Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

The Zipper Wand in Action

+10
dp1
Jim Martin
Rainbow Rider
MikeW
CleanTech
ACpower1
milspec6
Davey Cracker
Larry Henson
Mo
14 posters

:: Forums :: Videos

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Zipper Wand in Action - Page 2 Empty Re: The Zipper Wand in Action

Post by CleanTech Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Im pretty sure I did post a review Smile And no im not talking about Joe lol.
The other guy not here.

I think performance wise you need a high heat butler unit and above to achieve better cleaning results. Seems most guys not happy with it had smaller units?
High flow high heat and nice vac really allows you to move.

Everyone's body is different but for me I found this MUCH easier to move then a wand. Since you can use both arms out in front instead of all the use on one side of the body. If you have a pre existing back injury the muscle group it uses to achieve that could be bothered by.
Have a close friend with that and he said he noticed it.
At the same with with any tool for the first time ever whether it be the the wand for the first time ever or a rotary extractor after a long day of use it could be using different muscle groups your not used to yet. My dad has major lower back pain. Has trouble with the wand but not the zipp.
like anything we do. Cycling, weight lifting, lane swimming gets easier once body is used to it.

Totally agree if we all used the same truck and wand it would be pretty boring Razz
Just hated to see how that one member put it in a certain light. Mike W basically backed up what I said Wink
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:18 pm

Jim Martin wrote:
Mo wrote:Didn't Eric change the handle design to made it more ergonomically correct?

What I would have found disingenuous is if everyone that tried the Zipper loved it.

love this handle design...

The Zipper Wand in Action - Page 2 P9220077_zps95375128

Jim, Welcome by the way.

Did you use the old handle design of the Zipper?  Did the handle design reduce the fatigue factor of the tool?

Rob, I think you might have helped make this tool better.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Martin Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:56 pm

I never used the old style that much just a few times........but this newer style is very comfortable and allows the head to sit better when you are moving it...so far....no chatter.......

Jim Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:04 pm

Interesting. Rob do you think you experienced chatter because the head didn't t sit right on the carpet? Or was it something else? Your on the better half of six feet tall right?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:11 pm

Erik may have turned it around with that new handle...what can I say, I really want to like that tool as it just has a great look. If that handle changes the leverage to keep that rear shoe planted better, maybe the chatter is a thing of the past too.....will be watching reviews.

I have no doubt that it performed better with the bigger blower, higher heat, and greater flow....what tool doesn't, but if it can't perform with the upper middle class machines, then it has limited value to most.

My Butler isn't the max heat model, but I do run the larger blower, 5 gpm flow, and heat around 210 when I used the Zipper. If that isn't adequate for the tool, then it has a very limited market.

I look forward to see what Jim discovers...we definitely agreed on the Hoss when many were attacking it's performance so we must have similar likes / dislikes.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sam miller Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:It IS very well built, and that's what had me sold at first sight.
But once I used it, I knew it wasn't for me.  It was hard on my back, and left the carpet too wet with my TM.....like you said, not for everyone.

So the loaner did you ever adjust the jets or change the jets at all????

I got it and there was serious pile distortion, I tried to change the jets and one of the extensions fell right of.

Joe had to send me a tool to fix the threads and new smaller jet extension with the right jets 9502'son the end and 3 11002 in the middle. Alot less pile distortion on residential carpet that way.

But Joe, figured someone tok parts off and damaged the tool before I got it. 

Shows you, oYou trust people with a loaner and they think its a pick apart. carpet cleaners can be such scum bags.

I think the people with a bigger blower and more heat will really love this tool for zipping along.

also watch Eric's videos before you use it when I got it the vacuum connection was set up all wrong.

sam miller

http://www.sammillerscarpetcare.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sam miller Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Milspec I loved how you said I used the zipper for 8 hours straight and it hurt my back, for a guy who's died 8 times I would imagine any activity for a straight 8 hours would hurt. Beside walking behind a wand all day. 

I think the zipper require's a lot of heat and suck and then you can cover more ground faster hence the name zipper you can zip it out. So its designed to speed things up. If I had a V/at or a PC650 I would get one for commercial and let it do what it was meant to do.

