Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Effective 10/31/2014

+12
Andy Mc
Rainbow Rider
Goomer
( miller ) gerry
milspec6
ODIN
Davey Cracker
dp1
Ryan S
ACE Services
Freemind1
Mo
16 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Effective 10/31/2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Effective 10/31/2014

Post by ACE Services Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:12 am

Hey DP1 
Like I said. Dumb post that don't help anyone and are pointless not even worth replying to so don't maybe it'll go away and leave the forum you know they say a child does annoying things to get attention but if you don't give them the attention they'll stop and do something else let's try it and see. Lol we can hope.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow Rider Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:25 am

Wow! What kind of forum did just become a member of? I guess anytime humans are involved there will be conflict. Is it really just shutting down? Sorry to hear it.

Rainbow Rider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ryan S Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:15 pm

For all you new members. What you need to understand is there are Memebers that frequent only to cause problems. Like krudkutter comments. If you see a post like that. Just look first at the post count. If it's extremely low, then chances are that the purpose of the post is negative. If that not enough information, go read their post and you should be able to discern from that.

I agree with what Ace has said. It's a good principle to follow.

Thanks to all of our contributing members and advertising suppliers.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:48 pm

I am not giving up on this venture yet, no shovels, no dirt.

In the short time that this forum and its predecessor has existed, I changed from being a cleaner that has been doing things the same way that I learned some 25 years ago, to a cleaner that has begun to think outside of the box.

I have gravitated to safer chemistry, better tools, newer markets, and even decided to switch to a box truck...an interesting design of a box truck.  All of these things have taken money...often a lot of it, but the results have really improved my business and put back some excitement that has been missing for at least a decade.

The key is that I was able to change like that due to the contributing members on this board without fearing the costs or worry about making a mistake.  Why should I, many of you have already blazed that trail and proved that it works.  I just followed the wagon ruts towards the ocean.

To shut down a board like this would be throwing cleaners back into the pit and giving people a reason to go back to the old way of doing things...stagnant, unimaginative, and going nowhere.

Haven't you all gained from this endeavor?  Soon the winter will be rolling in and many of us will slow down in our businesses.  Having a place like this to discuss things during that time keeps things fresh and updated.

The industry needs this place....the lighthouse to the lost ships at sea,

Effective 10/31/2014 - Page 2 Lighth10
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Man, well said!!........and a big +1 for you!

Getting that excitement back that you mentioned, sure makes this biz much more enjoyable, for sure! wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:16 pm

Always with the creative word. Great summation of The State of The Cleaners Lounge.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:03 pm

[quote="milspec6"]I am not giving up on this venture yet, no shovels, no dirt.

In the short time that this forum and its predecessor has existed, I changed from being a cleaner that has been doing things the same way that I learned some 25 years ago, to a cleaner that has begun to think outside of the box.

I have gravitated to safer chemistry, better tools, newer markets, and even decided to switch to a box truck...an interesting design of a box truck.  All of these things have taken money...often a lot of it, but the results have really improved my business and put back some excitement that has been missing for at least a decade.

The key is that I was able to change like that due to the contributing members on this board without fearing the costs or worry about making a mistake.  Why should I, many of you have already blazed that trail and proved that it works.  I just followed the wagon ruts towards the ocean.

To shut down a board like this would be throwing cleaners back into the pit and giving people a reason to go back to the old way of doing things...stagnant, unimaginative, and going nowhere.

Haven't you all gained from this endeavor?  Soon the winter will be rolling in and many of us will slow down in our businesses.  Having a place like this to discuss things during that time keeps things fresh and updated.

The industry needs this place....the lighthouse to the lost ships at sea,

Effective 10/31/2014 - Page 2 Lighth10[/quote

I made a lot mistakes in the year that The Cleaners Lounge has been in existence but asking Millspec to help Moderate this forum has Not been one of them. Thank you.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Some of you guys need to lighten up and stop acting all offended just cause two guys square off once in a while.

I have no idea what has caused the controversy . Thread was deleted)??

But I know it is a fact of human nature that little battles will always arise. It is a noble thing to want peace and love but it ant gonna happen 100 percent of the time. A drama free board is impossible unless a heavy hand runs around deleting posts and threads and dictate what can and cant be discussed.

But the result of that is a fake board. with fake people

I think when a tiff arises its best to let it play out with out deleting threads or posts (unless they are way out of line) let the head butting resolve its self. In the end the parties learn something and the board learns something , and (most) of the time peace will result.

For example , there was a thread were dp1 and my self were engaged in a little jousting back and forth, If that thread had been allowed to continue you all would have seen me and dp1 coming to a respectful understanding of each other, would have been good for the whole board to witness that, but we were forced to resolve it privately due to the thread getting deleted.

