Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Sharpie in off white slightly older carpet

+6
Ryan S
Cjcann
Davey Cracker
ODIN
Pro Touch
ACpower1
10 posters

Go down

Sharpie in off white slightly older carpet Empty Sharpie in off white slightly older carpet

Post by ACpower1 Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Can anyone suggest the best chance of getting this out? From the phone call it sounds like a standard nylon or builders grade

Usually for ink we have used power gel, citri solve, or dissolve

does anyone have some experience with sharpie permanent marker in carpet? I know its a really strong ink so it may not be possible.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Sharpie in off white slightly older carpet Empty Re: Sharpie in off white slightly older carpet

Post by Pro Touch Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:33 pm

Maybe Vacaways Spot-N-Boost. It performs well on Ink and I have used it to remove Sharpie writing on labels and bottles.

Last edited by Pro Touch on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sharpie in off white slightly older carpet Empty Re: Sharpie in off white slightly older carpet

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:34 pm

I've always had the best luck with CR Dissolve for removing ink, seems more effective to me than PC Pro-Solve. Matter of fact, I got what looked like ball point pen ink off of a micro-fiber sofa just today, by adding just 1 oz of Dissolve to a gallon of prespray. wink 

Not sure how much luck you'll have with Sharpie Ink tho, that might just be a repair job!  cheers 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:37 pm

ya ill hit it with dissolve as that seems to work for ink with us, if that doesnt work its getting a good old fels

I need practice with repair, not something we really do but want to add it in the future.

Ive done a cookie cutter repair and a bonded insert but I wasnt super thrilled about the results

ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjcann Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:46 pm

CR dissolve? What does the CR stand for who makes it?
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Think about this application when removing ink and marker such as this. I have recently started using an internal jet uph tool for these type removals. To reasons, it keeps the stain closed in a small Enclosed environment with the uph tool. Also one jet keeps the heat up and focuses the flushing to a tight pattern.

Also I would always suggest once you apply what ever spotter you chose to the area, after agitation use your vac hose to suck up the suspended/emulsified ink before adding water. I have had more success with these two steps alone.

I would suggest the spot-n-boost for a step after you have lightened the stain or a dry solvent works the same.

Follow these aggressive spotters with a general neutral spotter at finish any remaining shadows of the stain.

Worth a shot, come back and let us know your findings.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:12 pm

Just went to the garage and stained some carpet with a Sharpie all the way to the backing and let it sit for 10 minutes. Sharpie in off white slightly older carpet Sharpi12
Then used Spot-N-Boost with a terry towel. Sharpie in off white slightly older carpet Sharpi13
The Sharpie stain was gone all the way to the backing. Not a long dwell time but good results. I guess I'll have to let some sit for a week and try it. Hope this helps.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:13 pm

I've had good fortune using various products including all those mentioned above on ink to include "ink out" from pro's choice. The only really bad permanant marker I've removed was a black stripe on olefin about 7 feet long using pro-solve. I think any of the above should work, it is just that some will be faster than the other.

I have stopped using the Spot-n-boost....I don't know if the formula has changed or not, but it doesn't seem to rinse out as well with the last bottle I used. Start with the less aggressive and work your up...Fels first and Dissolve last.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Dang Eric, thats some Real Cleaner help right there. Man you guys go out of your way to help the RC. Thanks Eric that was awesome.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:36 pm

Thanks Eric for the test, always like seeing pictures.

Ill pick up some spot and boost since ive been wanting to try it. I hear a lot about it.

I like dissolve but if you use too much that stuff is like paint thinner, you can almost see the fumes.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:45 pm

eldiabloz wrote:CR dissolve? What does the CR stand for who makes it?

CR = Clean Rite, I believe it's supposed to be kleen rite though ( the manufacturer of dissolve ).
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by SixShooter Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:22 am

Pro Touch wrote:Just went to the garage and stained some carpet with a Sharpie all the way to the backing and let it sit for 10 minutes. Sharpie in off white slightly older carpet Sharpi12
Then used Spot-N-Boost with a terry towel. Sharpie in off white slightly older carpet Sharpi13
The Sharpie stain was gone all the way to the backing. Not a long dwell time but good results. I guess I'll have to let some sit for a week and try it. Hope this helps.

That's what we use
SixShooter
SixShooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:33 am

dp1 wrote:
eldiabloz wrote:CR dissolve? What does the CR stand for who makes it?

CR = Clean Rite, I believe it's supposed to be kleen rite though ( the manufacturer of dissolve ).

OH Yea! lol That's what I get for being lazy.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REALCLEAN Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:05 pm

Another vote for Spot-N-Boost.

Sol-u-mel. It's a product made by a pyramid scheme company called melaleuca. It's all natural and totally safe. Just hard to get, gotta find a member.
REALCLEAN
REALCLEAN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:56 pm

it came out about 90%, it was a crappy old builders grade. You can only find the spot if you know it was there. I dont know why I didnt take pics because the art work was actually really funny.

a little girl drew a heart with her and her moms name inside, she thought it was going to be a nice surprise.

the carpet was just baron of any kind of stain protection and was pretty worn out
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:10 pm

alien Hard to get or be mad at your own child, when they had the best of intentions, by showing love like that.

I was never pleased when my daughter wrote on the wall or carpet, but she didn't draw a heart like that either!  laughing 
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Sharpie stain has been sitting for 11 days now. Thought that would be a little more realistic amount of time to try and get a stain out. Spot-N-Boost got it out. Here's the before and after pics. Sharpie in off white slightly older carpet Sharpi14 Sharpie in off white slightly older carpet Sharpi15
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:50 pm

cool to see it still comes out after 11days, spot and boost seems like a good product.

The real test of spot n boost would be to see if it can pull sharpie out of a worn in carpet, something where the factory coating is long gone and the fibers are not nearly as in tact
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:44 am

This would be a perfect situation for the deep green spotter to be tried out :-)
A veteran cleaner which also a good friend of mine told me this a while back, "you can get almost any stains out, besides chemicals you also need patience and heat" pretty good philosophy cause I surely don't have the patience when working on stains.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro Touch Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:19 am

I agree about the deep green spotter. I'm meeting Ryan this weekend and I'll bring some Sharpie stained carpet. It will only have a 3 day soak, but that should give us an idea of how it will work.
Ryan, don't forget to bring the deep green.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:27 pm

It's in the spotter kit. Bring the pain.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down