Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

My first job after a pinched nerve in my neck

+2
Davey Cracker
Mo
6 posters

:: Forums :: Off Topic

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My first job after a pinched nerve in my neck Empty My first job after a pinched nerve in my neck

Post by Mo Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:33 pm

So I got a pinched nerve in my neck a week ago. My neck got stiff and it traveled down my right arm. My neck, upper back, shoulder, trciep, elbow hurt like shit so I took the week off.

I cleaned 4 rooms today with hardly no pain. the customer wanted the tile cleaned but I did't want to push it so I rescheduled it. On the way home after I cooled off and started to feel the pain got iced my neck bengayed my whole arm well see how it feels tomorrow.

The worst pain is at night no position is comfortable and I have these shoot sharp pains. I bought that contour pillow you talked about Rob so hopefully that will give me some relief. But it good to know I can still clean with this injury

Poor baby
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thecleanerslounge.com

Back to top Go down

My first job after a pinched nerve in my neck Empty Re: My first job after a pinched nerve in my neck

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:52 pm

Glad to hear it went pretty well, hopefully you don't pay the price next couple days.

I know that pinched nerve down the limb deal type pain.  Years ago I fought a pinched nerve in my lower back, for a couple years actually, that caused pain from lower back to the tip of my toes in my R leg.....it's horrible Sad
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

My first job after a pinched nerve in my neck Empty Re: My first job after a pinched nerve in my neck

Post by Mo Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:16 pm

Dam it lasted a couple of years? Was it the sciatic nerve?
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:24 pm

Way to tough it out, but you are not out of the woods. A pinched nerve like that is likely due to a herniated disc at C4-5.....common area. Nothing really kills that pain as you found out and it can flare up out of nowhere for years.

That pillow will make a huge difference after about 2 nights...especially if you sleep on your side. Beyond that, make it a point to look up at several times throughout the day as most of this problem develops over years of looking down (office work, watching the ground when you walk, hunched over posture).

Sleep good and study the clouds...
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:25 pm

damn hope it gets better soon Mo

I know a guy that has a sciatic nerve problem and has to wear a device that shocks the nerve when he hits the button
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Lot of people going that route now AC....horrible thought to me.

Jerry Lewis was suicidal due to back pain until they implanted that shock gizmo. Constant pain is a tough animal to fight.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:38 pm

I just realized we are probably depressing Mo with all this gloom talk...sorry buddy, so let me give you some positive stories.

I herniated a disk in my lower back shoveling snow years ago and it kept flaring up for the next year. Things like running a circular saw was murder as it would flare when I reached out with the saw...buckled me right to the ground.

It had me really worried and then it just went away on its own. I haven't had a single back pain since then ....almost 17 years now and I am not kind to my lower back at all.

It might just be a simple inflamed nerve sheath and nothing more. Once it calms down, it will only be a story for another day.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:43 pm

I tell you what Im the type of guy that hates taking aspirin I will just ride out a head ache. But this pain is a bitch right now Im testing to see how many beers it will take to dull the pain.

It is getting better so hopefully thats a good sign
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:51 pm

Same here, I don't like taking anything.  I deal with severe pain internally (liver mostly) for the first 8 hours of each day...been that way for the last 4 years and no doctor seems to know why....it is just life, we all have something to bear.

Worst case scenario, you wind up needing to fuse a level in your neck.  IF it comes down to that, I can walk you through that as I have gone through it when they rebuilt my broken neck.  Not bad really, but slow recovery phase with probably zero chance at returning to cleaning for at least 4 months and likely 6 months.

Let's hope it isn't the case and the pillow wipes it out in a few nights.  You will be surprised how well the pillow helps.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Oh man that sucks dude. Ive reading on line wear folk have had good results with those slings that wrap around your head to pull your kneck

My first job after a pinched nerve in my neck Jscl_pinched_nerve_water_bag_traction
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:05 pm

That contraption only helps with crushed discs not herniated. Age can cause the discs to collapse becoming rigid and without fluid. A herniated disc is out of alignment with the disc slipped out of its normal position....stretching a herniated disc might not be a very good idea.

