Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

On the job accident....ever have one?

+6
milspec6
Mo
Andy Mc
Cjcann
ACpower1
Devon07
10 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

On the job accident....ever have one? Empty On the job accident....ever have one?

Post by Devon07 Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:29 pm

A lady heard we were good and trustworthy....I met her to get keys to her home....she said to move everything except for this one antique cabinet with old bubbled curved corner glass.......she even went far enough to say just stay away from it.....well, (gulp) while upstairs FAR away from this old EXPENSIVE antique the hose was bunching up at the top of the stairs and all at once it went down stairs on its own.....I heard a shatter. Having history in the antique business I was able to have it fixed.....$2200 and I scored her some nice antiques for the trouble. I was sick! I had to send it off to Chicago to a specialty shop....after it was all over she continued using us...BUT we had to hear it every time.OMG
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

On the job accident....ever have one? Empty Re: On the job accident....ever have one?

Post by ACpower1 Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:31 am

little giant blew up in my face and scorched my hair plus lost my eyebrows...

go ahead laugh it up u assholes
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

On the job accident....ever have one? Empty Re: On the job accident....ever have one?

Post by Cjcann Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:57 am

Slammed the sliding van door on my own finger because it was so cold out that I couldn't feel it or where it was. Smashed the bone on the tip pretty badly, needed stitches. SUCKED!
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mc Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:50 am

I had the same thing happen AC, I smelt like burning hair the who day, lol

The worst was when I was using a porty to clean a urine soaked carpet, after the job was done I went to unplug the cord from the back of the machine, my hand caught the drain valve as I pulled the cord off the machine.

Dumped about two gallons of amber colored pee water back on the carpet before I could get it closed. I did not own a water claw at the time,

Andy Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:59 am

We knocked a lamp over one time (new guy) it only broke the bulb....the new guy ran to the bathroom and robbed a bulb to replace the obvious broken one....he cleaned the broken glass and when all was done we left...never was an issue!...I cleaned for her for years and one day I told her what happend....she freaked out but was glad I told her....The bulb in the bathroom recently burned out and she just replaced it the day before and KNEW she put the bulb in it (now missing, but in the liv rm lamp) for a couple years this poor woman tried to solve the puzzle...she lives alone so you know it was very odd to her. She also thought the lamp light was a little brighter than normal but never checked it because she thought she was going crazy.We call her the lamp lady.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:17 am

Andy Mc wrote:I had the same thing happen AC,  I smelt like burning hair the who day, lol

The worst was when I was using a porty to clean a urine soaked carpet,   after the job was done I went to unplug the cord from the back of the machine,  my hand caught the drain valve as I pulled the cord off the machine.

Dumped about two gallons of amber colored pee water back on the carpet before I could get it closed.       I did not own a water claw at the time,

That's a funny one. Hopefully the customer wasn't  hovering when that happended but then again you probably stunk up the place Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:42 am

I was putting on a show for a very attractive woman in a rich neighborhood a few years back. She was very interested in all the machinery being used to clean her wool carpet house.

I gave it the full white glove treatment and even wore a suit and tie back then minus the jacket. It was going great and she started telling me about the expensive paintings on the wall when I turned on my brand new twin airpath fans in the living room.......blew the paintings right off the wall and smashed the frames when they hit the floor. No
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:13 pm

Oh shoot!!
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Lady had a small shelf that held small nic\nacs. It was about shoulder high. I knocked off an antique saucer, it broke in 2. I took it to her and said that I would replace it. She says, " you can't, its a 50 year old antique from Belgium(or some European country). It irrreplacable! " Then she says " looks like a clean break, I can glue that". Whew. I did clean for her a few more times.
Today I was checking the oil level in my van. As I closed the hood I almost caught my thumb under the hood. It just barely snipped it(missed). I was thinking: I could have been stuck there in pain for awhile, yelling...and screaming.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:22 pm

ACpower1 wrote:little giant blew up in my face and scorched my hair plus lost my eyebrows...  

go ahead laugh it up u assholes

HAHA I'm an asshole, and have had that happen twice now.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:31 pm

It takes a proud man, who is balding and has a beer belly; to be walking down the street AND still think he's sexy.
Matt; My carpet cleaner
Matt; My carpet cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:48 pm

But they still can have hawt women!...........Me with my 22 yr old GF... laughing

On the job accident....ever have one? Do-women-like-fat-men-700x340
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:54 am

This pic could be mis leading, her face could be------> laughing
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:17 am

Devon07 wrote: This pic could be mis leading, her face could be------> laughing

I would not care.....
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:20 am

I doubt if she looks like this laughing But then again it is Dave girlfriend Laughing "Baby Don't Have Back"

Dang it Dave you derailed a topic again. But I gues if you meet your girlfriend at a carpet cleaningjon and she looked like this laughing It could be considered a work place accident
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:57 pm

I remembered another one which was a close call thankfully..  

we clean a 4.5 mil house in a neighborhood called woodway,  its a cliffside area just north of seattle with eastcoast style mansions,    they call about 2x per year and are super nice.  

my buddy was pulling the stair tool off and the vac hose latched itself onto a really fancy looking koi painting on the wall LOL    it was bad,  I was so scared.     Luckily it didnt do anything to it...   no idea what this thing was worth

but I can tell you they have an area rug in their house that is 55' long and 26' wide,   I would guess its close to a 200,000 dollar rug but thats just a guess. She asked me to clean it, I said hell no. If she paid me a few thousand to clean it still wouldnt be worth the risk.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:10 pm

I bet that rug was worth a whole lot more than 200k....wise decision to pass on that one.

I had a down-filled silk sofa that a customer asked me clean while I was cleaning the guest room. I looked at my sapphire, thought about the money, and then waved good-bye. I know when it is time to walk, some jobs are just too dangerous.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by BuSoCorp Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:28 am

this first time customer called to clean all the carpets on her condo, a sectional, a recliner and some chairs. When there is upholstery I usually send one of my guys, but the job was in the building where I was working so I went for it. When I was finishing up she wanted to ad an area rug and I told her I would do it for free since it was virtually new and clean she was paying good money already.

Two hours later she called me and asked me to come back, since I was still on the building went back and the damn rug had wrinkles all over and couldn't figure out why, so I offered to pay for it, she showed me the bill from overstock.com and I immediately paypaled her the money, $350. she told me I could keep the rug, since I paid for it, but ask to come back for it when the new one arrived. A week later I got my money back from paypal with a note saying the wrinkles were gone the next day.

BuSoCorp

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:05 am

I thought you were going to say it was a bleeder...I had a "carpet Cleaner" call me once to try and fix his mistake....he tossed a bleeding rug on a white cotton sofa after cleaning it.....you do the math.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:07 am

Used acid tile cleaner on customer's kitchen tile and apparently when scrubbing, splashed some of the solutions on brand new fridge and dishwasher, burned spots on stainless steel cover, had to use insurance to pay for replacement, the next month, the insurance company dropped me Evil or Very Mad
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:09 am

Pressure hoses burst black death all over customer's ceiling, won't come off with moist towels, had to repaint the ceiling Evil or Very Mad
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down