Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Crystal Ball Time

+2
ODIN
milspec6
6 posters

Go down

Crystal Ball Time Empty Crystal Ball Time

Post by milspec6 Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:01 pm

They say that when you build a better mouse trap, the world will beat a path to your door. For those that have dealt with mice in your home or shop, you probably already found that the original snap trap still works the best. In some cases, the old method is still the best yet many designs come along every year. The same maybe said for the cleaning industry with a few innovations.

Looking into your personal crystal ball, what do you see in the near future? Are there any real innovations out there that will shake up the industry or are they just another version of the mouse trap....new look and features, but essentially the same or maybe worse. What is bubbling up in your area regarding trends, are there changes that will spread to other areas?

In my area, there exists a major retail source for furniture and carpet that dominates the region. I would suspect that 60% of the carpets I see come from this store and are installed by their contractors which are only allowed to use a specific padding and I've seen more stretchers in college dorm rooms being used for tables then I see being used to install these carpets. At least the padding has a water resisitant top layer to it, so treating pet stains has improved.

My crystal ball sees a shift from carpets "looking" better and more towards being "healthier". Sure, that isn't a shocking revelation, but there seems to be a much stronger push towards it as people stay home a lot more than in years past. I see textiles moving towards some type of antibacterial / antifungal /antiviral treatment (silver fibers maybe) being built into the fabric and the need for cleaners to be able to sanitize as much as clean. I see more testing equipment being used in the field to verify that something is indeed sanitized and without residues when we do our thing.

I guess what I am saying is that I see us moving more into the science aspect of cleaning at a baser level instead of just the appearence. This may be especially true as fabrics become more stain resistant and vacuums get more effective at removing dry soils. We might all end up carrying ATP meters and wearing lab coats....well maybe the lab coats are a bit too far.

milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Crystal Ball Time Empty Re: Crystal Ball Time

Post by Larry Henson Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:25 pm

ODIN wrote:

Terry, I've been around the world 7 times, 5 county fairs and 2 goat mating contests and that beats all I have ever seen.
Larry Henson
Larry Henson
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.absolutelykleener.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:12 pm

I would just start becoming hip, cool, fresh, pepole want the coolest most stay at home approved wife businesses. Do a drastically differ marketing approach like be all pink. Get to be the ladies choice, offer free gift corroborate to a local spa for a one hour massage with every whole house cleaning. Get in with a local well known spa and u know, make a deal with em. Shouldn't cost u much.
Stop worrying about getting carpet more clean. U could say we use special water that is revolutionary... soft water.. but other than that move on from the cleaning and make it about evoking the nitche emotion u want to create
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:28 pm

Interesting, so you think the mouse trap is complete and it is just a matter of packaging for carpet cleaning? You might be right, but I did find that apparently there is a company chasing the anti-bacterial angle on the manufacturer's side.

http://www.blissflooring.com/bliss/home-carpet/carpet-treatment/silver-release.aspx

I don't know, there might be something to the trend although the disclaimer on the bottom takes a little of the wow effect out of it. Still, I can see changes coming along those lines.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:10 pm

milspec6 wrote:Interesting, so you think the mouse trap is complete and it is just a matter of packaging for carpet cleaning?  You might be right, but I did find that apparently there is a company chasing the anti-bacterial angle on the manufacturer's side.

http://www.blissflooring.com/bliss/home-carpet/carpet-treatment/silver-release.aspx

I don't know, there might be something to the trend although the disclaimer on the bottom takes a little of the wow effect out of it.  Still, I can see changes coming along those lines.

In california, EVERYTHING has a disclaimer, so that shouldn't take the wow effect out of it here, LOL !
However I have my doubt though, but I'm also skepticals about most new products Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:59 pm

The last time I was stationed out in Cali., I enjoyed reading all the warning labels. My toaster said to not operate under water (I guess in case you got hungry while scuba diving), the curling iron said not to insert into any bodily orfice, and my favorite was on a riding mower that simply told you "caution, avoid death". Interesting people out there. scratch 

Beyond that, I have my doubts as well on this one, but if something like that did work....it could be an interesting change.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:20 pm

I read it fast and thought you said last time i was STONED out in Cali... What a Face  carry on..
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:01 pm

milspec6 wrote:The last time I was stationed out in Cali., I enjoyed reading all the warning labels.  My toaster said to not operate under water (I guess in case you got hungry while scuba diving), the curling iron said not to insert into any bodily orfice, and my favorite was on a riding mower that simply told you "caution, avoid death".  Interesting people out there. scratch 

I'd say more like the 'EngRish" warning label makers in China.  wink dancing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down