Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

End of the year report card

2 posters

Go down

End of the year report card Empty End of the year report card

Post by milspec6 Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:12 pm

We are about to close the book on 2014, how did you do?

For me, it is a very mixed report card.

Good:

1.  Still in the game, doors open.
2.  Paid off my Butler van
3.  Scored good deals on a very low hour TNT with #4 LG
4.  Scored a good deal on an Isuzu NPR
5.  Revenue was up by 14%
6.  Opened up new markets in 2 neighboring towns...great boost in late summer

Bad:

1.  Although total revenue was up, profit margins were down by 22%
2.  Lost a few large commercial accounts due to ownership changes
3.  Failed to fully capitalize on the ozone water program due to ownership change
4.  Ended the year with some large repair costs all piled on at once
5.  Still in the middle of outfitting a box truck for usage...multiple set-backs frustrating
6.  Last 2 months were the worst in 4 years...phone was dead.

Looking back at it, I probably should have just retired my butler van to reserve duty and purchased a replacement butler instead of choosing to build a box truck.  We are experiencing negative zero temps right now and I look at this box truck and wonder how the hell am I going to use this thing next winter?  I will love using the box when the temps are warmer, but having my primary machine only practical for 8 months out of the year might have been a mistake.

Looks like 2015 will be a time to get better organized, nail down replacements for the lost commercials, finishing this box truck, and exploiting the new residential markets to get my profit margins back up.  At least that will be the starting point.Rolling Eyes
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

End of the year report card Empty Re: End of the year report card

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:02 am

Just gathered all of the paperwork today from the filing, the revenue looks like about the same, gas is definitely a LOT lower than last year, maintenance is also a LOT lower than 2013, not sure about everything else, I'll know by the end of January, I usually file taxes around February or early March at the latest because by April 15th the 1st installment for 2015 is due.
Well Rob, as soon as the TNT is running you'll forget about this moment and at that point you can sell the van and old butler and find a lot newer butler and van, Jondon offers APR as low as 3.9 % with Chevy vans ( including TM of your choice ) if you're going to buy new.
How's that bulge disc ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:07 am

dp1 wrote:Just gathered all of the paperwork today from the filing, the revenue looks like about the same, gas is definitely a LOT lower than last year, maintenance is also a LOT lower than 2013, not sure about everything else, I'll know by the end of January, I usually file taxes around February or early March at the latest because by April 15th the 1st installment for 2015 is due.
Well Rob, as soon as the TNT is running you'll forget about this moment and at that point you can sell the van and old butler and find a lot newer butler and van, Jondon offers APR as low as 3.9 % with Chevy vans ( including TM of your choice ) if you're going to buy new.
How's that bulge disc ?

I've been thinking about the same thing Dp, newer butler in the future before the fall. They make a great winter machine and a newer model with the "max heat" would solve many short-comings.

As for the neck? After 5 days of near sedation, the disc slid back into place on its own and all the symptoms cleared up. It still has be scared as it came out of nowhere and it is clearly the C2 level according to the MRI. I've got a special pillow now and will have to pay close attention to neck tension going forward, but they tell me that there is really nothing that they can do with that level.

It feels fine right now and I pushed it hard in the weight room and running the roads, so maybe it will be stable and never slip again. I guess there isn't much else that I can do about it. Sure was a rough week though. Sad
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:24 am

Glad to hear that, sounds like my chiropractor would be able to fix you in a couple of visits, he's very good, it's almost like a carpet cleaner, after switching 4 times due to move and not happy with some of them, I finally found that there's such skills in adjusting and cracking your tendons or joints.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:37 am

The gal that was referred to me works for the University and handles mostly atheletes (probably why it didn't work for me...an out of shape carpet cleaner).

My problem is that I really can't relax with someone working on my neck with my history. Even though she was very good and massaged it first, I still found myself on the defense waiting for the attack of cracking the neck.

I guess I still remember the day my neck was fractured and an "adjustment" seems way to similar in action. I don't see myself ever going back.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm the same way and he handles it really well, after he put my head in his hands, he didn't just crack it, he asks me a question or talk to me and distract me and when I relax a bit he did it quick, that's why I said he's the best chiropractor I've had, $ 37 and he really spends time adjusting from head to toe.
I cleaned his mother in law's home and she can't say enough on his talent too, no in laws will say great things if they're not true, lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:05 pm

In-laws are a brutal bunch, that is high praise!

Who knows, maybe I end up back there again under less challenging conditions.

She tried to distract me as well before the "adjustment", but when the turn ended with a dead end, she seemed more shocked about it than I did. After that, she sort of backed off and sent me home with an ice pack. I think she met her first neck that didn't respond the way she expected and was a little concerned since most of my neck is made of metal.

I always tell people that I was terrorist-proof. Can't behead a guy with a simple machete when it consists of 6 inches of metal plating and 24 screws. They would need a sawzall and a snickers because it will be awhile. Razz rabbit
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:40 pm

LOL, unless they have a chain saw huh ? Ha..ha... just kidding Rob.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:42 pm

dp1 wrote:LOL, unless they have a chain saw huh ? Ha..ha... just kidding Rob.

I didn't consider that.....it would still have to be pretty sharp.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down