Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Are multiple jets really better?

+4
Ken Raddon
Davey Cracker
Mo
milspec6
8 posters

Go down

Are multiple jets really better? Empty Are multiple jets really better?

Post by milspec6 Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:29 pm

I was doing a little cleaning today and realized that I had a jet streaking. Flipped over my 6-jet and found a dead jet on the end. Replaced it and then had one near the other end with a poor fan pattern as well.

I switched wands and when I got home proceeded to soak my jets in CLR and cleaned them all up...each jet was clear and tips looked good. I fired the wand up to flush out the manifold with clean water and noticed something that I didn't realize before...more water came out of the jet openings on the ends of the manifold then the center openings. scratch

I thought that maybe the manifold was plugged up, but it flushed out cleanly, yet there was a clear bias of flow to the ends of the manifolds. Maybe it doesn't matter when under pressure with the jets installed, but now I am wondering if the pressure or flow is different between jets?

I still had a poor spray pattern to those jets, so I replaced them with a new set and life is good again. I'm just starting to wonder if having all these jets is really the right approach? The greater number of jets, the greater the cost to replace and the greater chance of a having a jet develop a prostrate problem during the job.

My 4-jet wands don't have a bias to the ends of the manifold and seem to spray true for a much longer time than the 6-jet wands that I use....maybe it is just a coincidence as I don't use them at the same regularity either.

Still, I am starting to think that a 4-jet is the better balance on a wand. Any thoughts?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Are multiple jets really better? Empty Re: Are multiple jets really better?

Post by Mo Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:54 pm

Mine seem to streak at high psi I think Ill soak mine tomorrow. I use 4 jet 6 flow.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:01 pm

My 6-jet wand runs at 12 flow and my 4-jetter at 8 flow. I clean residential at 300 psi and commercial at 450 psi.

I don't see any streaks with the 4-jet wands, just the 6-jet. I also rarely have a bad fan pattern or plugged jet on the quad wands, just the 6-jets.

I'm noting this based on the following wands with 8 month old jets:

PMF Mach 15 Ti (6 jet)
Mytee Bentely (4 jet)
Prochem Quad (4 jet)

I should also mention that the PMF and Prochem have high shear kits, but the problem doesn't exist on the Prochem wand.

I just ordered a VT-12 wand for apartment cleaning which will have the 4-jet system, but I am getting to really wonder about the larger head wands.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:07 pm

I hate to say it, but I'd be surprised if you end up using that VT wand, with all those high end wands at your disposal.

What do you say, DP??
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:26 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:I hate to say it, but I'd be surprised if you end up using that VT wand, with all those high end wands at your disposal.

What do you say, DP??

I hope that isn't the case. I like the PCQ on berbers and short piles while the Bentely is nice on high fibers and for getting into closets. If the VT-12 gets me a lighter replacement for the PCQ, I will be happy.

Why do I feel like I am about to hear the other shoe drop.......
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Raddon Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:31 am

I use my VT all day. I love it. I have 5 jets and runs a 15 flow. Try that on your apartments and rat nasties you will not believe how much better/faster you can rinse with a 15 flow.

Ken Raddon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by carpetdaddy Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:24 am

Screw those wands... Go with an RX20 Very Happy
carpetdaddy
carpetdaddy
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.CarpetDaddys.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Davey Cracker wrote:I hate to say it, but I'd be surprised if you end up using that VT wand, with all those high end wands at your disposal.

What do you say, DP??

I can't say anything cause I left my VT wand on the electric pole by the sidewalk a few weeks ago after cleaning an area rug for a customer and didn't even realize it until a few days later, went back there and of course it was gone Sad
I agree with Rob though, when I used to use PCQ it's good, never had streak, I think it has something to do with round piping instead of square as in hsk ? But PCQ is like a tank compare to titanium wands, now my wand choice is pmf titanium, I'm going to contact Tony soon, been thinking about getting one of those prochem titanium knock off. Don't judge me ! Lol.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by SCCC Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:00 am

milspec6 wrote:I was doing a little cleaning today and realized that I had a jet streaking.  Flipped over my 6-jet and found a dead jet on the end.  Replaced it and then had one near the other end with a poor fan pattern as well.

I switched wands and when I got home proceeded to soak my jets in CLR and cleaned them all up...each jet was clear and tips looked good.  I fired the wand up to flush out the manifold with clean water and noticed something that I didn't realize before...more water came out of the jet openings on the ends of the manifold then the center openings. scratch

I thought that maybe the manifold was plugged up, but it flushed out cleanly, yet there was a clear bias of flow to the ends of the manifolds.  Maybe it doesn't matter when under pressure with the jets installed, but now I am wondering if the pressure or flow is different between jets?

I still had a poor spray pattern to those jets, so I replaced them with a new set and life is good again.  I'm just starting to wonder if having all these jets is really the right approach?  The greater number of jets, the greater the cost to replace and the greater chance of a having a jet develop a prostrate problem during the job.

My 4-jet wands don't have a bias to the ends of the manifold and seem to spray true for a much longer time than the 6-jet wands that I use....maybe it is just a coincidence as I don't use them at the same regularity either.  

Still, I am starting to think that a 4-jet is the better balance on a wand.  Any thoughts?
Mil,
The water flow going towards the last jet is going to happen just because the water enters the manifold (NO JETS) and jumps the other jet holes hits the end and no where to go but out the last hole, when jets are in place it will balance out.
Yes you are correct about 4 jet vs 6 jets, stock setting a 6 jet wand will have smaller jets 01's theses smaller jets will wear faster than say a 4 jet 1.5's or 4 jets 02's
The more precise the opening the quicker, and more noticeable its wear is. Also they plug much easier and then get messed up by us trying to clear it out on the job with some make shift jet cleaner.
Jets are not cheap, so the less you have to buy the better, the fewer the jets the bigger the opening less PITA you have with them.
6 jet wands can really give you a larger amount of flow when you start getting to the point of tweaking your wand with high flow, but I don't think your average cleaner even messes with flow, so that being said I do believe a proper 4 jet wand is better.
SCCC
SCCC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE Services Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:00 pm

Quick note use a piece of stranded copper wire to clean jet tips. Just find the right gauge that a single strand will fit cut it at a angle then strip back about one inch now you have 10-15 tip cleaners that will not damage the orifice of the jet.
ACE Services
ACE Services
Truckmount Mechanic
Truckmount Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:00 pm

ACE Services wrote:Quick note use a piece of stranded copper wire to clean jet tips. Just find the right gauge that a single strand will fit cut it at a angle then strip back about one inch now you have 10-15 tip cleaners that will not damage the orifice of the jet.

Good tip
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down