Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» RX20 for sale
by ACE Services Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 pm

» So has this forum too, went the way of extinction too?
by Mo Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

» Roll call....
by ACE Services Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 am

» New moves for business 2019
by ACpower1 Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 am

» Government shutdown
by ACE Services Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 am

» Stepped back in time
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

» .....Christmas ever
by Mo Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

» have you ever use dyson for cleaning ?
by milspec6 Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm

» Water Heater
by Mo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

» anyone have an idea of why...?
by milspec6 Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 pm

» I don't know squat
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:14 pm

» what would you charge
by Mo Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 am

» Frozen cleaning for practice
by milspec6 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:33 pm

» for the Holidays........
by Matt; My carpet cleaner Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

» Pricing....ouch
by milspec6 Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

How do you handle customers when broke down?

4 posters

Go down

How do you handle customers when broke down? Empty How do you handle customers when broke down?

Post by Devon07 Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:19 pm

I had a belt issue and thought it was going to be an easy fix...it basically was except the belt wasnt easy to find...(I ordered two now) anyway how do you talk to the customer who has been waiting for you...luckily I had two who were very understanding and said no big deal...I never really worried about this so much until I got the call that the customer was LIVID with my competition who dropped her appointment and left her hanging....I got a new account with her...I did her home and will now be in charge of 6 complexes that need cleaned as tenants move out. This is my point!...she dumped the old guy because he didnt make the appointment and I dont think she got mad easy...I think he really screwed up and left her hanging....she wouldnt mention who but I know who it wasnt.

I never had one so mad the never called me again.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

How do you handle customers when broke down? Empty Re: How do you handle customers when broke down?

Post by milspec6 Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:45 pm

I don't think she dumped him over that, she just needed an excuse.

If the customer likes you, you can make all kinds of mistakes and they will still hire you every time....they just might laugh at your quirks with others from time to time.

I have seen this for decades now and I am convinced that it is true....being likeable is the best thing you can do for your business.

I used to break down a lot in the early days running crappy used equipment that used to shoot flames out the exhaust at times. My customers named my machine "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", but they kept calling me back anyway. Wine

It isn't your price, your machinery, the tools, the chems, or any of that crap. It is you and your personality that makes or breaks your business.
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

How do you handle customers when broke down? Empty Re: How do you handle customers when broke down?

Post by Devon07 Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:29 pm

I agree with you...the lady dropped him and added me...she requested all my insurance info and has three units for me to do now.

He must not be very likable because she is really cool and easy to deal with. she said she had a closing and promised it would be cleaned on her personal home...the closing was at 8am Thursday and he dropped her Wednesday late AND only after she called him. So, in a panic found me on the internet and called...we hit it off on the phone right away...she wanted a price and asked if she could get a quote over the phone...I bluntly said NO! then laughed and she said just come and do it, I like you!

You are correct though Rob, they will understand the world for you if they like you.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:26 am

Just apologize and be honest, if they are willing to reschedule, try to reschedule them a few days after your part is scheduled to arrive, just to make sure you don't have to call them again to reschedule again, usually rescheduling more than once irritates some / most people. Your repeat customers will definitely understand but your new ones would think you're unreliable when you have to reschedule twice.
If you're close to me I'd be happy to bail you out, unfortunately you're a couple of thousand miles away Razz
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:37 pm

DP...I wish I had someone here I could have that with....I offer it to my competition but they wouldnt dare take me up on it....they know the custy will tilt the head.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dp1 Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:02 pm

Hmmm, I'm not sure I understand the head tilt, all I have to do is drive the van there to the job site and you meet me there, I've bailed Dave out once by doing just that, Dave was the one doing the work with my TM, customers are informed prior, did I mention Dave was sweaty as hell when he cleaned with my machine ? Razz

I think it's a matter of explaining things prior to the customer, and I think your competitors are just giving excuses not to help each other out, just wait until their equipments break down, I'm not hoping but sometimes you won't know how that feels until it happens to you.

Oh yeah, since it's taking longer for you to get parts, may be it's a good idea to buy a portable extractor down the road ? For this purpose, so that if there's a repeat customers of your that have emergency you can still do the job with a portable extractor, my buddy Jerry from American Extractor can hook you up, let me know if you want his #, he's very easy to deal with.
dp1
dp1

Back to top Go down

Post by ACpower1 Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:29 pm

I just give them a discount or a free item cleaned, usually never an issue but there is the customer that is moving in the next day.. it sucks to let them down
ACpower1
ACpower1
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

http://www.hydracleanNW.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:34 pm

The head tilt was the custy looking confused as they realize the company they hired sucks when they see my work! lol I wish I was just being arrogant but that's not the case...I'm in an area where people have been forced to settle....they haven't had great service and when they do they tilt the head with confusion. Even now fuel here is .30 higher then most cities here because they are captive. they have to shop here because driving to get gas cheaper will be counter productive....buying food is the same way.....its just a different monster here.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon07 Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:37 pm

I cleaned carpet for a lady who can care less about who she calls (her own words) when she seen my work she was shocked and said the last guy never cleaned this well and was more expensive. I charged my rates without discount ....I was there 35/40 minutes (3 room, traffic area only) and was paid $160. So I wasn't too cheap.
Devon07
Devon07
Expert & Trusted Member
Expert & Trusted Member

Back to top Go down

Post by milspec6 Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Maybe we should wear a rubber mask of Ronald Reagon or something. Then when we need to send a stand-in, we just give them the mask.

Nobody would ever know.....
milspec6
milspec6

http://castledefendersllc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down