Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Had to issue a refund today

+5
Joe Bristor
carpetdaddy
ACpower1
Davey Cracker
Mo
9 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Had to issue a refund today Empty Had to issue a refund today

Post by Mo Thu May 22, 2014 9:15 pm

In biz for 7 years and it's the third refund I have issued. no matter how well you set expectations and communicate with customers some folks you just can't make happy. She said that Angies emailed her and the asked her to leave a review and she didn't want to do that . Yeah right. I refunded her half the ticket for a job I did over a month ago
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Had to issue a refund today Empty Re: Had to issue a refund today

Post by Davey Cracker Thu May 22, 2014 9:24 pm

So you gave refund because she was asked to leave a review?!?  scratch confused Question 

I don't give refunds............so I guess I don't get it.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu May 22, 2014 9:35 pm

No she wasn't happy with the results and mentioned Angies list.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu May 22, 2014 10:02 pm

the old angies list threat lol

I have I think 2 bad reviews out of 120 or something and the two I just discredited the customer by mentioning the type of stain that wouldnt come out...    they were both dirty people with un realistic expectations

so I just politely wrote a paragraph on how urine sometimes cant be removed,    if someone even reads that many pages of reviews in then they will get a picture in their mind of what the customers house looked like without me making the response sound rude.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Fri May 23, 2014 4:54 am

We bend over backwards to make our customers happy and my policy is if I can't make you happy I won't take your money. With that said if you call me within a week i'll offer to come back out for free - if they are adamant about just getting a refund I'll mail them a check. If it's after a week or two or even three and they say their not happy, the best I will do is offer to come back and re-clean it at no charge. If you call me after three weeks I politely tell them to pound sand. Out of over 2500 jobs a year I typically refund two or three, leave four or five without getting paid (politely telling them to call stan), and leave less than ten (including people in the aforementioned groups) completely piss off. My repeats and referrals are great, and I hope that the people I completely piss off tell their friends because I can't imagine I would want to do business with them either. I can live with those numbers. It translates in to better than 98-99% satisfaction - which is higher than most businesses.

I have very few bad reviews on Angie's and I have discredited them point by point. Normal people understand that you can't make everyone happy no matter how hard you try and they also understand that some customers are just jerks.
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ryan S Fri May 23, 2014 8:36 am

I talked to Joe when to cat lady tried that stunt. I stuck to my guns and she paid. I was threated with the review thing to. I say let em do it. Then we run to our associates and we all leave reviews backing each other with proof positive that we are who we are. We can take back this review threat easy. I thought I was gonna have a review threat and was gonna let them do it. Then I planned on coming here and letting you guys know about the situational request to do follow up reviews. The day the customer owns review boards is over!!!!!!!

Joes List is now birthed!!!!
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri May 23, 2014 6:43 pm

as long as your able to give a response to the review you can discredit them pretty easily, assuming most of your reviews are good.

as long as you do good work its most likely a customer that cant be pleased no matter what.

One of our bad reviews was a guy with pee stains under a window that gets lots of sun, I told him its very likely these will not be removable. It was a small dog, told him its like pure acid on the carpet.

they didnt come out and he bashed us, so I discredited him completely in the response and then it was buried with new reviews in no time.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri May 23, 2014 7:50 pm

Mo wrote:In biz for 7 years and it's the third refund I have issued. no matter how well you set expectations and communicate with customers some folks you just can't make happy. She said that Angies emailed her and the asked her to leave a review and she didn't want to do that . Yeah right. I refunded her half the ticket for a job I did over a month ago

You did the right thing, the way I see it is it's not worth the headaches, especially on busy seasons, pay up and move on with your life, just don't forget to black list that customer's name and address in your schedule.
What we need is a website with a list of bad customer's info, such as their name and address, I'm happy to pay the subscriptions fee for that just to cross check some customer's info.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri May 23, 2014 10:11 pm

There will always be professional complainers out there and you will run into one  at some point in your professional life.

My family's shop only had one customer like that in over 30 years.  That one person had sued nearly every business in that small town over a 3 year period.  Word of mouth finally caught up with him and he was run out of town after every business refused service.

In a world where internet reviews are so important there needs to be a recourse for an honest businessman to expose these pro complainers.  The only concern would be a dishonest business attacking an honest negative review...double-edged sword really.

I say let word of mouth win out.  I tend to distrust what I read on the internet anyway.....well, except here. Rolling Eyes
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat May 24, 2014 6:38 am

That's what I was thinking DP. One review on angies isn't going to break or make me
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down