Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Havn't heard any comments on these units

+3
brianbenaiah
Pro Touch
ACE Services
7 posters

Go down

Havn't heard any comments on these units Empty Havn't heard any comments on these units

Post by ACE Services Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Tell me what you think of these chemtex units I've worked on a few and they seem like good units but I don't clean carpet.
There are no dist. you factory direst free shipping SS wast tanks and SS fresh water tanks available. http://chem-tex.com/product-category/truck-mounts/panther-truck-mounts/
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Havn't heard any comments on these units Empty Re: Havn't heard any comments on these units

Post by Pro Touch Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:26 pm

From what I have read, these units are best used as a paper weights. I haven't seen any kind words about them. I have not used one, so I have no personal experience with them.
Pro Touch
Pro Touch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Havn't heard any comments on these units Empty Re: Havn't heard any comments on these units

Post by brianbenaiah Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:30 pm

I was blessed with an old 18 horse chemtex panther and it is tougher then nails. I have not done a cfm test but it has a 36 blower and with a silver bullet inline filter my carpets dry quick. I have no idea how the new ones are but that old bugger works hard when theres work. But she is about to just be used by my son when theres need for it because once my beautiful Butler is up and cruising I'll be happy.
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:57 pm

One thing I've seen about the design is if the hx goes bad the coil can be changed easily.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by brianbenaiah Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:06 pm

Super easy, I replaced the gaskets in front of heat echanger but heat exchange still hotter then heck. I have never worked on truck mounts in my life but now I have the whole thing memorized, just about that way with my butler now. I think I dream about working on it in my sleep lol.
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:46 pm

thats the company in houston that makes the pre spray ph10k, just judging by how they package their pre spray I wouldnt buy any big machinery from them.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:32 pm

I thought you really liked their pre sprays ( pH 10k ) ? If their pre sprays are good, they must be doing something right ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:00 pm

brianbenaiah wrote:Super easy, I replaced the gaskets in front of heat echanger but heat exchange still hotter then heck. I have never worked on truck mounts in my life but now I have the whole thing memorized, just about that way with my butler now. I think I dream about working on it in my sleep lol.

I thing that's called a nightmare Brian Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:46 am

I will say the exhaust system could stand so turn down tips. Working on one running is worse than a TNT because there's two exhaust blowing in your face. Nothing like exhaust fumes for the brain lol.
But they seem to hold up pretty well got two that I service and both 5k plus hours. Heat wise they work but not as hot as a propane heater but for the price good
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by brianbenaiah Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:00 am

That exhaust is a terrible setup I haven't vented mine out so I keep everthing opened up and dange the other day it hit me in the face and about made me sick.
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:21 am

Mo wrote:
brianbenaiah wrote:Super easy, I replaced the gaskets in front of heat echanger but heat exchange still hotter then heck. I have never worked on truck mounts in my life but now I have the whole thing memorized, just about that way with my butler now. I think I dream about working on it in my sleep lol.

I thing that's called a nightmare Brian Very Happy

LMAO, omg, I laughed so hard at the gym, people think I'm crazy !
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:11 am

Exhaust is easy to fix. If you have a friend that does elect. work have him bend you two 1" conduit 45 degrees then clamp in the exhaust. Paint Crome and add some bling to the unit lol.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:47 am

I have never used any of their units, but I do have friend who has been using one for over 4500 hours now with very little down-time. That at least tells me that they can be reliable.

I would probably look for a different unit personally, but reliability is a big part of the puzzle for me.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:54 am

dp1 wrote:I thought you really liked their pre sprays ( pH 10k ) ? If their pre sprays are good, they must be doing something right ?

ya it is a really good pre spray,   stuff works great.    It just comes in a cardboard box with kitchen trash bags inside,   no labeling

"Looking like they're saving money on packaging"

weird someone edited my post? I never said the saving money on packaging part LOL

no biggie just thought it was weird

Last edited by ACpower1 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brianbenaiah Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:18 pm

ACE Services wrote:Exhaust is easy to fix. If you have a friend that does elect. work have him bend you two 1" conduit 45 degrees then clamp in the exhaust. Paint Crome and add some bling to the unit lol.

