Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

The Real Estate Market is crazy here

+2
milspec6
Mo
6 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

The Real Estate Market is crazy here Empty The Real Estate Market is crazy here

Post by Mo Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:39 am

I've been house hunting for about a month now and it is crazy I watch MLS pretty closely so when one hits the market I now about it. The first house went on the market and they're were five people waiting to see when I go there and 2 offers were already in process. The second one I was going to put an offer on it but there was already an offer over asking price in place along with 2 back ups. Another house had an an accepted offer while I was viewing it. There was a house listed on Craigslist by a broker that sold in 3 hours after they posted the add. Were talking about houses that are selling the same day they are put on the market. Can you say housing bubble?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

The Real Estate Market is crazy here Empty Re: The Real Estate Market is crazy here

Post by milspec6 Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:02 am

Here is a little tip that I used to find my house...will save you tons of cash.

Go to the State Police website and look for convicted sex offenders and their registered residences. Now, find the oldest one (70's at least) and then search for the house closest to him that is at least 3 bedrooms (family-sized home).

Now you use that information to negotiate a bargain price since no family is going to move next to someone on the sex offender register...unless one is using my method.

I purchased my present home that way for 2/3 of the listing price saving me over 45k off the top. I am single with no kids so what did I care who lived next door, besides, I recognized him from prison and he recognized me as well....he moved out 3 months later.

Once he left, my house went up in value of 45k in 3 months time!! Not a bad move if you ask me.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

The Real Estate Market is crazy here Empty Re: The Real Estate Market is crazy here

Post by Mo Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:07 am

laughing  that's funny Rob. The problem is I have kids.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Mo Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:30 am

Yeah most of the retirees are from Cali
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Floorguy Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:51 am

We have had that here for the last year almost...

Had friends moving, and when they were going to look at houses....some had bids before they ever saw them (the bidders)

its slowed a little...but tons of new building going on
Floorguy
Floorguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.paynelessfloorcare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBlueSummer Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:09 pm

Sounds like u should buy one that would appeal to a retiree that needs some sweat equity and flip it by mid summer and make some cash!
OneBlueSummer
OneBlueSummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:49 pm

man you guys would not believe the bubble we had right before 2008... I was in landscape construction at the time using Service Magic aka home advisor.... my phone had unlimited work on it coming from txt message, no exaggeration.

I was just picking and choosing the highest profit jobs or the largest ticket, taking all the sod installs and full landscape installs. As much as we could handle was there, plus hundreds more a month we couldnt even look at leads for.

Certain areas of Seattle regular 3-4 bedroom homes with no view in a nice neighborhood, main level with small basement just under 1 million! most were around 850-900k Im not kidding one step up from a rambler. They would put new appliances in the kitchen maybe counter tops and list it for near a million.

these homes now are being sold for 400 sometimes less, everyone made a ton of money on equity then lost it all right when 2008 hit.

I knew it was a bubble, you just look at the house from the outside and think "is that really worth almost a million!?"
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down