And it may need more heat then vacuum to reall work great.

sam miller

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:59 pm

sam miller wrote:Milspec I loved how you said I used the zipper for 8 hours straight and it hurt my back, for a guy who's died 8 times I would imagine any activity for a straight 8 hours would hurt. Beside walking behind a wand all day. 

I 
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by sam miller Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:02 pm

I need the 8 deaths to match the 8 hours sorry

hopefully your like a cat and have at least 9

sam miller

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:04 pm

sam miller wrote:I need the 8 deaths to match the 8 hours sorry

hopefully your like a cat and have at least 9

I hope so as well (knocking on wood).
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:28 pm

sam miller wrote:
Davey Cracker wrote:It IS very well built, and that's what had me sold at first sight.
But once I used it, I knew it wasn't for me.  It was hard on my back, and left the carpet too wet with my TM.....like you said, not for everyone.

So the loaner did you ever adjust the jets or change the jets at all????

I got it and there was serious pile distortion, I tried to change the jets and one of the extensions fell right of.

Joe had to send me a tool to fix the threads and new smaller jet extension with the right jets 9502'son the end and 3 11002 in the middle. Alot less pile distortion on residential carpet that way.

But Joe, figured someone tok parts off and damaged the tool before I got it. 

Shows you, oYou trust people with a loaner and they think its a pick apart. carpet cleaners can be such scum bags.

I think the people with a bigger blower and more heat will really love this tool for zipping along.

also watch Eric's videos before you use it when I got it the vacuum connection was set up all wrong.

I watched all the videos and changed the jets, Yes!......but I knew better than to mess with those extenders threaded into that aluminum, so I ONLY removed the jets, as I told Joe.  I really wanted to like it, but......

I sent the loaner to a guy in SD after I used it, maybe hit him up for the continuing CSI integrations. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sam miller Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:32 pm

The middle jet just fell off if touched by a wrench so I was just saying it could be put on and would work but hard to change jets without it falling of in your hand.

hard to believe I'm the only one who noticed or said anything.

sam miller

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:40 pm

I actually just ordered a large Zipper and will be using it on a commercial job next week.

I have the Butler high heat units.

Only used a Zipper a couple times at trade shows, so....I am hopeful it will fit the bill as to what my intended uses are.

Will try to let others know.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Good luck with it Mark.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sam miller Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:12 pm

Mark the key is to dial it in and call Eric with questions.

I'm sure you'll like it.

sam miller

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:16 pm

sam miller wrote:Mark the key is to dial it in and call Eric with questions.

I'm sure you'll like it.

And hopefully he doesn't blow you off like he did several of us here when we asked questions/for help.

As Mo said good luck, and I hope it works better for you.....I spent 2weeks watching his videos and "dialing it in", and never was able to get it to feel like a $1000 piece of equip let alone double that, and it's cost.....but it sure looked nice! laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:26 pm

U guys know Eric has a full time cleaning business too?  Lol
Phone call is fast. Great guy to talk to.
I had chatter on only a few jobs which was easy to fix with the wheel. 15" model.
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:46 am

I agree with the comfort thing but dont buy that it cleans better.    Only possibility is because it encapsulates the heat but I dont think that is going to make too much of a difference.      

either way my opinion is its cleans the same as a good high flow wand except it cant turn corners the same or hit edges the same plus its heavy.     The turning corners in a residential thing kills it for me.   I pick my wand up a lot when I am moving hose around,   getting behind doors,  taking folds of line in and out of rooms so you dont rub walls.     Even with the employee you have to do it if they are pre spraying or tabbing furniture.

empties and commercial maybe its nice because of comfort, I havent even had to use my 360 in a while.      I do sometimes just for fun but with really high heat it just doesnt matter the dirt and grease is getting wiped regardless so I just prefer the quick light high flow wand.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:57 am

CleanTech wrote:U guys know Eric has a full time cleaning business too?  Lol
Phone call is fast. Great guy to talk to.
I had chatter on only a few jobs which was easy to fix with the wheel. 15" model.