Some of you guys need to lighten up and stop acting all offended just cause two guys square off once in a while.

and just in case you all didn't know it I LOVE YOU GUYS, in a way

I

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:12 pm

I agree, and would the Jackass running around dropping negative reps get a grip! Can a member express and opinion please.

o·pin·ion
əˈpinyən/
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Ryan S wrote:I agree, and would the Jackass running around dropping negative reps get a grip!  Can a member express and opinion please.  

o·pin·ion
əˈpinyən/
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I know how that is, makes you want to fly across country just to strangle the douche!!! laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinj6121 Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:35 pm

I love this forum, don't shut it down as it is one of the better ones. Tell the boys to kiss and make up. lol
kevinj6121
kevinj6121
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:13 am

Giving a negative is an opinion Ryan, as you say opinions should be allowed?

a balanced individual should be able to handle it with out calling a guy a douche, or a d head or telling him to f off. And now the talk of strangle action

Personally I think that's worse then the "jack ass" voting negative but maybe I'm weird. I must be because everyone else seems to think so.

As long as Cracker keeps sucking up to the mods in every other post I suppose he can say what he wants. A lesson for all of us.

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan S Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:07 am

I get your point. I see nobody sucking up to me. I do see the other perspective though. Just seems the rep points are better served for positive votes. To me it helps qualify the poster.
Ryan S
Ryan S
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:56 pm

The Lounge is not ending. I want to apologize to all of you for putting you through this drama. To close the forum just because I felt Joe and Ryan offended me would be selfish. I may be too sensitive or I may have overacted. But when my honesty and integrity are question in a public forum by guys that you thought were your friends It really pissed me off.

To answer the questions.

1. I am not greedy
2. I am not hiding anything
3. I do not favor one distributor over another
4. I am not dishonest

Joe called me last night and I think we understand each other. The fact that he publicly apologized went a long way. He understands that he can not dictate how this forum will be run.

I have made a lot of mistakes and I am not as smart as most of you guys. I am always willing to take advice and suggestions but no one will tell me how to run this forum.

I reserve the right to monetize the forum. Any agreements I make with a distributor or manufacture is confidential and no one will dictate to me who should and should not be an advertiser on this forum. What I have always wanted to do with make sure that the members of the forum benefit from this advertiser relationship in the way of testing tools, discounts, and giveaways etc. If an advertiser on this forum becomes a detrment to its members they will be banned.

The participation on this forum is striclty voluntary and appreciated. But I am not forcing anyone to be here. If you don't like the way I'm running it you can walk out the door and If needed I will walk you out the door personally and this applies to all members and distributors. 

The one year anniversary of this forum will be September 19th.
In that year we have more new topics and posts than the The Cafe and HQ combined. Now stats don't mean jack but it does show that people are enjoying being here and It was all because of you guys posting and contributing. Thank you.

To the guys that contacted me but don't really post that much. Please show you appreciation of the forum by posting or better yet starting a topic. It coud be one topic a month or a couple of posts a month. I was the same way I mostly read and didn't post. But once you start posting not only does the forum improve but you get more out of it too.  If  all everyone did was read this forum It would die a quick death. And yes my writing skills suck.

We'll take a look at the last year of our existance and try and make improvements and learn from out mistakes. All suggestions are welcome.

And again I sincerely apologize
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rod S Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Glad to hear it Mo. Cool, No apology needed
Rod S
Rod S

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:26 pm

Good to hear. sunnycheersdancing
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by ( miller ) gerry Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:28 pm

Good for you Mo. This is the only cleaner forumn that I look at. I trust what you guys have to offer. Thank you.

( miller ) gerry
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.gemscarpetcleaningplus.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:44 pm

"And yes my writing skills suck."

I don't think so Mo, compare to a few members here ( no name mention :-) ) I can clearly understand everything you've typed.
And I couldn't agree more with Rod, absolutely no apology necessary :-)
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:18 pm

At this rate you're going to have to change the name of this place to: Drama Cleaners or
CALC! Cleaners Acting Like Children! wink
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Freemind1 Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:08 am

Why should it be for everyone to see, how much Mo charges advertisers?

Who business IS it other than Mo and the person he charges? It's NONE of my business. So why is this even an issue?

I think that is MO's business, not mine, so I am not going to concern myself with it.

Freemind1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pablos Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:56 am

Hi Mo,
I don't really care how you run the financial side of this boar, this is not my business, as long as this board is still open to changes opinions and learn from others folks I am very happy with it, after all this is the main reason for why we are here, share experiences and prosper.
Finally IMO is our decision, If I don't like the drama post I don't participate, If I don't like or trust in the quality of the product of any vendors here I don't buy it, and if in any case I fell offence by a folk I just ignore him.
Glad you change your mind, buena decision amigo. Gracias.
Pablo.-

Pablos

http://www.bairescarpet.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:56 am

Que paso compadre? Exactamente aqui en el Lounge connectamos, apredemos y prosperamos. Perdona por toda la drama en el forum.

Tell me were I screwed that up Pablo? How do you say drama and forum in Spanish?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next