Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Sometimes you just don't realize things

3 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Go down

Sometimes you just don't realize things Empty Sometimes you just don't realize things

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:31 pm

I just picked up my van from the mechanic where I had him replace a leaking steering gear box. It has had a small leak (couple of drips) for most of the past year and it was time to just fix it.

I had no idea that the box was getting that bad, but the van steers like a caddy now! I had just gradually gotten used to the numb steering that I no longer realized just what it was like in the beginning.

Driving home got me thinking, not about the steering, but about this business. Was I still getting after it like in the beginning or have I gradually declined and not realized it? Have I become like that steering, numb and just going through the motions in a lack-luster way?

I used to be pretty aggressive at trying to close the deal and to open up new markets, but I realized that it hasn't been the case this past year. I've missed a few calls and I have delayed calling people back when they inquire about cleaning. I even rescheduled my jobs this weekend due to the extreme heat.....these things never happened in years prior.

It is time that I fix the small leak in my business and get back in the game with some energy. I'm putting together a new advertising campaign, greater door-to-door business sales, greater organization, and maybe even changing uniform and image. I want to steer the business like that caddy as well.

Think about your own business.....are you leaking fluid?
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Sometimes you just don't realize things Empty Re: Sometimes you just don't realize things

Post by Mo Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:24 pm

That rings so true for me too Rob. I think it stems from the fact that I am really not interested in busting my ass of day in and day out cleaning carpet.

I was cleaning with another helper yesterday and this guy is really detailed oriented, very conscientious and great with customers. I started to seriously consider hiring him full time.

Then I started thinking of the steps that I would have to take to secure more business and It kind of stressed me out just thinking about it. But it sure would be a challenge that would bring back that passion that I had for the business when I started
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Sometimes you just don't realize things Empty Re: Sometimes you just don't realize things

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:46 pm

With the volume of work you do Mo, Dp, Davey, etc., I can sure see how avoiding some burn out would be difficult.  Then I think about running a marathon.

It's funny, but when you run a marathon you really get a different view on life.  You start out with excitement and a belief that you can run through walls, but somewhere in the middle, it gets tough and you start to doubt yourself.

That doubt stage may last for 6-7 miles and then you hit that "I can't do this" phase and still have another 5 miles to go.  You are in pain, nauseated, exhausted, and really wishing you never started this event.

Then the magic happens.  As long as you just focus on getting one foot in front of the other, you eventually see the finish line a mile away.  Now you are recharged and pushing hard through the finish and into the medal award corral.  By the next morning, you want to plan for the next race.

Life and business seem to operate the same way.  Keep the feet moving and find inspiration where you can...the finish line is out there and if you look over your shoulder you will see thousands behind you trying to reach what you have already surpassed.

All of you business owners out there impress me every day.   cheers
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Score one for the home team.

I ran into a fellow cleaner in my area trying to work in this heat. Since I was taking the day off, I offered to buy him a vanilla shake for his efforts.

Nice guy, we talked shop for awhile and in the end, we struck a business deal. He drives an hour to work in my area and I sometimes have drive an hour to work in his area. So, we traded.

He refers his calls to me and I will do the same to him. That way we both get to stay in our areas and be home sooner. I gave him a referral and he just called and gave me 2 for next week.

I'm liking the way this month is turning out. Never thought I would be happy to pay a $400 repair bill, but it was the kick in the butt that I needed.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:26 pm

Thats the fire I had when I went shopping! im getting good referals now and its starting in the direction I want....I have been running a few specials that are slightly below what I want in the norm but im getting the ball rolling. My Facebook has 135 likes since just over a month ago I think.....so its gaining.

milspec....you might be a worn out steering box but if youre leaking, that cant be good.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down