-between. I like it on paper just for the benefits, being out on foot for much of the day, and I can salvage some of military years towards retirement.

The test is mainly basic stuff, but there is a section on sorting / coding that is all memorization and causes 90% to fail. With my old brain, I will likely fail in epic fashion, but it is worth a shot to give me options.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Sympathy Factor Empty Re: Sympathy Factor

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Sat May 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Good luck Laughing
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by theecoguy Sun May 06, 2018 5:45 am

Hi there, why are you looking for another job exactly? hope you don't mind me asking.

theecoguy

http://www.eco-steamclean.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun May 06, 2018 12:06 pm

theecoguy wrote:Hi there, why are you looking for another job exactly?  hope you don't mind me asking.

Market is dead in my area...no idea why. Cleaning companies are going under all around me and volume is down 82% so far this year. Just trying to avoid being another casualty.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sat May 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Well, good luck Bob, I know the benefits for postal workers are really good and your areas don’t get too hot in the summer, and seems like you’re okay with running in the cold weather so delivering mail ( if that’s what they assign you to ) should be a piece of cake for you.
One thing you should know though, in my area mail carriers are required to bring the scanner gun that are trackables, so he can’t talk to me for too long, he said that his supervisor will start paging him if he is standing still in one spot for longer than 2 minutes.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat May 19, 2018 8:53 pm

Nice to see your former co workers putting the word out. Good luck with that job just don't go postal on us Smile

With regards to the sympathy factor. I had this elderly lady lay it on me pretty thick last Friday. She told me she was on a budget , it was her 70th birthday, she lived alone, her husband passed away etc...
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Well, business picked up a little, but still not enough. I am scheduled for an interview with the post master on Tuesday, so I guess I have 2 people to win out over to get it.

Funny thing though, this might actually work out better than expected. Not only did the postmaster turn out to be a customer of mine, but can you think of a better way to research neighborhoods than delivering their mail? If it goes well, the job will send me to all towns within 50 miles from the home office at times, so I will get some great intel on areas that I have never done business in before.

I would think that after a few months of doing that, I might be able to break into new markets and be better able to target familiar ones....all while being paid to do it. By next Spring, it might pay off really well.

As for this season, I am not expecting much recovery. The complete loss of any kind of Spring was a very hard hit. I just spoke to another fellow cleaner 20 miles away from me that will be closing down after 35 years in business in this area due to the same problem. It is like the dust bowl around here for cleaners and it happened so suddenly that nobody saw it coming. I guess I will have to start thinking like a farmer and just keep mumbling about "next year".
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu May 24, 2018 8:44 pm

It's really bad there Rob. A lot of residential business it linked tonrhe real estate market. Is inventory and house sales are low iys going to have an impact. The rental market has boomed here so renters are staying put cause it's so dam expensive to buy.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu May 24, 2018 11:13 pm

As the old saying goes "How bad is it?". Well, I had a call from one customer to clean his stairs...only. I told him that I had a truck minimum and that was the end of his interest. Nobody is cleaning around here...even the guys with the "special water" stopped their radio ads.

Now I know how the dinosaurs felt...boom, dead.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum