Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

I did not know you could do this with Angies List

+2
Davey Cracker
Mo
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I did not know you could do this with Angies List Empty I did not know you could do this with Angies List

Post by Mo Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:23 pm

I haven't spoken to angies in quite sometime, but I thought only Angies members could leave reviews. Click on the link below. Doesn't it read like anyone could leave a review there. You just need to leave a name address and phone number. Try it with your account just add your company ID to the URL.

http://my.angieslist.com/angieslist/Review/5532013

I assume once a non angies member submits a review a rep will contact them collect there yearly fee. Last I checked it was only 12.00/yr.  You can embed the link to.

Read Unbiased Consumer Reviews Online at AngiesList.com
angieslist.com/review/5532013
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

I did not know you could do this with Angies List Empty Re: I did not know you could do this with Angies List

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:39 pm

That's correct, you don't have to be a member to leave a review.

And just because a person leaves a review there's no commitment to become a member.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

I did not know you could do this with Angies List Empty Re: I did not know you could do this with Angies List

Post by Mo Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:51 pm

I just checked the old embed to leave reviews and it went to a my companies profile. So that has definitely changed. I just replaced my footer and contact page to the new leave review embed.

Not sure if I like that policy of an Joe blow leaving a review with out paying for a membership although it will be easier to get reviews. In the past they didnt even want you soliciting review
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:07 pm

I was just told by my rep, non members can leave reviews and they now encourage you to ask for reviews............matter of fact, they will even help you get them I was told.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:30 pm

ya anyone can leave one but its rare, most reviews come from members. Also the reviews dont show up the same. This is just to prevent a company from spamming the review system with fake ones.

uh oh Davey has a "rep" now, you finally cave into an ad program?

its not a bad idea, we have had excellent results but also started at 1k/month... they understand that when your spending a good amount you wont last long without jobs coming in... only took a few months to get pretty slammed on there and its stayed that way ever since.
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:39 pm

Angies list seems good but I think its NOT for me.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:24 pm

ACpower1 wrote:ya anyone can leave one but its rare,   most reviews come from members.     Also the reviews dont show up the same.     This is just to prevent a company from spamming the review system with fake ones.    

uh oh Davey has a "rep" now,     you finally cave into an ad program?    

its not a bad idea,    we have had excellent results but also started at 1k/month...    they understand that when your spending a good amount you wont last long without jobs coming in...    only took a few months to get pretty slammed on there and its stayed that way ever since.  

I haven't signed contract yet, but will be soon...........I'm still negotiating the best deal I can get.
But I'm looking at spending  $3-400 a month, I don't need the volume you and a lot of other guys do.

How many reviews did you have at the time you first started advo with AL?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:33 pm

I only had 5-6 I think when we started. That number rapidly increases once your getting a good work load through them.

Were at about 300 now with only a few Cs and 2 Ds/Fs all which were ridiculous customers, most of them we didnt even do the job just saw the home and carpet and told them we cant help them... major urine damage were a few, I told them to call a contractor
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:36 pm

/Wow, 300 is a lot!!

At this point I only have 3 on there, so I hope I'm not making a mistake by starting with so few?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:33 pm

This was an interesting article on Angies List.....thoughts?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2013/09/10/aint-it-time-to-say-goodbye-to-angies-list/
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:24 pm

Seems like the same ol BS, that has been said about Yelp and others. I don't know what else to say really, other than I've run across several people that find the service very helpful and must more reliable then others.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:54 am

And it seems it's stock related, which I honestly don't know much about......but looks like it's a real bashing type report?
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:46 am

I just typed a big reply to this, it did not load when I hit send...then it was gone forever. Oh well. Mad

Last edited by Devon07 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:18 pm

Sorry about that Devon. I thought that was fixed
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:28 pm

No biggie Mo.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:20 pm

Devon07 wrote:I just typed a big reply to this, it did not load when I hit send...then it was gone forever. Oh well. Mad

After having that happen to me a few times in the last couple weeks, I've gotten in the habit of "Copy"ing my text before hitting send. That way when it happens, I can just "Paste" and try again.

It's frustrating to spend time on a long response, just to have the forum screw you out of it.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:42 pm

Has that happened to you since the last time Dave
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:03 pm

I'd guess it's prob been a week or maybe more since it last happened......but can't remember exactly the last time it happened.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks. Im going to resynch the whole forum
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:29 pm

Ive been "copy"ing too....only problem with that is...my mouse is a broken mouse and to copy is to much work at times...Glad youre looking into it Mo.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:56 pm

That article speaks the truth. They are now just like all the other referral and review sites out there. There model turned away from the end user and is now focused on contractor revenue.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:05 pm

Thats how I see it Mo...they had a nice way to "get in" and now has the potential to be a monster like the YP were.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kleen1 Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Angie's list has a form you can hand out to all customers to get reviews. Only angies list reviews count on your rating though. All other reviews do not count on you rating.
kleen1
kleen1

http://masterkleen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:35 pm

That's what I need, is more reviews on AL...........I'm just spinning my wheels paying for Advo without them.

A friend was sposta help, but hasn't. laughing
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:22 pm

Ive recently joined for the heck of it and find it hard to get people to take a minute or two to post a review.....most of them seem fraudulent anyway....any time I ever read a review I felt as though the owner did it or had a few groupies get it done. pffft!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next