Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

your opinion-please

5 posters

Go down

your opinion-please Empty your opinion-please

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:04 pm

I'm looking at getting a used butler 18" wand. I do ALOT of empty houses and I'm looking at increasing my productivity. Im using an Everest and I'm starting an upgrade to 2.5" vac hose coming off the TM(reducing the last 50ft. to 2").  Typical hose run is 100-150 ft.  Not concerened about Max water removal and dry times. Even tho now I'm getting 2-6 hr dry times.
Can I/will I be able to get decent suction with an 18" wand?? Would be running at Max setting.
I currently use a 14" westpak.

Matt
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

your opinion-please Empty Re: your opinion-please

Post by milspec6 Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:29 pm

With that Everest, you shouldn't have any problem with suction at 150 ft. An 18 inch wand might be a little tough to get into the closets and close to the edges though.

I am doing a lot of apartments myself these days and getting efficient is very important. You already have the machine for it, might want to consider a rotary extractor or even (this does not happen often) the Mytee Bentley wand.

I am hesitant to recommend the Bentley as it has some flaws, but in this case it has some real benefits. You get a 14 inch path and the ability to just steer it around and into those closets without changing tools. I work many complexes that put carpet in the bathrooms and getting around the toilet used to require changing tools which wasted time.

A bigger wand can sure be a time saver, but if you still need to use an agitation device, then I would skip it and go for a rotary extractor and use that 14 inch to get into the closets.

Before anyone says it, you don't always have to edge after a rotary. The Hoss has a flexible shroud on it that allows you to push it right up against the baseboards...I rarely need to go back and edge later. It might be its best feature.

Just food for thought.....
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeW Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:55 pm

You shouldn't have a problem at all. I don't have a problem with my 15 inch Zipper wand and it has 2 15 inch glides. So technically that's 30 inches of opening.
MikeW
MikeW
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.PaylessSteamCleaning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:52 pm

I was going the 2.5 hose route also. Called Joe and we talked about my reasoning and what I wanted. In the end, he save me money with the MVP.  Wasn't even thinking that route.  Joe's got the info to back his suggestions. Which ever way you go he will do though. As far as the wand, I've been with the 14" fir the last three years, I wouldn't go smaller or larger for the reasons Rob mentioned.

I can't see the madness in the zipper in time efficentcy for apartment cleaning, or my back. To each his own. For me, it's the redneck zipper. laughing 
 dancing 
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Matt, if you're looking to increase your productivity, a helper would be a much better solution if you have not had one already, if you still insist on a better wand, I would go with pmf titanium 15" rather than the 18" due to what Rob was saying, maneuverability ( is that the right spelling ? Razz ) not only closets, but also behind the door, L shaped storage closets that's only 5' high, it would be a pain to maneuver in those areas.
I don't think you would have issues with suction, even with single wand settings, I wouldn't use high settings too much to preserve the motor's life.
Fyi I get 2 - 8 hours dry times with 1.5" pmf titanium wand with the same machine, 6 flow, stock shear kit since Joe doesn't make shear kit for that wand. I don't think my customer mind the extra hour or two dry times and my back and shoulder thanks me at the end of the day :-) Oh the only thing is the 1.5" pmf titanium is only 12" though, won't meet your productivity needs :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down