Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Angies list???????

5 posters

Go down

Angies list??????? Empty Angies list???????

Post by Cjcann Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:28 am

I signed last month, Talked em down on price, they wanted $330, i'm paying $250. Two months in- 1 call from a bad picky customers who made us jump through hoops then cancelled. Yes your customers can review your work, but they have to give a lot of personal info, withstand a sales pitches, probably receive a thousand emails a month from "Angie". NO WONDER my customers are not leaving reviews, they make it difficult for non members to do so. $500 in to this program and 1 bad call. My account rep and another rep where not returning my emails in a timely manner until I lit a fire under there ass with my initial sales rep, now they respond to my emails in one day instead of when they feel like it. Their magazine with my special offer is coming out on August 1st. If I do not get enough business to pay the monthly nut I will no longer pay them and cancel my contract with them. How? That's why I pay with a debit card and never give ANYBODY my bank account #. Easy to cancel your card and get a new one. We'll see what happens, hope I start getting some calls..........................
Cjcann
Cjcann
Active Poster
Active Poster

http://www.njserviceone.com

Back to top Go down

Angies list??????? Empty Re: Angies list???????

Post by Mo Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:49 am

Thats a pretty good price for a big metro area you're in D but If it the ROI blows it's expensive. You may want to give it some time to get more review from Angie custsies
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:31 pm

I'm getting more and more bad feedbacks on advertising on AL, yet they keep emailing me trying to get me to sign with them, my last email to them was "stop emailing me !" We'll see if it stops or not.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:13 pm

It seems, in this respect, AL is no different than Yelp. Advertizing or not, until you have enough reviews you don't get the calls. For me, and others I've talked to regarding Yelp, it took about 10-15 reviews before the phone was ringing, wither you were paying for advo or not (for me it was 12). I only have 4 reviews on AL, and have been paying them for the last 2 months for advo, with only 1 call/job in that time, but at least it was more than enuf to cover the advo cost so far.

I still get a ton of calls from Yelp, even tho I'm no longer paying them, because I now have 60 reviews, and shown in the top 3 consistently when searched.

I believe it's no fault of AL or Yelp, just the way consumers are, they don't call if you don't have the reviews.

It's funny how some get a bad taste in their mouth, just based on posted stuff like this..........DP. LOL
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:37 pm

Well Dave, I don't have bad taste in my mouth yet since I'm not paying them, lol.
Just the fact they kept calling and emailing after I changed my mind about advertising with them, it kinda shows their true color.
I hope it pays off for you Dave, at least I wish you'll break even with the advertisement costs even though that means you work those jobs free of charge of your labor and gas.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Yea, well at least I have enough under my belt to cover cost, al though like you say It's really not like I've made money......but it sure beats the hell outa not covering cost.

I thought you remembered what it was like when new on Yelp?.......phone not ringing until you got enough reviews.

I've seen how this stuff works over the last couple years, and I know once the reviews are built up, it's non stop.  I made the mistake of paying before I have them, yes.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:57 pm

ya you have to realize your up on the list with other companies that maybe have hundreds of As

so its hard to a customer to want to select you with less reviews

so to get it rolling you may have to offer a slightly lower price than you would normally like, we did this for a while and it worked really well.

when we only had a couple reviews it really boosted the sales on there, then each 6months just raise your storefront offers

remember, 90% of customers cant even remember what exactly they paid you last time
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down