Thanks ace ill have to bend some up.
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brianbenaiah Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:38 am

ACE Services wrote:One thing I've seen about the design is if the hx goes bad the coil can be changed easily.
I had a call today of someone wanting to buy the old chemtex for 3k. I wont let the van and machine go that cheap but the machine,yes. A part of me says go for it the other part says what if the old engine goes out or heat exchanger then I'll feel bad for him its all he has. So I looked on line for some good deals for the Newbie TM cleaner and all I found was alot of junk for lots of $$. I make a terrible salesman.

Seeking some of your wisdom. Thanks
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:55 am

If you are happy with 3k offer that he made. Then show him how the unit works demo the unit so he knows how it operates, be up front about the unit if there's anything wrong with it tell he. Give him the pros and cons from your view find out what he expects out of the unit ie; heat, pressure tile ang grout, vac pressure how long a line he plans on running average. If he still wants it and you want to sell MAKE SURE he understands it is AS IS WERE IS no warranty put in writing have him sign and date it. Cash and carry only.
I'm working on one right know he bought this unit at a steal knowing it had problems but had two problem of his own low cash flow vs big contracts. He bought this unit as is was referred to me by seller. Needless to say we've got to know each other well. Someone had been playing in the wiring and other things I've been able to keep it running with used parts I had he's working making money and making needed repaires as he can afford them he's struggling but no drowning my point he new what he bought and not one time has he complained about the deal he made and I'm the one that look over the unit and told him the issues that I could see. Honesty is still the best way to go if they don't but well you didn't take him into something.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:30 am

Excellent advice, that's what I did when I sold my blueline thermalwave a few years back, I was asking 12 k and he made an offer of 10 k, he said that's all he has, the TM has low hours but I'm not happy with the heat, so I told him everything about the unit and known issues and we did the deal, told him he can call me if he has issues with it, been about 3 years and never heard from him Very Happy
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:31 am

Yup full disclosure will ease your guilt if the heater take a crapper Brian. I think anyone buying a TM for 3K has got expect that it needs some work.

Or you could just keep the machine as a back up.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:28 am

I think these are good keep it simple stupid units. They seem like a basic carpet cleaning unit, but if you want to hold heat like a pc or hm for longer trigger times then buy a PC or HM for 25-30k but foe 15k you can't complain, If you took the HX off put on a muffler and propane heater except for the brand of pump and it has a coupler instead of belts well you look at it. I'm talking to Chemtex about becoming a factory field service tec. for my area I'm already working on them but it might open some doors for better pricing on parts can't hurt to talk.
also thinking about putting a parts list up for you guys to use of where to get them. Just bought a temp. sender to go on a prochem legend cost $30.00 bucks got home did a little research online and found the manufacture where to buy cost less than $10.00 same part.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by brianbenaiah Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:36 am

ACE Services wrote:I think these are good keep it simple stupid units. They seem like a basic carpet cleaning unit, but if you want to hold heat like a pc or hm for longer trigger times then buy a PC or HM for 25-30k but foe 15k you can't complain, If you took the HX off put on a muffler and propane heater except for the brand of pump and it has a coupler instead of belts well you look at it. I'm talking to Chemtex about becoming a factory field service tec. for my area I'm already working on them but it might open some doors for better pricing on parts can't hurt to talk.
also thinking about putting a parts list up for you guys to use of where to get them. Just bought a temp. sender to go on a prochem legend cost $30.00 bucks got home did a little research online and found the manufacture where to buy cost less than $10.00 same part.  

I need to fix the pump pressure valve on front of my unit but its little expensive through company. by you finding parts at that great of a price would be a blessing. Thanks for the help.
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:31 pm

What do you mean pump pressure valve are you talking about the press switch at the inlet side. Take a pic and text it to me my number is in my profile.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:17 pm

I think he meant pressure regulator ?
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by brianbenaiah Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:20 pm

Yes sorry thanks dp.  Its the old style I mean old.
brianbenaiah
brianbenaiah
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:32 pm

No problem Brian, usually those things are rebuildable, if you know who manufactured it, contact them directly and ask for info on local distributor that can sell you a rebuild kit, the prochem pressure regulator rebuild kit is about $ 30 I think ?
If you're not sure, compare some pressure regulator styles on the internet, I'm sure you can match one with yours.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down