Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

I’m humiliated !

4 posters

Go down

I’m humiliated ! Empty I’m humiliated !

Post by dp1 Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:27 pm

In a good way, kinda, lol.
I have this monthly commercial job I clean and they have this elevator landing on 7th floor that gets TONS of traffic going out from the office to the hallway to the restroom, they don’t have me clean the whole thing, just from the entrance / exit from the office to the hallway, I’ve experiment with this carpet too many times, from regular power burst, to firestorm boosted with ultrapac, nothing seems to get the traffic areas all the way clean, we call them wear and tear right ? Well I was firm to that until last night, I went there and they had informed me that the building had the area deep cleaned for them, I was blown when I see the carpet, it was actually CLEAN !! Much cleaner than any of my cleanings, I asked the company’s rep, she said she doesn’t know what they cleaned it with, my first and best guess was bonnet cleaning.
So as we were cleaning 5th floor, I met the janitorial workers, we know each other pretty well, we see them every month, I asked them hey do you know who cleaned the 7th floor landing, they said oh yeah, we did, well Ricardo did, I asked Ricardo wow man, you did a great job, what did you use ? He was kinda paused for a second or two, I thought because he didn’t know what those machines are called ( buffing machines ), I suggested it, buffing machines ? He said yes, then the lady jumped in, she said he cleaned it with a mop Shocked
I wasn’t sure if I should laugh or cry, lol, I looked at them with a straight face for a few seconds before asking them, a mop ? I proceeded with a smile and told him, well you did it, it looks a whole lot better than my cleaning for sure, then the lady told me, it’s better if you don’t touch that carpet again, let us clean it, lol.
Now it comes an issue that I don’t know how to solve, I don’t mind losing that cleaning, I don’t feel hauling my portable up there just to clean 180 sq ft of carpet, but how do I break the news to my customer, I don’t want to tell them that a mop and bucket of whatever chemical they use beat the crap out of my $ 2500 portable, chemistry and knowledge.
What would you do ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

I’m humiliated ! Empty Re: I’m humiliated !

Post by Freemind1 Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:51 pm

I guess my concern would be exactly WHAT they put on the carpet. Maybe the stuff will start falling apart now?

I'd be concerned, really, about what chemicals they used. Who know if it won't eat the backing or the nap right out of it. It would suck to go up there next time, and chunks of the carpet start getting pulled up with your wand..... I wouldn't want to take the blame on that!

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:28 am

My buddy that has a hard surface cleaning business was helping me with that job and he also wonder what chemical did the guy used, he was very concern also.
I guess I have to let them know that it's better if they have janitorial company handle that portion of the job from now on, since they seem to do a better job, but what if they still want me to clean it in the near future, then I guess I have to be upfront about this ( explain the risk that you mentioned ).
Sh!t, this situation is just bad all around.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:18 pm

A mop will never provide any recovery on carpet, not even commercial, so regardless of how it appears it isn't clean. It was probably just a heavy dosing of encap and follow-up vac. He is more illusionist than a cleaner in my estimation as are many others like him.

On that kind of job, HWE followed by encap really works out well if there is any fiber left.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:59 am

Dawn dish soap, scrub real good to make it foamy; then use the shopvac.
I watch youtube; seen it....
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:55 pm

Sheet, you guys really made me feel like I shouldn’t clean that carpet ever again.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum