Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Ryan, Ken Raddon any pics or vids of The Experience

+8
milspec6
Joe Bristor
dp1
Davey Cracker
Freemind1
Ryan S
CleanTech
Mo
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Ryan, Ken Raddon any pics or vids of The Experience - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryan, Ken Raddon any pics or vids of The Experience

Post by Freemind1 Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:11 am

Ryan and Joe make very good points.
I think these inventors, just build crap to feed the addiction to collect "Stuff" that a lot of cleaners have.
Maybe there are places where this may be useful. At about 1500 bucks that is quite an expense for a occasional use tool. No way I would want to use a drag wand in resi.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Ryan, Ken Raddon any pics or vids of The Experience - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryan, Ken Raddon any pics or vids of The Experience

Post by Ryan S Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:13 am

This is THE reason why this forum SHOULD be the leading trend setter for new development of innovations. Innovations are great, but they have no use in the hands of one inventor! Take Wanders Products for example. No new developments goes on the sells floor or shelf without being in the hands of trusted Real Cleaners in the field. (Field defined as on real job sites, not some carpet remnants used in a factor warehouse).

I'll make the official call to HF to get a loaner in the hands of The cleaners Lounge respected professionals. Get real feed back, get great ideas to develope the SX-15.

Another loaner example that has helped a innovator improve the development of their product. The Hot Rod Pro. Bill brought his tool here and got into the hands of our community for testing and reviews. He has made substantial improvements to his invention and is now a Professional grade tool ready for the market place.

It's time we stand up and come along side these innovators to help improve their products. Only if they are willing to participate, and not take to the market for one reason only, to sell to those who are uninformed.

Kill the HYPE, and bring REAL innovations to our cleanjng community.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:31 am

Alas, there are far more uninformed cleaners out there than the informed. These companies know that and will continue to roll out the "miracle revolutionaly" devices to the majority, then make twice the money selling updates to the product later on.

All we can do is circle the wagons and make a stand.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:27 pm

more pictures in use are surfacing of the tool.
my on the fence has fallen to the off side now lol
CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:20 am

CleanTech wrote:more pictures in use are surfacing of the tool.

Great! Could you retract that negative rep you dropped on my profile? Glad I could pull ya out if the kool aid parlor. wink
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Saiger Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:45 am

Shot this video first day trying.

Dirty,dirty carpet, did some nice work. Don't know if I would buy one yet, but has some potential for a few situations.

Think if it was cheaper price point, would sell a bit easier.

Carpet was not soaked after, so they did their homework in my opinion on it. Could work in some grimy restaurant situations and in my case, gym floor mats....

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
Mark Saiger
Mark Saiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.saigers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CleanTech Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:36 pm

Ryan S wrote:
CleanTech wrote:more pictures in use are surfacing of the tool.

Great!  Could you retract that negative rep you dropped on my profile?  Glad I could pull ya out if the kool aid parlor. wink

Sorry Ryan had nothing to do with your comments lol
the negative was about " another tool to cause back pain "

CleanTech
CleanTech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Ryan S wrote:Were are the field tester reviews?

Where are the moisture meter reading that show faster dry times? I got some!
Ryan, Ken Raddon any pics or vids of The Experience - Page 2 Bf40fe5c-c4ed-46d5-aafd-2ef196112c99_zps48b26d07

Ryan, is 25% pretty much the normal amount of moisture left in a plush carpet after you clean?
What about a CGD carpet?

I ask because I just checked the moisture with my meter for the first time in a carpet after I cleaned it. It was a nylon CGD carpet and it was up around 35-40%, considerably higher than yours in pic, but I have no idea if yours was poly?..........which absorbs no water like nylon.

I'm just trying to figure out what a normal and acceptable amount of moisture is for different carpet types after cleaning, when shooting for fast dry times that is?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Ryan, Ken Raddon any pics or vids of The Experience - Page 2 Empty I was there

Post by gtech12v Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Mark Saiger wrote:Shot this video first day trying.

Dirty,dirty carpet, did some nice work.  Don't know if I would buy one yet, but has some potential for a few situations.

Think if it was cheaper price point, would sell a bit easier.  

Carpet was not soaked after, so they did their homework in my opinion on it.  Could work in some grimy restaurant situations and in my case, gym floor mats....

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
the problem with this tool was a very nasty ring mark that was left at the begining and the end of the wand stroke , too slow to be efective
I was there when Mark was doing the test

gtech12v
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:48 pm

That's right, and what we've noticed in the video and discussed. wink

Same thing that happens with a spinner on tile when you try to move faster than what it can keep up with.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Joe Bristor wrote:I got lousy dry times with my #3 blower unless I used a fan, but with the fan, my moisture readings went down to like 10% on average.
Rampage used to brag about 0%,  as in ZERO.  He was always ready to take on anybody when it came to dry times; the most anal cleaner I ever knew.
He still replaces his glide ever 3 months. I'm sure his son is pretty much the same. Wish they still posted.
Think about how well the air hand dryer works in the public restrooms as compared to paper towels. Like Rampage said, there's only so much water you can remove with extraction... you need airflow to remove the rest.
A simple squirrel cage placed in the corner will do wonders. Encap guys too.  Just leave a single fan in each room til you finish the next one and watch your true dry times fall like a rock. Those moisture meters can make a great custy retention tool.
Today's OOs use all these gadgets - Huggers, wand thermometers, Yardsticks, moisture meters, tarps, Airpaths, shoecovers, dual hose runs and fancy filters - to impress their customers and let them see with their own eyes what separates them from the franchise cleaner.

That's a great reminder there! And one that I just printed out.

So I can highlight the pertinent info and use it when talking to a new potential customer on the phone. I think it would be more great info to explain why my phone price quote (when I'm forced to give one) is Sometimes double or close to it what they've been quoted by other companies.

Thanks Joe!! wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Why just at the beginning and end of the stroke? Because that when the wand wasn't moving but the jets were still spinning?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:59 pm

You guys are on the ball with vids and pics I took none. Don't be mad at me there was nothing that earth shatteringly new that was worth pic.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:23 pm

This was after the vt14.
Ryan, Ken Raddon any pics or vids of The Experience - Page 2 961f4ddd-00d9-4779-a6f7-bdc2eeb5fc7f_zpsced80ae7
 Both readings taken 15 minutes after extraction.

Nylon
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:30 am

Oh yeah, no dry passes after the zipper, did dry passes after the VT14.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:40 pm

dp1 wrote:From the design I can tell that it's going to be a nightmare in drying times, the vac slot is way too far from the spinning jets, the carpets would've got soaked first before it gets extracted, I don't think that's going to make it in the market without some modifications, if the spray bar is shorter and there are 2 vac slots ( one in front of it and one behind it ) that might work better in drying time, in the mean time I'd take my pmf 12" wand over that any day, I'm even willing to race against it too Razz

It's already being sold in the shown configuration, Routley has them on the floor now!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:13 pm

Buy it Dave and we'll do some cleaning race Laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:20 pm

No thanks, I'm not convinced it works well. I'm hoping to see how it does at the Routley Demo Days on Sat. the 11th.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2