You all know that I dislike doctors, but an MRI is a very valuable thing with neck issues before you start experimenting. After my injury, I made the mistake of visiting a Chiropractor who almost puked when she adjusted my neck and it just kept on going like an owl. Shocked

The MRI is what told me that I actually had 2 fractured vertebrae and several destroyed discs. I rolled into surgery the next morning.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:14 pm

An Owl Very Happy  Chiropractors can't align my neck I get to stiff and don't relax, scares the crap out of me
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:23 pm

Mo wrote:Dam it lasted a couple of years? Was it the sciatic nerve?

That's exactly what it was.

Chiros scare me too, I don't like all the pressing n popping.
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Davey Cracker Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:11 pm

Hope it's feeling better soon, Mo!
Davey Cracker
Davey Cracker
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:25 am

Maybe you just need to move to a drier climate.....oh, never mind.
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:25 pm

I thought I responded to this thread a few days ago but apparently I didn't, so no you're not the only one Rob, lol.

Today as I was waiting for a table at a restaurant for lunch, I felt an uncomfortable feeling in my right side neck, it's almost a sore feeling, then it kinda escalated to my right shoulder after an afternoon nap, it's almost like this thing is contagious through the forum Sad Crying
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:27 pm

I need to start selling contoured pillows....I might become rich. Very Happy
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:53 pm

Well, we all have the Med issue in common. I wont take a pill for anything.....I will do the Ibuprofen but thats it....my doc will give me anything I ask for too. The best thing is heat or cold packs and a glass of wine or beer....meditation and showers....stretching and rolling around on the floor. I can handle lots of pain. must be a carpet cleaner thing.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:00 pm

I can certainly handle lots of pain but not because I'm a carpet cleaner, more likely because I'm married Sad lol
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:02 pm

dp1 wrote:I can certainly handle lots of pain but not because I'm a carpet cleaner, more likely because I'm married Sad lol

Tell me about im in the dog house with my wife right. She'll go weeks giving me the cold shoulder. I just look at it as a vacation Very Happy
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:04 pm

dp1 wrote:I thought I responded to this thread a few days ago but apparently I didn't, so no you're not the only one Rob, lol.

Today as I was waiting for a table at a restaurant for lunch, I felt an uncomfortable feeling in my right side neck, it's almost a sore feeling, then it kinda escalated to my right shoulder after an afternoon nap, it's almost like this thing is contagious through the forum Sad Crying

Its like clock work after every summer of busting ass my body tell me to slow the hell down
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Mo wrote:
dp1 wrote:I can certainly handle lots of pain but not because I'm a carpet cleaner, more likely because I'm married Sad lol

Tell me about im in the dog house with my wife right. She'll go weeks giving me the cold shoulder. I just look at it as a vacation Very Happy

No wonder you're always online lately and always answer my phone calls and texts, lol laughing
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:36 am

It might be contagious Mo.

Both my sub and my helper failed to show up for work last night leaving me to clean 8100 square feet of a theater lobby myself.

I was good for about 4.5 hours and then I strained my elbow tossing hoses out of the way and then wrenched my back after moving the 30th sand-filled brass stanchion.

I didn't get done until after midnight....5.5 hours after starting and I was pushing the pace. I feel like a corpse now with all the stiffness.

I get to go back tonight to clean the seated portion of the theater. I don't know how I am going to feel after some sleep, but my help better show this time as I am in no mood to clean 500 seats by myself. Mad

But hey, at least my neck doesn't hurt...it is just everything else. Smile
milspec6
milspec6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:49 am

I hope they show up Rob. If do end having to do those by your self make sure to take breaks, do some stretching of the neck and back or maybe do have today and the other half some other time.
Mo
Mo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:24 am

Rob....I would not use that help again! If I cant count on someone, they are dirt to me. especially if I was hung high like 8100 sf. %.5 hrs is a tough one.....thats about all im good for in one evening. I had my brother in law help me the other day and even with him not knowing a thing he was great help just to save steps.....on a flight of steps at two homes I would have been up and down them at least 20 times......I gave him 15 of the 20. Wink plus he could pull some hose and wrap it up while I collected. 4 bigger jobs made him valuable.

DP....That was funny right there!
Mo....Mr gets to vacation alot!
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next