I believe we were told by someone in the forum that he's also a cleaner, being in a cleaner's stand point, answering questions in the forum is MUCH better than answering them on the phone cause then people can read about the "tips and tricks". I'm not much of a phone guy when it comes to support, I like to read and see diagram of the equipment and would like to understand how it was designed so that I can make the best of it.
Again I'm not attacking anyone, just simply letting manufacturers know that cleaning forums are made to their advantage, we don't expect them here 24 hours a day 7 days a week, I told JB to please shut up and let Eric come and answer ALL of our questions, and waited 3 days, that's 72 hours and he can't spend 30 minutes typing answers to questions of his own product ? Hmmm oh well, not my loss Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:03 pm

I would like to post this and it is not to put the zipper down in any way as I think it is a great tool.
I have a Roto Vac DHX model...I WISH I would have bought the regular power wand version due to what is mentioned above the lawn mower motion, it KILLS my back and only after about a hour or so, any thing that makes you bend at that 45* angle with arms extended will get to anyone and will down right kill someone that has a tender back already.
I can go hours with my wand vs the RV DHX.
Also I think the Zipper was made by a guy who has a V/at type truck and can create massive heat and suction and it is best hooked to that type of TM.
He designed it and as he did, he did it around his unit the big V, and I bet it works amazingly well with it.
But looking at it my back is just not built to handle it, so for me I would go a different route, but that doesn't mean I don't think it is a good tool.
A good back, and a big TM with big work it would probably ROCK!!
I hope he sells a bunch of them...He has put his heart, and countless hours into it and you can not say it is a POS it looks top notch.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:05 am

UPS notification as mine will arrive Wednesday sometime. Hopefully I will get a chance to set it up later that night (long days) because on Thursday, I have 2 jobs it would be a perfect chance to give it a try.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:55 pm

Ah yes nothing like a new tool to spice things up
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Looking forward to seeing your review at the end of the week Mark.

I have to admit that I took a look at Jim's review over on MB....a little disappointed he didn't use it on a large commercial since that was the purpose behind the design. Cleaning store fronts with it proved that it could clean (we already knew that), but it doesn't evaluate the fatigue, ergonomics, nor the chattering that was experienced by many on large commercial areas....and some residential.

Jim said that he bought a second one for the other van, so hopefully, he gets plenty of chances to test it farther and shares the results. We still don't have the verdict on the handle changes nor on the Zipper design itself.

Hopefully, it gets greater exposure...still hope it turns out well, just have my reservations.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Martin Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Here is my post on MB............

I don't like to get to far a head of myself.....but because of what I seen today it is worth the mention....sad news is that because I handed my camera to my guy and we did not realize that the picture card was locked..all I have are a few pictures from my phone that I used to text a few guys and show them what it did.....

First job today was one of the fire stations that I do .......they bop me all over town once a year to clean the carpets and some times sometimes UPH....

The Zipper Wand in Action - Page 2 PA020092_zps1004f096

this 2 areas of carpet was pretty bad....light blue and it was jet black....pre-sprayed with a mixture of Flex and a extra touch of citric for good luck...

I don't normally warm up the machine on my first job.....but knew I was going to need all the heat I could get......

The Zipper Wand in Action - Page 2 PA020090_zps5b788be0

got it to a good running temp and pulled the zipper off the truck...( and this is where I don't have some great pictures because of card being locked..:madd: )...
at about 400 PSI and one clean pass and one dry pass the zipper flushed and made a night and day difference in both these carpets......It was pretty impressive how easy and fast it was..once you get it set..it was simple to use and it moved around everywhere I wanted it to go with no problems....the amount of crap that this thing flushed out was amazing to see.....

The Zipper Wand in Action - Page 2 PA020087_zps378597c5

Great tool to have..The Eric out did himself on this one.......I will be getting another for the other truck....can't wait till the schools come up...

The Zipper Wand in Action - Page 2 P9220077_zps95375128

It is not that time of year for one of my schools to be done....but if it can clean the way it did today at the fire station...I don't care how big the job is...its coming off the truck....

and No...I did not get another one as of yet...

Jim Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:06 pm

great!
How did you find it with your back?
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down